Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2014
    Haha! After being adamant in NOT getting the Grim Ghastly Manor, it comes up on the DD for 494/1,900 sp, so i got it with NO hesitation, even though it left me with ONLY 6sp. Now, fast-forward 6+ hours, and the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings set is coming up on the DD in 3.5 hours, and i was lucky enough to get some ads that brought me back up to 98sp, but i STILL doubt that i'll be able to purchase the rest of the outfits, so i was hoping for some help. The two items are listed #1 and #2 on my WL. The only problem is that even the outfits in this set are SUPER expensive. So im really crossing my fingers on this one .. as always, any help is much appreciated!! :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tombwriter
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited December 2014
    ok in about 3 hours on DD is "Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings". I ONLY need the "Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells" to finish that set.i don't have any simpoints so if there is an angel that wants to start gifting lots of simmers,i would like to be one of those simmers whom the angel will gift.thx :Do:)<3 (*) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VioletHorse
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    ok in about 3 hours on DD is "Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings". I ONLY need the "Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells" to finish that set.i don't have any simpoints so if there is an angel that wants to start gifting lots of simmers,i would like to be one of those simmers whom the angel will gift.thx :Do:)<3 (*) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VioletHorse

@VioletHorse I may be mistaken, but I too only need Lady Ravendancer's Book of Spells - my CYS is at 78% - but based on Elianahere's calculator I believe we should get the set for free with the 59% discount when it comes up on the DD so there is no need to buy/gift this one item.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    I was sad this morning...after debating whether or not to bite the bullet and buy Homecoming with only 9% owned, at the very last second I clicked on "Buy" but it was too late, I missed it...so, it will be up again in a couple of days and I hope to have made some progress on it. I got a few ads today and was able to buy something and hopefully I get more as we get closer to Xmas but if anyone is able to help, I really appreciate anything you can spare. Thanks :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=simgeek79

• awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @VioletHorse

Remember to open the set page for Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings while it is on the DD. You should be able to buy it without any simpoints then. Your CYS price of hopefully 0 points won't show on the DD page, but it should be calculated correctly on the set page. So just click on the link under On Sale Now! when the Bundle does show up there. :)
    Hey @awellenbl - I wasn't going to stay up so late (its 2am where I am) to get the Enchanted Bundle since it is scheduled to appear next Monday at a more reasonable time but after seeing Violethorse's post I was confused and doubting myself so I stayed up to get it - which I did!! So exciting!!! :D What's even more exciting is that as I went to download it into my game via my Purchase History I found six! yes six gifts from @blacksheba1973 - oh my goodness! Thanks to the two of you, my set is now at 22% and I got two ads while on that page as well!!
    -
    Off to bed now, have to get up in four hours :sleeping: Thank you again soooooo much :heart_eyes: Have a great day / night!

• tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    @Jaden1673, you were a lifesaver!! I was able to get up to 216sp (from ads), by the time the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings set came up on the DD, between the 2 gifts that you sent me, and the hairstyle and outfit that i was able to purchase, as well as the magic cauldron that i bought 2 weeks ago on the DD, it brought the set down to only costing 15sp. Then, it became the domino-effect! I got the green 'download' button for the January 2012 Compilation, and then a green 'download' button for the Best of 2012 Compilation (which i received the Stones Throw Greenhouse, even though i had no interest in it, for free as well) ... Thank you soo much, again for helping me get one of the hardest sets on here! I cant wait to have my alchemist try out these new things!!! Bwahahaha <3:)
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Thank you to @charlotteprice for your three gifts! Because of them, and kforti's gift a couple of days ago, I was able to get the March 2011 compilation for only 185 points when it came up on the DD a little while ago! I already had the Through the Looking Glass Bathroom set (got a while ago), so the extra gifts really helped because last I looked, my price had been around 1,800 points!!

So, back to not knowing what to get next :) At the moment, anything on my list would be helpful :)

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MayaRose1138

• HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you for all the help! You guys are amazing! Anything from my wishlist would be wonderful :Dhttp://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=HopeAK
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Can someone please post a link to the DD rotation spreadsheet again, and where we are on it now? Finally repeating is NICE!
    Hi, the main thread itself is at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd/p1 - if you go to the last page or two there is usually someone who has posted the latest deal number.

The Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet itself is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit?pli=1#gid=882235701- go to the "Current Rotation" tab and press Ctrl/F to find the word 'current' it will take you directly to the current deal details.

Happy Deal Stalking! :)
  • Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    tombwriter wrote: »
    @Jaden1673, you were a lifesaver!! I was able to get up to 216sp (from ads), by the time the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings set came up on the DD, between the 2 gifts that you sent me, and the hairstyle and outfit that i was able to purchase, as well as the magic cauldron that i bought 2 weeks ago on the DD, it brought the set down to only costing 15sp. Then, it became the domino-effect! I got the green 'download' button for the January 2012 Compilation, and then a green 'download' button for the Best of 2012 Compilation (which i received the Stones Throw Greenhouse, even though i had no interest in it, for free as well) ... Thank you soo much, again for helping me get one of the hardest sets on here! I cant wait to have my alchemist try out these new things!!! Bwahahaha <3:)

IKR when I got that set (Which is one of my favorite.) it seemed like 5 or 6 sets were completed also. Glad I was able to help, you've helped me a time or two so the give back was nice.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    tombwriter wrote: »
    @charlotteprice, thank you for the gift! now i know exactly what set im going to start to work on next :)

You're welcome!
  • DarkPulse268DarkPulse268 Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2014
    Update: Huge, huge thanks to @charlotteprice ! I was browsing through the website hoping to get more ads when I noticed the four messages! Thanks again for your kindness! :'D
    Post edited by DarkPulse268 on
    These are the sets I'm working on at the moment.

