Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No "ask to leave" option. God help me.

ReshkiReshki Posts: 6 New Member
The option is gone and the invited or visiting sims are not leaving naturally. It's been 4 days. they're sleeping on couches, in my beds, eating my food, kicking trash cans. It's terrible please help us.

EDIT: Other than that though love the new update. But please this is unbearable.

EDIT 2: Day 6. Couldn't take it... Not. Another. Day. I built a small room squeezed three single beds, one tiny tv, three wooden chairs surrounding the tv, a fridge, and an even smaller bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower crammed together, only one little light source. After leading them inside and locking them in, I proceeded to go upstairs and practice my guitar in peace... They are currently sleeping soundly until this situation is resolved.

http ://i.imgur.com/KLx5DzS.jpg

There is a space between "http :" to make it post. Remove that space to see the concentration camp that'll be around until I can send them home.
Post edited by Reshki on

Comments

• DetroitDawgDetroitDawg Posts: 40 Member
    LMAO Im sorry, but this post was too good. Wish I was of more help, one morbid idea would be if they bothered you to no end, go outside and call them over and once they go, build a room around them with no doors and watch them die. They wont be bothering you again.
  • ReshkiReshki Posts: 6 New Member
    Funny story actually let me update my post
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Do have any mods that affect the UI? They might not be playing nice with the game update code.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    No fraid not, I haven't even looked for mods for this game. Pure vanilla.
  • EmmySim79EmmySim79 Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2014
    Reshki, check the lot designation status in build mode, under the 'Lot Info Panel' tab. There should be a house icon with the word Residential next to it. If instead, there is a coloured square with 'name' next to it, then the game for some reason has change it to a generic community lot, and Sims in the area are using as your house as such. That is why you cannot ask them to leave.

I had this problem earlier, when pretty much all the immediate Sims in the area walked into my house and made themselves at home! I had no interaction to ask them to leave, My loner Sim nearly had a nervous breakdown 'Major Stranger Danger!' The only way I found to fix this, was to first evict my Sims, change the lot back to residential and then move them back in...hope this helps.
  • aflorescaafloresca Posts: 3 New Member
    I had this issue as well. The only solution I have found is to invite your unwanted guest on a date or to a public lot and then leave them there (don't bring them home). This needs to be fixed pronto. There is no "ask to leave" option. I don't have any mods on my game either.
  • ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2014
    As luck would have it, I wiped and reloaded the computer and reinstalled Sims 4 before getting the update. There's no chance that my old mods are at fault. The game should be pure vanilla.

I too have a house full of people. It looks like Christmas day with loads of sims wandering the house eating food, flopping on the couches and using the computer or exercise equipment. I couldn't get rid of them. Then I saved and exited to Manage Worlds, dropped my bar on the corner, then went back to the house lot again. On returning, the house was still full. Making matters worse, adding the bar created more foot traffic. Half of these complete strangers then wandered into the house and decided to make themselves at home.

When Don Lothario showed up and started flirting with the wife, things got ugly. Words were exchanged until we ended up fighting in the living room. that was still not enough to drive him out. He just went upstairs and started practising boxing on my punching bag -- preparing to hand me another beat down, I guess. (embarrassing for my fledgling athletic career). Even setting the wife after him didn't work. Being in a house with two sworn enemies didn't seem to bother him and "ask to leave" did not show up.

"Ask to leave" has been an option on a couple other sims. Before the patch, I would see it every time you interacted with a sim. Sometimes the thing would show up TWICE in one interaction. Now, I might see it once or twice a sim day. On one hand I love it that company doesn't come over and leave right away. I don't even mind them staying for days, really. But I would still like the option. So often I would make dinner for guests only to have them leave right as they are being called to meal. It seems the pendulum has swung the other way now. In fact it swung right through the side of the clock and landed somewhere down the hall - lol.
    Post edited by ledfut360 on
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    The trouble shooter in me is now getting curious about this bug. I haven't seen it myself, so if those who have seen it can answer a couple of questions, it would satisfy my curiosity greatly.
    1. Which town and lot is your house on?
    2. Are you building a house yourself or dropping one in from your library or the gallery?

