Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move Objects - Up & Down

Hi there,

I LOVE that we now have the Move Objects Cheat in the Sims 4. I saw on youtube that Deligracy was able to move items up and down using the keys 0 and 9 or 0 to 9. I've tried to do that but can't. Any ideas as to how I can do it?

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2014
    What does holding shift and moving the mouse up or down do?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    What does holding shift and moving the mouse up or down do?

With the new up and down you do not have to have objects against the walls this with MOO means you can put objects anywhere.
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    They say 9 to move up but that just brings my camera to one corner of the lot. I only know one way to work around this and that is to press Alt+9 , but 0 still works.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Angelicbabe09 I grab the object and hold on with the mouse while pressing the 0 or 9.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I did wonder what this meant as i find it hard to understand the patch notes as they are too jokey
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    While grabbing the object, hold CTRL+9 to raise things up or 0 to lower them.
  • Standry996Standry996 Posts: 3 New Member
    Making the same thing....... when you clicked ctrl+9 you saved position of camera . I just don't know how to undo that :smile:
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2014
    It seems that if you have the camera set to Sims3 controls, you have to use CTRL+9 to move objects up and down. If you have camera set to default for Sims4, just using the 9 works.
    Post edited by ruthless_kk on
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Weird, it's Alt+9 for me. But maybe ctrl works too, haven't tried.
  • Standry996Standry996 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am using ctrl+9 and camera does not moving and object is going up. Hope i helped you :)
  • debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    OP, glad you asked. I learned something too. :D
  • Angelicbabe09Angelicbabe09 Posts: 19 Member
    It ended up working for me - but I upgraded my game (didn't have the premium content...but I bought it) and now it's working just using 9 or 0. I don't know why it wasnt working before and now its started to work. But thanks everyone :)
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Another simmer was able to use the slider up and down to add kitchen clutter and some plants to the top of wall cabinets, makes the kitchen look homey. I forgot to do it in my last gameplay but will if I remember anytime soon. Nice for items that won't fit on shelves.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    OMG I like this up and down thing so much! now I can make a trellis over pillars and cover it with plants an flowers and I can have a pavilion in the garden without foundation even when the main building has it!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    Well it isn't working for me, sadly. 9 moves the camera to the corner of the lot, holding shift, alt, ctrl or a combination of those together with 9 does nothing.

Any other suggestions? :)
  • LiodannaLiodanna Posts: 10 New Member
    Not working for me either, totally clean fully patched game using Sims 3 camera options and nothing works.
  • LVDYHVWKELVDYHVWKE Posts: 5 New Member
    So this it one of those DOH! moments in the Sims...i had the same problem with MOO the 9 and 0 would not work at all for me...but that is because i was using the numeric keypad.The second I tried the regular numbers located on the top of all the letters It worked just fine.
  • naromeiznekcamnaromeiznekcam Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a Windows computer. If you have one too, follow these instructions: Open Cheats (CTRL+SHIFT+C), Type in the Move Objects Cheat (bb.moveobjects), click on your item, move up with (CTRL+SHIFT+9) and down with (CTRL+SHIFT+0). I hope this is helpful! :) ;)
  • GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    I have a Windows computer. If you have one too, follow these instructions: Open Cheats (CTRL+SHIFT+C), Type in the Move Objects Cheat (bb.moveobjects), click on your item, move up with (CTRL+SHIFT+9) and down with (CTRL+SHIFT+0). I hope this is helpful! :);)

Thanks Naromeiznekcam, this works for me! :)
  • Creativejess101Creativejess101 Posts: 2 New Member
    You need to have move objects on
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Gainja wrote: »
    I have a Windows computer. If you have one too, follow these instructions: Open Cheats (CTRL+SHIFT+C), Type in the Move Objects Cheat (bb.moveobjects), click on your item, move up with (CTRL+SHIFT+9) and down with (CTRL+SHIFT+0). I hope this is helpful! :);)

Thanks Naromeiznekcam, this works for me! :)

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a different computer but just holding hitting 9 and 0 to move objects up and down works too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CyberOpsCyberOps Posts: 59 Member
    It is weird on my pc too, when i use 9 to move an object up sometimes it works but other times it moves my camera to the other side of the lot then I have to use ctrl-9 to move the object up or down. Same thing goes for making objects smaller and larger. They should unbind these controls from the camera as it is so annoying and no I do not use sims 3 camera, i am using the default sims 4 camera mode.
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Gainja You are totally right! I thought i would have to miss out on this because i use a danish keyboard, but now it works! Thank you so much! I'm gonna post the same thing on the danish forum.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • RunawayxRunawayx Posts: 1 New Member
    what about side to side?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Runawayx wrote: »
    what about side to side?

To move an object in any direction (side to side) at the height level it is at hold the alt key when holding the object
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top