Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCB Build Showcase - 3 new builds on pg. 7

Comments

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @misscbong - I'm stealing your kitchen! LOVE IT!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!! I have been enjoying trying my hand at some more modern builds...it's been a really fun challenge, and I have been enjoying it. It's different when trying to make a series of homes similar, trying to keep the same style of windows, doors, etc., so they all sort of match an overlying theme.

I'm just finishing up a VERY different build, a larger Victorian build for the Build-n-share #4 challenge. Should have it up and posted soon!
    Updated!

Well, I was able to finish my build for a Build-n-Share challenge, but wasn't able to officially submit it....I went into labour!
    Finally have some time to update my gallery with the High Victorian House build, but may be a long while until I get time to build anything else :wink:

High Victorian House:

This is a 2 bedroom home with three bathrooms. A stately house built on a 20x30 lot, it boasts period decor and architecture. Two master suites with attached bathrooms, stately period-themed rooms, and tons of character!

Because it was to be submitted for the challenge, I have an entire slidehosw of images, below, but will just showcase a few in this thread
    Slideshow!

10-24-14_7-42nbspPM-2.png

10-24-14_7-54nbspPM-3.png

10-24-14_7-55nbspPM-2.png

10-24-14_7-43nbspPM-2.png

10-24-14_7-43nbspPM.png

10-24-14_7-44nbspPM.png

10-24-14_7-53nbspPM-3.png

10-24-14_7-45nbspPM-5.png

10-24-14_7-46nbspPM.png

10-24-14_7-47nbspPM-5.png

10-24-14_7-56nbspPM-3.png

10-24-14_7-48nbspPM-5.png

10-24-14_7-49nbspPM-4.png

10-24-14_7-51nbspPM-7.png

10-24-14_7-50nbspPM-6.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Congratulations on the birth of your new little child! :) It is lovely news to hear. It is such a very special time for you and your family!
    High Victorian House is very nice! The exterior design of the house is very nice! It loooks very nice how you have used the roof trimming and the spandrels in the build. The roof tower and roofing looks very nice! The wraparound porch is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and plants on the edges of the home. Very nice balcony areas! Very nice lauout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice armchairs sitting alcove nook area in the entrance area of the home. The wall paneling there looks nice. It looks nice how you used arches as entrances to rooms through the home and placed curtains on them. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there facing each other and have armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting in front of the fire having a chat. They will enjoy listening to the grand piano being played. The pictures that you have placed on the walls are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The dining room is very nice! The red and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the fireplace! The flowers look nice on the fireplsce ledge for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining there. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets in the room, and nice side wall curved counter eat in nook area. The tea set on the counter and the fruit picture and pans on the wall are nice kitchen touches there. Very nice sunroom, for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows. The flowers and plants look nice there and are a nice setting for sitting and having a chat. The study room is nice. Sims will have fun playing chess at the table there, or enjoy reading a book from the bookcase. Great study desk area for sims to use a computer at the table. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The wall paneling in the bedroooms is nice. It looks nice how you have placed and curtained the bedhead windows in the green coloured bedroom. The photos and plants look nice on the shelves there. The cabinets look nice how you have placed them either sides of the table in the brownish coloured bedroom. Very nice furnishing of the upper landing area. Nice window art alcove for sims to enjoy painting on the easel.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wow! Your builds are very gorgeous @misscbong. :D
    Your creativity and concept are very unique. I gonna love them. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • AODDYAODDY Posts: 42 Member
    oh wow! The Victorian build is awesome! I must check it out in game!
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Gorgeous builds you have here, very unique! Especially the Victorian.
    I am usually not a big fan of those but this is just so pretty :) Gotta have it!
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Such a wonderful showcase of beautiful builds! I especially like Sage Cottage, everything about it from the exterior and landscaping to the cozy interior! The Victorian is charming and full of character, very elegant. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Awesome build! I really like the enclosed porch seating area..like a conservatory!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    What a shame you were unable to enter this, missc, because it's stunning! Saw it in the Gallery and really liked it. If it's your last build for a while, it's definitely a good note to sign off on! Congratulations on your little one! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That is a stunning victorian! I am loving the architecture! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery! Well done! <3<3
    @rosemow - Thank you again for your comments! And your congrats...it's been busy around here, but I'm happy to have some free time to come online and play some Sims!