Just trying to figure out some common denominators so we can provide as much information as possible to help the devs replicate the bug and track down it's source.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
    For my issue:
    1. I'm in Willowcreek. It's the streamlet single lot
    2. I dropped a house from my library but then built and added on to it.
    Okay. I did a little testing and I was able to duplicate the problem. The problem is that lots saved prior to the patch no longer have a valid lot type set. As was mentioned earlier, the way to correct the issue is to move your family out to a different lot, edit the lot through manage worlds, set the lot the type back to Residential, and then you can safely move back in. I reported this over on AnswerHQ to hopefully get it on the list of things to be looked into and corrected.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
    Thanks for your help!
    @netguysteve, I've been working on this problem all afternoon and I'm also seeing the same happening with lots saved to the library post-patch as well.
    For me, both lots were create post-patch. EmmySim79 called it. I checked the lot designation and it was not residential. Don't know how it came to be that way, but now that I know, I'm gonna have fun with it. The two created lots are gonna be worse than any frat house from Sim City University. Heading back to order some pizzas if anyone wishes to drop over - lol
  • blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Thank you for the fix! I can't wait to get those free loaders out of my sims house!
    Yes, can confirm. MAKE SURE THE LOT IS RESIDENTIAL. Download/customize your lot, then evict your family, change it to residential, move back in. I have finally.... finally kicked everyone out... it's over...
    edited December 2014
    It got worse for me before it got better though. I demolished my house and changed the lot to residential. I then pasted a downloaded house from the library. Unbeknownst to me though, doing that set the lot BACK to generic. When I was finally done after 30 min or so of touch ups I hit play, knowing everything was going to be alright. ....Not only was the "ask to leave" option still missing, but now everyone EVERYONE on my street and everyone who entered my street immediately sprinted towards my house like a scene from 28 Days Later. It was awful 20 something strangers just storming my house.

So remember: DOWNLOAD, CUSTOMIZE, FINISH, CHANGE LOT TO RESIDENTIAL/EVICT, MOVE BACK IN.

Thank you for all responses and support from all.
    edited December 2014
    Agreed Reshki.
    1: Download lot, change lot type to residential,
    2: Exit to manage household <B>(the lot has now most likely reverted back to generic)</B>
    3: Re-enter lot, change it back to residential, then customise as normal, hit household management for the last time.
    4: It should then be safe to move in you family.

Step 2 is critical because the first time you change the lot upon downloading it WON'T register.
    EmmySim79 wrote: »
    @netguysteve, I've been working on this problem all afternoon and I'm also seeing the same happening with lots saved to the library post-patch as well.

Was about to come back here and say the same thing to correct myself. :) It seems the lot type is definitely lost after exiting build mode, and not when the lot is placed, so you definitely need to exit build mode, go back in, and then set the lot type. I have put this same information in this thread over on Answer HQ to hopefully expedite the process of tracking and correcting the bug.

Yep. Both my houses were from the Gallery. I did find out one interesting thing. Like it that way and want to keep it but still wanna get rid of some people? Throw a party. For the duration of the party, ask-to-leave will be an option.
  • Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @Reshki said:
    > The option is gone and the invited or visiting sims are not leaving naturally. It's been 4 days. they're sleeping on couches, in my beds, eating my food, kicking trash cans. It's terrible please help us.
    >
    > EDIT: Other than that though love the new update. But please this is unbearable.
    >
    > EDIT 2: Day 6. Couldn't take it... Not. Another. Day. I built a small room squeezed three single beds, one tiny tv, three wooden chairs surrounding the tv, a fridge, and an even smaller bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower crammed together, only one little light source. After leading them inside and locking them in, I proceeded to go upstairs and practice my guitar in peace... They are currently sleeping soundly until this situation is resolved.
    >
    > http ://i.imgur.com/KLx5DzS.jpg
    >
    > There is a space between "http :" to make it post. Remove that space to see the concentration camp that'll be around until I can send them home.

I had to laugh, sorry. The way you positioned the chairs, it's so funny. They look like political prisoners or something.

But, yeah, I'm having the same issue. It started today. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the december 16th patch or if it is one of the houses I downloaded. It's so annoying. My neighborhoods just showed up and they won't go away nor I can't tell them to go away. Sims I invited will go away once I tell them to though.

Edit: thank you for the solution netguysteve and Emmysim79