Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story of the Month Club - ROUND TWO

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
Hey Storytellers

Round One closed on Friday. You can read the set up over here.

Time for Round Two, the open voting. [Apologies for the ugliness of the poll, but couldn't get the links to embed.]

Open date: Today, December 9th, 2014
Closing date: Friday, December 19th, 2014 (probably during the morning)
How to vote: Standard polling technique, click the one you like the best.
Results: The story with the most Votes will be declared the winner.
Next Steps: We will approach the author and ask them to write a blog summarizing their story and we will then publish it on the official TheSims.com website.

Start voting!
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg

Story of the Month Club - ROUND TWO 135 votes

Gather Ye Rosebuds - http://rosebudsims.blogspot.com/
15% 21 votes
Wolff Legacy - http://whattheplum.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/meet-our-founder-anemone-wolff/
15% 21 votes
Le Dynastie d’Angers: A Challenged Legacy Challenge - https://casusbella2.wordpress.com/
7% 10 votes
Robinson Family - http://www.robinsonfamts4.com/
18% 25 votes
The Skinner Saga - http://theskinnerfamilylegacy.wordpress.com/
8% 11 votes
Uncertainty Principle - https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/sims-stories/uncertainty-principle/
7% 10 votes
The Goofy Legacy Challenge - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/table-of-contents-the-goofy-love-legacy/
19% 26 votes
The Trollsim Prettacy (It Ain't Easy Being Green) - http://trollsimlegacy.blogspot.com/
8% 11 votes

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Thanks SimGuruBChick! Is there a way to hide the results before voting? Checking out the results before voting could influence one's decision on the polls.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    The results are hidden before voting unless you click "show results" first, otherwise you shouldn't see them until after you've voted. (That's how it was for me, anyhow.)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    The results were hidden for me too. Until I voted that is. :wink:
    So exciting I can't wait to see who wins.
    Good luck to everyone :smiley:
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Gah....So had to pick just one. Decisions, decisions.... By the way, this is such a wonderful idea, SimGuruBChick :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    And, I'm guessing that each writer whose work is included on the list is a huge and solid fan of every other story on the list, plus many, many more not on the list, which makes it even harder! Maybe it should be a rotational feature through the coming months, so that many of these great stories and the many other great reads out there can get a chance to shine!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Congrats to everyone! <3
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I love this idea! Well done to everyone involved, your stories are fab! It was so hard to choose just one. I think you're all stars (*)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    WOW, out of all the great stories I'm surprised to see my own up there! :D Thanks everyone that voted for my story in the in the first round.

It certainly was hard to pick just one out of all of these, as I follow all of them! Congrats to all of the wonderful story tellers on the list and good luck!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • evetfootwearevetfootwear Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2014
    Well done to everyone selected, having read almost all of your stories it's easy to see why. :)

A really tough one to choose!
    Follow The Stamper Legacy at: http://cinnamonwinter.wordpress.com/
    And check out my creations in the gallery under the origin ID: evetfootwear
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited December 2014
    The results are hidden before voting unless you click "show results" first, otherwise you shouldn't see them until after you've voted. (That's how it was for me, anyhow.)
    I was all in agreement with nastyjman and then I see FloorRaisin's comment and I'm, like, 'oh yeah." Jeez...oh, lol.

But seriously, this whole Stories and Legacy Forum wins with this stunt of SimGuruBChick. I had my own little reading list that's grown like crazy since she started this. If we take her (I'm assuming) up on this, she can rationalize doing it more often, and we can use it to help encourage each other!

malonono!
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Thanks for the nom guys!
    I'm so excited to be considered along with so many other talented Simmers.
    I'm home screaming and singing!

Now, back to catching up on everyone's blogs.
    The holiday and the Festival pushed me back, but I'm getting up to date with everyone and even being a lot more social!
    Thanks again!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    So many great stories. The hardest decision I've had to make today. Congrats to everyone on the list.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    All of you guys are AWESOME because it's just so hard imho to tell stories (for me anyway). It's rare for me to find one I like and stick with it but it's happened! Squeeeeeee... I've made my vote. :D

Best of luck to everyone! :p
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • uxia1100uxia1100 Posts: 44 New Member
    :)
  • PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    Best of luck everyone! <3 So many awesome stories!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi guys! Those are wonderfull stories all of them, congrats and thankyou for sharing!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Congrats to all the nominees! You are ALL winners in my book!
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks, I'm not seeing a ton of votes yet. Can you spread the word about the poll and encourage more people to come read the stories and vote?
    Thanks.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Hey folks, I'm not seeing a ton of votes yet. Can you spread the word about the poll and encourage more people to come read the stories and vote?
    Thanks.

@SimGuruBChick, I will post an announcement in the Sims 4 Storyteller Group thread, and then I can also ask readers of that thread to come vote and spread the word around.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    ...I'm not seeing a ton of votes ...
    Thanks for doing this but, yeah, I imagine it'll be hard to justify doing it again if isn't used much. I don't know if your handlers would let you link to it from the General Discussion Board. I put a link to a chapter out there once and it drew at least a couple other sets a eyeballs before housekeeping moved the link off the GD board. (And they took the trouble to move it instead a just spiking it, which I thought was very considerate of them).

But even if it just ends up being "The Story of A Month Club," we really appreciate your idea and effort. It's already spawned a bunch a new connections among us within the storyteller/legacy forum, and ideas flying every which way. Thanks again!

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I out the word out on the Build-N-Share thread, which I also participate in. Hopefully that will draw in a few more votes.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    I have put up a sticky in the GD forum and I know @rosemow has been posting about it too in her threads so hopefully we will see more people coming in to read the stories and vote.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    @SimGuruBChick Is this going to be a monthly event?
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
    If we see enough response and interest then it's more likely to be every two months. I really love the story telling here and want to share it with a broader audience but it's also a huge time suck putting this together :D
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    @SimGuruBChick, wow, sorry to hear it's kind of a time sink or something like that? I'm not sure if I understood that correctly, but thanks for doing this! This community is so full of amazing storytellers and creators, builders, etc, but I think this is the first time that there was any type of community spotlight on the storytelling side of the Sims. So really, I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this! I was confused about some aspects, but the fact that you are helping show others the fun we're having with the Sims 4 is super, and I just hope this can be an ongoing thing because it's really fun. Thank you so much for all of this! <3
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top