Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4 sims games and still no bank or banking system?

2...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    We can already pay our bills online in the game. I think this is close enough. Now, if you're talking about having banking as a career, that would be cool, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    It would be nice to have a bank so anyone who wants to take out a loan with the associated risk could do so, and the people who don't want wouldn't have to just play it like it currently is.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    4 sims games and still no proper english

/rant
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I would just be satisfied if we had ATM machines to withdraw simoleans :P
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I would like banking in TS4.

This^
    I like having that complex financial system in place, I like having that depth of gameplay. I've always wanted a kind of cross-over game between sims and SimCity, I'd like to be able to manage the whole town/world and make decisions that affect the whole community.

And this^

• NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I have been playing the Sims long time since the launch of the first game. My favourite expansion pack has always been Open for Business in the Sims 2

What disappoints me is that still the developers have not realised the monetary importance to include it in the game. I Have written so much about it years ago. Sims games should have Banks, individual bank accounts, credit cards, ATMs, Wall Street, Investments, Loans, Stock exchanges etc. These can be fun to play with and also educational for the young.

I really hope they consider these suggestions for the The Sims 4. Aren't we players pay for the game? don't we pay using our credit cards? there are so many things they can add to the game to make it advance and be really cool than a sim dying from a laughter!!

Here are some suggestions for adding the importance of money in the game:
    1- Presence of a bank and a Stock exchange to provide all financial solutions for the sims

2- Sims to have individual bank accounts and (debit & credit) cards other than the family account

3- Sims to be able to apply for different bank loans( housing loans, personal loans, auto loans etc), and interest to be deducted from the individual account if it is a single sim loan or from family account if it is a joint loan

4- Fixed deposit where sims place money at the bank for a marginal low profit for a fixed time of period. higher the period the higher the profit.

5- Investments with different degree of risks. The higher risk investments might give higher profits or higher risk by losing big chunk of the capital or all of it.

6- Sims to be able to buy and sell stocks in the stock exchange. That itself can be a fun mini game in the game. When a Sim opens a business at some higher levels he can enlist his business in the stock exchange so that other sims can buy the stock of his business.

7- Offers in the neighbourhood to get points or free gifts from the community shops for the sims who use their credit cards! the more a sim uses his credit cards, the more points accumulated which he can exchange it for something free be it an object, dinner at restaurant, cinema ticket etc.

These are just few basic points than can add up a lot of opportunities to the game. Our real world is like a sim world. so I hope the developers open their eyes and look around and add the basic and important stuff in the sims game.

Its about time these essential things added to The Sims game

I've been saying the same things for years now. I really don't understand how such an essential part of life can be totally ignored for so long. There are so many possibilities with a "financial" EP -- although banking, IMHO, should be part of any Sims base game. Hey, banks could even give away toasters to sims who open accounts! :smiley:

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Holy mother of everything good in the world.

NO!

I'm not playing this game to recreate every inch of reality - I'm playing the game to escape it! Bank accounts for each family member maybe, but I do not want a stock market! I get confused with economics in real life - I don't want to stress out about it in a game!
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Holy mother of everything good in the world.

NO!

I'm not playing this game to recreate every inch of reality - I'm playing the game to escape it! Bank accounts for each family member maybe, but I do not want a stock market! I get confused with economics in real life - I don't want to stress out about it in a game!

Actually we have had a stock market before. I don't remember exactly how it worked, but sims could play the market and either gain or lose simoleons as a result.

After reading through posts in this thread, I do see where a complete banking/financial system could be complicated -- and boring, for some players. I think there are some good ideas, though. I think we should have more control over a household's funds when moving, merging, or splitting up, and a do think a bank offering loans could be helpful --if implemented in a simple, uncomplicated way. I don't see that insurance would be too complicated, either, but with Sims 4, I don't see any reason to include it, either. We don't have cars, so no need for car insurance. We don't have burglars, so no need for homeowner's insurance. Well...we do have fires, and sims do receive insurance payements to replace items, so that's probably all we really need for insurance.