Loud, Fast, Clash! Bedroom #1- #14
    January 2013 Compilation #15- #39
    September 2011 Compilation #40- #67
    Hollywood Regency Den #60- #67 (Yes this set is part of both.)
    Villa Paraíso #73- #83
    Contemporary Comfort Living #84- #89
    Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear #99- #114

Any help with them would be nice. Thank you in advance
    simgeek79 wrote: »

@VioletHorse I may be mistaken, but I too only need Lady Ravendancer's Book of Spells - my CYS is at 78% - but based on Elianahere's calculator I believe we should get the set for free with the 59% discount when it comes up on the DD so there is no need to buy/gift this one item.

the was like 1:00 am for me.i was in bed sleeping.why do they put things on DD when I am not here?? thx
  • izaapizaap Posts: 346 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    izaap wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the items!
    I now own 51% of the One With Nature-set :D
    It only cost 375sp now. Hopefully it'll show up on DD or at the sale soon, so I probably can get it for free then :D
    Unfortunately I don't think that you will see One With Nature on the DD :(

We were told that this will be the last list of deals and it has now started to repeat. It is very unlikely that any new deals will be added to it - if you're not familiar with it check out http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd/p1 for the full low-down.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the weekly Sale! page and MMAO, remembering that any discount of more than 10% on an item should give you a CYS discount on the set(s) that include it of more than you paid. :grinning:

Thank you for the advice. That will reduce the amount of time I was going to spend looking for it to show up on DD.
    I still have some items on my wishlist I really want from the set, and furthermore I'm looking forward to the upcoming weekly sale :)

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Update: Huge, huge thanks to @charlotteprice ! I was browsing through the website hoping to get more ads when I noticed the four messages! Thanks again for your kindness! :'D

You are very welcome! Glad you completed your set?

Happy Simming B)

• SimtelligentSimtelligent Posts: 42 Member
    Sweet Escape Nursery is on SALE right now so I just need a couple more items and then I should be able to finish it for free. I also only need a few items from Through the Spy Glass Bathroom and then I'll be able to complete Fortune's Folly Compilation. Thanks for any assistance! :)
    My wishlist is under Simtelligent
    I want to thank Simtelligent for gifting me the Boho Teen Lacy Top from the September 2011 Compilation/Boho Vintage Women's Collection.
    Sweet Escape Nursery is on SALE right now so I just need a couple more items and then I should be able to finish it for free. I also only need a few items from Through the Spy Glass Bathroom and then I'll be able to complete Fortune's Folly Compilation. Thanks for any assistance! :) <br />

Post a link to your Wishlist and people may hit you with a gift or two.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Sweet Escape Nursery is on SALE right now so I just need a couple more items and then I should be able to finish it for free. I also only need a few items from Through the Spy Glass Bathroom and then I'll be able to complete Fortune's Folly Compilation. Thanks for any assistance! :)
    One of the several annoying features of these forums is that 'new' members cannot post links :(

For anyone who wishes to help your CYS quest, your wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Simtelligent

Good luck! :)
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to the DD rotation spreadsheet again, and where we are on it now? Finally repeating is NICE!
    Hi, the main thread itself is at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd/p1 - if you go to the last page or two there is usually someone who has posted the latest deal number.

The Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet itself is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit?pli=1#gid=882235701- go to the "Current Rotation" tab and press Ctrl/F to find the word 'current' it will take you directly to the current deal details.

Happy Deal Stalking! :)

Thank you! Couldn't locate my bookmarks anyplace, and with it rotating now, I want to be able to spend less time stalking!

@mustangmama, thanks for the gorgeous chandelier! Love adding on the pretty items!
    Thank you @kforti for gifting me "Royal Pavilion".It is a very nice surprise.If I get any more gifts sent to me I will open them after christmas,lets hope I can wait that long XD,and I will thank you then.
    looks like an angel was thinking of testing me.i got a gift but I do not know who sent it or what it is.i really want to see who and what it is so I can thank that angel but I think I can hold myself till after Christmas.so who every gifted me,u don't have to say your name,i would like to thank you.you are an angel.hope u have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. (*)
    either the same angel or a different angel gifted me today.i sssooo want to open them,but I think I can wait.thank you whom ever gifted me today.(u don't have to say your name) (*)

• mustangmamamustangmama Posts: 312 Member
    LadyGreenEyes,
    You're always welcome!
    My alarm is set for 2 am tonight to get homecoming!! Thanks to some very generous people, my set is up to 22% owned! If anyone has any spare points to bring the price down a little bit, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=simgeek79