@RyeCris16 - Thank you! I'm glad you found my gallery and are enjoying my builds!

@AODDY - Thanks! I hope you enjoy it in game as well. The pictures don't show enough of the little details, that I hope you will find and enjoy

@Manssom - Wow, thank you for the compliment! I don't generally build Victorian homes, but it was such a fun challenge!

@Chris2fer03 - Thanks for stopping by! Sage Cottage was one of my first builds with Sims 4, so I'm glad you like it!

@Ash072 - That's it exactly! I was trying to make it feel like a conservatory!
    @BryonyRae - Awe, thanks! I wish I had been able to submit it, I spent sooooo many hours on it. But, of course, something more important came up :)

@yanti68 - Thanks so much!!!! It was such a fun house to build!
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    You have beautiful builds!! I love your sense of design and style!! It's a shame about your High Victorian House about not being able to submit it... it's absolutely stunning! However congratulations on the new little one!! <3
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Your homes are stunning! They are warm and inviting-wonderful job!
    @Tiki5872 - I'm happy to hear you like my builds! I wish I could have been able to submit the Victorian build, but either way, it was fun building it!

@Mandylcd - So nice of you to say! Thanks for coming on by my gallery and having a look :)
    Really? I didn't even know it had been favourited!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis favourite! Very well deserved! Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year! :D
    @yanti68 - Thank you so much!!! I was quite surprised, and would never have known had @rosemow not said something. I always assumed Maxis would notify the builder, but I guess not!
    edited January 2015
    I have decided to completely tear down and rebuild Willow Creek. I want to try and make a neighborhood with a Hamptons-esque feel to it, so I will be uploading all of those builds to this thread while I make my way along all of the neighborhoods and community area. This is a BIG undertaking, as I never make community lots, but I think the feel would work well in Willow Creek.

So, that being said, the first build is:

Bluestream Cottage
    #MCB #Starter #Hamptons

This starter home is only $16,084 and meant for a 20x15 lot. It is an adorable little house with space for a Sim to grow their family, and room on the second floor to expand. It has a large master bedroom and cozy bathroom, a fireplace in the living area and an open concept feel. It's filled with charm and character hardwood floors, with lots of windows letting in light and beautiful views. Enjoy watching the river out on the open air back patio!

01-25-15_10-00nbspAM.png

01-25-15_9-59nbspAM.png

01-25-15_10-02nbspAM-2.png

01-25-15_10-02nbspAM-3.png

01-25-15_10-02nbspAM.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM-2.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM-3.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM-3.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM-5.png

01-25-15_10-03nbspAM-6.png

01-25-15_10-04nbspAM.png
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Beautiful starter!! Love the colors and the interior design!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you are making over Willow Creek. :) I hope that you enjoy rebuilding the homes and community lots.
    Blue Stream Cottage is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The covered over front porchway is nice, and the blue colour shade of the exterior looks nice. The white flowers in the front corner nooks are nice for sims to see when coming to the front door. Nice fireplace living room area. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seating there having a chat and a read of a book in front of the fire. It looks nice how you have the chairs and placed them either sides of the fireplace. The floor rug adds a nice look to the area, and the enlarged pears pictures look great on the wall either side of the bookcase. Nice corner window eating nook for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in whilst dining. The wall texture in the kitchen is nice. Sims will enjoy looking out though the kitchen window at the views whilst cooking meals. The wall tiling in the bathroom is nice. Nice back patio for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine on the seat benches.
    It is a very nice starter :)
  • chocolates2009chocolates2009 Posts: 1,255 Member
    This starter looks really good! great job!