Overall, I still think there are possibilities there, but I can see where it could get tedious and tiresome. Too much reality isn't the best thing. It's been interesting to read all the comments. It's allowed me to see the idea from many different perspectives.

• br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I like this idea because sometimes I want to give "pocket money" to a sim but another sim goes and spends it on food or something.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    No thanks ... theres 'gameplay realism' and then theres way too realistic
    I play my Sims games to get away from money trouble , if they added all that it'd kill the game for me
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    No thanks ... theres 'gameplay realism' and then theres way too realistic
    I play my Sims games to get away from money trouble , if they added all that it'd kill the game for me

I respect that some players feel this way. However, if players don't want to take a loan, then they don't have to take one out. Just ignore that feature of the game. Likewise, if players don't want to worry about money, just enter a money cheat. I feel like it is unfair to NOT have a feature just because some players won't like it. What about those who WOULD like it?

For so long in TS3 we would see players complaining in the forums that the game is too easy, that it is too easy to make money. So much so that I personally feel like ALL my sims become rich in a matter of days. I don't want all rich sims. I want a few rich sims. The rest I want to struggle, or just be getting along.

I do understand that some players may have real-life money trouble, and they don't want that care in the game. As I said before, the money cheat is there if you need it. I'd like to add that I am in a very tight real-life financial situation too, and I WOULD like my sims to reflect what I feel is real life. Lots of aspects of real life. For some of my sims, not having money is part of their character, that is their challenge in their life. Other sims may have a lot of money, but may not be happy for other reasons.

Finally, I would like to point out the benefit of loans. Say... you just moved a sim into a small home, but didn't have enough money for the kitchen. You plan to make money by painting, but you can't afford a canvas. You could have your sim apply for a small loan to finish the furnishing and buy a few canvasses (by the way... I love that we have to pay for the canvas now). That loan allows your sim to get on their feet, gives them a fighting chance. You then have time to increase your painting skill, and over time your sim can pay back the loan. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We can already pay our bills online in the game. I think this is close enough. Now, if you're talking about having banking as a career, that would be cool, too.

I think you can also pay them using your phone :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member

1- Presence of a bank and a Stock exchange to provide all financial solutions for the sims

2- Sims to have individual bank accounts and (debit & credit) cards other than the family account

3- Sims to be able to apply for different bank loans( housing loans, personal loans, auto loans etc), and interest to be deducted from the individual account if it is a single sim loan or from family account if it is a joint loan

4- Fixed deposit where sims place money at the bank for a marginal low profit for a fixed time of period. higher the period the higher the profit.

5- Investments with different degree of risks. The higher risk investments might give higher profits or higher risk by losing big chunk of the capital or all of it.

I fully agree with all of these ideas. I have wanted the ability to borrow and invest for ages, and I think these are all features that should be in the game, but they should be optional things that the player can choose to do if they wish, but will not affect game play in any way for those who do not.

I like the credit card idea, as long as it has a small-ish limit on it, say to help pay the bills and such. Other wise it would be too easy to overspend and rack up too much debt!
    The only thing I don't really like is the stock exchange idea. In theory, this is actually awesome. It would be a great alternative way for Sims to earn (or lose) money and could be quite interesting. However, I don't see it happening at all, it's a little too complicated for a Sims game. They would have to super-simplify it for it to work and for most players to understand it.

Also, it's about time we got a Banking/Finance or Accounting career!!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    I always wanted my sims to have individual accounts. That way a teen with a part job could set aside money for moving out. Or parents could save up for a vacation etc. Also wanted a bank loan feature. Interest could be high just to keep the game challenge of not getting it all from the day you move out.

