Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you like most about the patch/holiday pack?

I missed a lot today about the new patch and the holiday pack. SO this thread will also help me and other to notice some of the amazing stuff
EA put together for us in this new patch/holiday pack.

So pls, share yours, as the title says.

* For me from what I've seen till now THE FREAKING CHRISTMAS TREE!

Comments

• Options
    NeroTrippeNeroTrippe Posts: 66 Member
    Im curious, and as we get recieving more info about it i'll see if i buy it
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Favourites from the patch:
    - Ability to eat fruit raw
    - Clothes and skins look dirty now when hygiene hits the red zone
    - Announcement of camping dlc
    These 3 things fit my game perfectly (playing a homeless challenge atm)

Favourites from the holiday dlc:
    - The Christmas music?
    - I didn´t get the dlc, even though it´s free. I´m european and christmas in Willow Creek´s/Oasis Spring´s eternal summer just feels so wrong for me (Though the same could be said for looking out of the window right now... it´s raining).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    I missed a lot today about the new patch and the holiday pack. SO this thread will also help me and other to notice some of the amazing stuff
    EA put together for us in this new patch/holiday pack.

So pls, share yours, as the title says.

* For me from what I've seen till now THE FREAKING CHRISTMAS TREE!

This tells you a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuu9Q7N7L0
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    There's no Justine Keaton. :'(
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Be real nice if I could play it but sense todays patch my game will not start :(
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    There's no Justine Keaton. :'(

Don't worry her and Marty will be celebrating xmas in my game. I'll post the pics once I take them.

• Options
    Be real nice if I could play it but sense todays patch my game will not start :(

If you have any mods move the mod folder to the desktop.

• Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    The new paid time off option for careers
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    There is no snow so it is not Christmas .... need a true white carpet to cover the grass and desert or a terrain paint.

Also ... the candle thing makes focused Sims and one of the Sims is afraid of it. Or there were too many people at the house and he has the alone trait. Not sure because he is a townie. He ran out of my house screaming after I placed the candles on the table and I lit them.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I love the radio station and the tree and the .... well you get the picture , I loove Christmas and Christmassy stuff xD
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I love how you are now told someone's lifestage, so no more confusing Teens with Young Adults!
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited December 2014
    NeroTrippe wrote: »
    Im curious, and as we get recieving more info about it i'll see if i buy it
    It's free. Unless you mean the sims 4 in which case it's not.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    In my game a teen flirted and admitted a crush on someone he asked about woohoo, so I'm assuming they weren't in the same life stage. I didn't think to check it because I didn't really have time to play. I mostly loaded it to check out the holiday items which were really nice.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I was impressed with the detail of the Christmas pack, though they should made the sweaters available for all ages with the exception of the baby which is an object. The detail of the pack was better than anything in the game..would like to see "more" of this. I can't name one item as what I loved best, because I loved it all.

I also want to say this, I am impressed with the patch and it 'seems' they are listening to their customers... hope they keep that up.. And whoever actually writes the patch notes is hilarious!!! Thanks for the laugh!

And.....

Kudos to you EA/Maxis... You surprised me!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Favourites from the patch:
    - Ability to eat fruit raw
    - Clothes and skins look dirty now when hygiene hits the red zone
    - Announcement of camping dlc
    These 3 things fit my game perfectly (playing a homeless challenge atm)

Favourites from the holiday dlc:
    - The Christmas music?
    - I didn´t get the dlc, even though it´s free. I´m european and christmas in Willow Creek´s/Oasis Spring´s eternal summer just feels so wrong for me (Though the same could be said for looking out of the window right now... it´s raining).

I am happy about the fruit. I liked keeping apples in my sims inventory for a quick snack in TS3.
    I'll have my sims pick fruit now.

I was wondering about the dirty clothes and skin. My sim got out of bed with extremely low hygine.
    She looked gross, like she fell down in a pig pen or something. I was wondering how I did not notice that before and wondered if it had come with the patch. Good to know.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2014
    I like how lots that you load into are active instead of starting from scratch every time. That was not only awkward but also made it feel like there was no purpose in switching between sims and it was better to just do what you wanted to do and go home.

Oh and I guess being able to see their needs now adds to that. You can switch and take care of them and switch back now :)
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am not Jewish so I don't celebrate Hanukkah, I have learned a bit about the holiday and I like having diversity with my simmies, I have to say beyond the other obvious add ons that are great:

*cough*eat raw fruits*cough*

I LOVE the fact that you can invidually light the candles on the menorah, so that each night of Hanukkah, is you are having your simmies celebrate you can light the right amount, i think this is such a great/neat/detailed feature. The same goes for the Kinara, Kwanza Candles.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    I love the radio station and the tree and the .... well you get the picture , I loove Christmas and Christmassy stuff xD

I don't have it myself, but I have seen pictures and the holiday stuff does look cute! I love the holiday stuff too! I loved to decorate, with the Christmas lights and wreaths and such. Lots of fun!!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    rjhenn14 wrote: »
    I am not Jewish so I don't celebrate Hanukkah, I have learned a bit about the holiday and I like having diversity with my simmies, I have to say beyond the other obvious add ons that are great:

I LOVE the fact that you can invidually light the candles on the menorah, so that each night of Hanukkah, is you are having your simmies celebrate you can light the right amount, i think this is such a great/neat/detailed feature. The same goes for the Kinara, Kwanza Candles.

Oh I haven't tried those items yet, but that is cool. I will make sure some of my families celebrate those holidays. Ooh I have an interracial family that would be cool to have them celebrate both.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    rjhenn14 wrote: »

Oh I haven't tried those items yet, but that is cool. I will make sure some of my families celebrate those holidays. Ooh I have an interracial family that would be cool to have them celebrate both.

That's what mine are doing, the Landgraabs, I'm pretending Geoffrey celebrates Christmas and Nancy celebrates Hanukkah

Also I read up on it a bit more to remind myself of the candle lighting tradition and it lights in the correct order too! You are supposed to always light the middle candle EVERY night, and then the first candle, the first night and so on.. Ex, the first of the right nights there will be 2 candles lit, the middle and the side, and the second night three will be lit... And so on...
    Pretty neat they added that detail

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    NO more auto drinking the plum Orange Juice & Milk!!! LOL, silly but it irritated me since day 1 of the release. I fussed and fussed over it, spent time on ask-a-guru, sharing e-mails with two guru's and finally having to use a mod (thank you modders) to ensure better game play for me.

Also much appreciate the age display over the sims.

Now, if there were a few more tweaks given so I could give up about five more mods, all will be groovy.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    Maybe it's just me, but my favorite part isn't the new careers, new content, or paid time off. It's the goals tuning. I feel that the game has become much more playable just because of those tunings.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    There is no snow so it is not Christmas .... need a true white carpet to cover the grass and desert or a terrain paint.

Also ... the candle thing makes focused Sims and one of the Sims is afraid of it. Or there were too many people at the house and he has the alone trait. Not sure because he is a townie. He ran out of my house screaming after I placed the candles on the table and I lit them.

No snow where I live and it's still Christmas ;)
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    bludhound wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but my favorite part isn't the new careers, new content, or paid time off. It's the goals tuning. I feel that the game has become much more playable just because of those tunings.

I was more pleased with the fine tuning and fixes made, far more than the careers, which are a great bonus to have! :)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Is there an option to throw a christmas party???