Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY PUH-LEASEEEEEE MAKE A HEIGHT SLIDER!

JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
edited November 2014 in General Mods Discussion
idec if the animations don't look smooth, it would add so much more realism to the game, for me anyways, so if there's any modders out there that are willing to have a go at making one that'd be awesome... or awesim! ;)
10qdhxj.png
Post edited by JACK14 on

Comments

• Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Not gonna happen. I'm sure someone here can explain to you why. The amount of animations they would have to make, or something like that.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I'm sure someone will make some eventually. Just check modthesims every so often. They had one for TS3 so there will definitley be one for TS4. These things take time.
    And I doubt EA will ever make height sliders. Their teens are the same size as adults and they forgot to put toddlers in...
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    There was a height mod for ts3? Wow, didn't even know that.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    oh puhleease
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Other people have spoke about this. I imagine it would be a very big challenge to do something like this and I don't know if the average modder is anywhere near skilled enough yet. It usually takes a while for them to get used to working with a new game. I think the gurus said height adjustment would have been very hard to program so I don't have much hope. It would be awesome though.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    There was a height mod for ts3? Wow, didn't even know that.

It worked pretty well if you didn't over use the slider. But if you did then the animations began to look really awkward...
  • Options
    JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    I just miss it so much, it makes it that little bit more real for me, this is my sims 3 family, notice how the mum is shorter than the dad and the teen guy's shorter than his older sister, I just think it looks cooler! :)

tumblr_nfpl4oXitT1t01jnho1_1280.jpg
    10qdhxj.png
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I wish it were possible but I'm sure one of the gurus said it would be a massive job to include that in the game as it's quite complex. So sadly it won't happen - unless someone mod's it.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ScarlettFireflyScarlettFirefly Posts: 74 Member
    Why didn't they include height differences in TS4? The sims were meant to be more realistic, and we were meant to have more options, so why didn't they have a height option?
  • Options
    doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    this would be amazing, but I do agree it would either impossible or next to impossible.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I wish there were height sliders for all ages, not all "adults" are taller than teens, some grandparents are shorter than their kids and grand-kids, etc. Maybe not a height slider but a thing we can click to choose from some predetermined heights or something... might be easier to animate for if there were set heights to choose from.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    JACK14 wrote: »
    I just miss it so much, it makes it that little bit more real for me, this is my sims 3 family, notice how the mum is shorter than the dad and the teen guy's shorter than his older sister, I just think it looks cooler! :)

tumblr_nfpl4oXitT1t01jnho1_1280.jpg

What a nice looking Sims 3 family :)

• Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Why didn't they include height differences in TS4? The sims were meant to be more realistic, and we were meant to have more options, so why didn't they have a height option?
    Same reason there was no pool, toodlers, and so on.
    Lack of time.

I hope they at least make it possible to chose between differents height.