Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I do, too! Wouldn't that be amazing? I really like her, too. Now if only I can encourage her to stop sharing melancholy thoughts...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    Aspen is so smart hope to have some updates on my Sims soon
    Oh, I hope you have updates on your Sims, too!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I just started reading this and I can't believe how much I laughed! The hilarious absurdity of the family kills me (I mean really, living al fresco at first, and Mesquite being a loner and then having the "Friend of the World aspiration). I bookmarked this to keep on reading, I'm really liking it! I love the way you narrate and those captions under the images, they are priceless.
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    Thanks so much, HeartfulPeach! I'm really glad that you like it! I'm just getting ready to play the family tonight--currently, we're at the gen 5 kids! And wow! The eldest daughter rocks this digital world!

• RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited December 2014
    @CathyTea I can't believe you are Gen 5 already! That's like mid-life crisis in the Legacy lifespan right, lol? Are you trying to get to 10th gen? I've never gotten that far, not even with my Sims 2 game (I was doing a rotation, not a Legacy). The furthest I've gone is a 4th gen baby. Edit: I like to say I play families *horizontally* as in I play quite a few families at once, and so if you count how many birthdays weddings deaths etc that is compared to just having one family vertically climbing to 10 gens, it's probably similar, lol.
    Yes, this is the furthest I've gotten! I've got about three other active games going, plus a few plans for others, so that's keeping me playing. The game's behaving pretty well--in TS2 and TS3 my legacy games always crashed around gen 4 or 5--could not get beyond them. But this one is playing really well with only a few rare random weirdnesses! Plus, my big strategy is that I save the family to my library on the gallery each time all the kids are born, so if the legacy saves and backups crash and burn, I can always just start a new game with the same family.

And yes, my plan is to get to gen 10! I'm doing this the whole Pinstar way, except I'm not keeping score, because, you know... numbers! (Not an accountant over here! If I could keep score with words, I'd do it!)

• RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited December 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Plus, my big strategy is that I save the family to my library on the gallery each time all the kids are born, so if the legacy saves and backups crash and burn, I can always just start a new game with the same family.

That's a really really good point! I'm making lots of saves to my Gallery, too. It's so helpful and gives a peace of mind. And for lots, too. I won't lose all those hours building! :)
    Edit: and I can understand not wanting to keep score. I'm definitely more interested in the Sims themselves, not whether or not they made A or B aspiration, etc. But I can see how it would keep things challenging and refreshing. Keeping that poor Sim up all night about to pass out for that one elusive point, lol!

• HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    @CathyTea
    I'll have to catch on quickly then! But I'm taking this like I do with a cake: eat it piece by piece to enjoy it more instead of eating it all in one go. Is that sim in your avatar one of the gen 5? Because I like her, and I'm curious about her too! She looks like she is saying "What can we do but enjoy it?" or something like that :mrgreen:
    I wish you good luck on your journey to gen 10! Keep them happy!
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    Thank you, @HeartfulPeach! I'm glad you're savoring the chapters--that's the best way, and that's how I've been playing the family, savoring them! Yes, my avatar is my hero, Willow Bough--she's gen 4. She's got what has become the family smile! Which just lights up the screen, it's that wide!

• simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    And yes, my plan is to get to gen 10! I'm doing this the whole Pinstar way, except I'm not keeping score, because, you know... numbers! (Not an accountant over here! If I could keep score with words, I'd do it!)

I'm not keeping score either and I AM an Accountant! :D

It's been a week and a half in just the last few days! I'm ready for a break! So it's off to read a few legacy stories and see if any get me inspired to write, if I'm not bone tired by then I might play one of my many saves to unwind.

A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    Oh, hope you get a little chance to fill up the fun meter, @simbody872!

A new chapter about life at Cradle Rock! Chapter 42: 5 Golden Grlzzz

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I almost spit out my drink when I got to that last picture LOL. Aspen favors her dad so much. Love how you explain her aspiration. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    The one way she doesn't look like him is that she has narrow hips! Like her mom, she's got narrow hips and wide shoulders and a little pot-belly! Could it be that we've seen the last of the wide-hipped, narrow shoulder look that Kyler introduced to the gene pool in gen 2? My own body is more like Willow's, but, especially when I was younger, I wanted a tomboy body like Aspen's!

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    GREAT poem! And great update too! :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Isn't that the best poem ever? When I first read that poem, maybe back in 1991 or so, I was like, What? This is SO how it feels to be a 10 year-old girl! How did she get that? That's one of those poems that I've internalized--it's part of my DNA by now!

• UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I am finally all caught up after finding this again. Now it's bookmarked so I won't lose it.

I love Aspen so much. Her personality is similar to Rose...which is why I think I love Aspen out of all the the generations so far.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    Oh man oh man! You've done it again, CathyTea. You've warmed my heart. :) Such a sweet family, and this update captures it so well. Aspen is quite the special teen, that's for sure. She's full of wisdom. ;)
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
    Isn't Aspen amazing! I have such a huge Sim-crush on her. She's really incredible. I think I forgot to mention that she rolled Perfectionist. So she's gloomy and perfectionist. It will be so cool to see what she does with her life! She is awesome! (And last night, baby Poplar aged up, with a hat just like her grandfather PV grew up in! Tooooo cute!)

• simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Hehehe I-dub and the freakout pic! Priceless. He is handling a houseful of gals rather well even if they sometimes send him into a panic ;)
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • ImaginingMysticImaginingMystic Posts: 119 Member
    Really loving this Legacy! I've been following since we featured you on the Legacy Challenge website. Great work :)
    Christina aka ImaginingMystic

Wife of @Pinstar1161 and Community Manager at The Sims Legacy Challenge (http://simslegacychallenge.com)

Also, check out my Youtube channel (http://youtube.com/imaginingmystic) for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and Sims 4 Block Party Let's Plays!
    Thank you so much, @ImaginingMystic ! I'm delighted that you're a Goofy Love reader! I was so thrilled to have been selected as a Legacy of the Week--I took that as a good omen for the game, and the Boughs have been thriving ever since!

Do you think that you and Pinstar would be interested in mentioning on your website current the Story of the Month poll? All the stories listed are amazing, and many are legacies, with references and links to your website throughout them. For legacy game players, letting EA know how much they enjoy Sims stories is in their best interest, for storytellers and legacy players tend to want the same types of direction for future game-development. I wrote a little diatribe about that in my blog.

I think most of us whose stories have been nominated really don't care which story wins--for we're all each other's biggest fans--but we do really care that lots of Simmers get out to vote, for it lets EA know that legacy play and story play are popular among Simmers.

The poll closes sometime Friday morning, PST.

Thanks again for being a reader! It gives me a big smile on the outside, and what's even better, is that I've got a super wide smile on the inside!