It would also be fun with some sort of risky investments, like buying stocks or at least participating in a lottery. I created my own hood lottery and moneytransfer system back in TS2, but have paid less attention to my sims' cash account lately. Instead I give each sim a number to indicate "financial status" and give them pretty free access to money within their "level". They need to marry rich to climb, LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sabreroxy13Sabreroxy13 Posts: 19 New Member
    I don't think a bank would be the best add-on but individual accounts would be nice. When teens are working as babysitters or a barista, it would be great for them to have their own bank account. What for? So they can go to the mall and buy things or for the bar (which I am still fathomed that my teen Sims can order drinks at the bar/nightclub). I also wish that these jobs for the teens were available for adults like in past Sims games. Do all the adult Sims need a career type job? Can't they be a nanny/housekeeper, barista etc too?

I do agree that it would be great to have a mortgage system where the Sims could still pay full price for the house up front as we do now or they could submit payments like the Apartment life expansion. Most of the time my Sims only start with a small amount of money and I have to move them into an empty lot, use the motherlode cheat to increase their balance and then move them again into a built home. It would be great for the Sim family to purchase any home they would like and pay a mortgage or something similar like with the bill pay system. They could set it up like how the bills are in the Sims 4 where if you don't pay in X hours per Sim week, you'll lose your lights etc.

Open for Business was my favorite expansion of all time and I've owned all of them at one point or another. I loved that the Sims could either start a business on their own lot, like a florist shop, or have a lot in town for their shop/restaurant. I even once built a mall where the full Sim family of 8 ran every shop in the mall to include the restaurant. I also loved having a grocery shop as well. I miss the little shops like that in town where a Sim could buy a dozen roses from the florist, a nice cake or cupcakes from the bakery and swing by to pick up groceries from the grocery store. I spent so much more time playing that expansion then anything else. I am very hopeful for a similar expansion for the Sims 4.
  • simsupermomsimsupermom Posts: 19 New Member
    I think a bank makes since. I used a couple of mods in the past in order to get a loan for a sim or to have a rich sim write a check to a poor sim. It's just a missing part of relationship interaction that one can't lend or give funds to another. Like I have parents who are very wealthy and my game born sims should be able to get a little money from a parent. It is necessary obviously or we would not be using these sort of mods so often and or be "pretending" in order to make a way for sims who need some help to get it. I have used mother lode but it takes away from my game play since I like when sims earn a life. However, right now my sims lights are off. She works! I'd like to have a bank to get a loan from on the computer or have her dad write a check. Just putting my 2 cents in.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't understand why a bank would even be needed in Sims.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I don't understand why a bank would even be needed in Sims.

Create a need for the sims and there will be a reason why something would exist. This is applicable on everything.
    a bank, stock exchange these could all be part of an OFB remake. a deeper and more complex game.
    A bank can be for doing investments, getting loans, opening an individual account.

You have unrelated sims living on the same lot. They are totally strangers and sharing the money? how can that be possible logically. It is hard to know who is contributing what and how much. When the time comes and I want to separate them I cannot even know who earned how much. This might not be very applicable on families.

A stock market will add security and insecurity for the sims. Sims investing in stock markets might make big money or lose big money. This can open up more emotional states, moodlets, traits in the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    I've built mine, although it probably won't function like a real bank. I put mine under Generic category of lots. Just like the laundromat in Windenburg called The Clean Regime. <Chuckles> My bank's name is Bank of Sim Nation, after real life counterpart Bank of America.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited April 2019
    Would be interesting if sims had 2 separate money bars, the top one for the household, the bottom one for the sim.
    tumblr_ppqmyv88d81rs9l6ao1_640.jpg

The top one would calculate all of each sim separate money, while the bottom one would be what each sim made at work/selling stuff. Then if we got in Build & Buy and wanted to fulfill a wish buying something a particular sim on the household wants, we would have to mark that little circle in the sims personal money bar to use from its money, but if we wanted to buy something of common use, then we would have to mark the household money bar.

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top