Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    LOL!!! Okay, thanks!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 7
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Wu Hoo Modern Home
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare7?sort=6
    SIM: Jesus Wu
    Link to entry SIM:http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare7/Jesus Wu?sort=2

Price: $72,817

CC: Shabby Chic, Lemingstone bathroom, Gab Contemporary Living Room, Kitchen alobi, nature painting set, photomural town, new york city wood wall, leather jacket, Stealthic obscura (male hair) Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/

Entry details: Although modern on the outside, Jesus' decor taste is very eclectic using modern, industrial, natural, shabby chic, craftsman, and traditional styles--all with a male touch. As you enter, you'll find a bar for entertaining, office, open kitchen and living room plus a full bathroom. There's a carport as well as a nice pool for lounging. Upstairs is a fitness area, master bedroom and bathroom, guest room and outdoor patio.

v7t8hd.jpg

Sim details: Jesus Wu is a formidable detective with many friends and informants. With his skills, he finally finds out who robbed the Sim of America Bank--you guessed it--Mara Sloane and her goons! Jesus was awarded detective of the year for this major accomplishment, but being a naturally humble guy, he skipped the ceremony and played many rounds of Blicblock to ease his nerves. Besides being a bodybuilder and a bro, Jesus is very ambitious and a romantic at heart.

11b0jh3.png
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Hi! My friend bought me the Sims 4 for my birthday, and I was wondering... I already put in a submission for this challenge in Sims 3. Am I able to do this challenge for Sims 4 or do I need to wait for the next one?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Hi! My friend bought me the Sims 4 for my birthday, and I was wondering... I already put in a submission for this challenge in Sims 3. Am I able to do this challenge for Sims 4 or do I need to wait for the next one?
    You lucky thing you! You can always enter the current challenge for TS4, you can find the thread here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION #6 ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION #6 EXPERT ENTRANTS

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    iampes23 wrote: »
    You lucky thing you! You can always enter the current challenge for TS4, you can find the thread here.

Okay, getting my pics in order and will post soon. Thanks!!

edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Starting Out

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/sims 4 7
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern style home with eclectic decor inside. This house features minimal landscaping since Mr. Wu travels often for his work. It has many windows for views of anyone approaching the home. The first floor has a basic home gym, a guest bedroom, a full bath, and a 2-story office with a small waiting area in the hallway. The second floor is devoted to Mr. Wu's bedroom, dressing room, and bath. It also features a small balcony for meditation and watching neighbors. The third floor is devoted to living and features an open floor plan for the kitchen and family areas as well as a half bath and another small balcony. In the backyard, a small "hot tub" allows Mr. Wu a place to relax by himself or with friends!

Final cost $74,993

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/Sims 4 Wu
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. Jesus Wu wants to be a secret agent, but for now he is a private detective for hire. He is also a body builder. He is self-assured, a Bro, and active. He is also lucky enough to have a high metabolism to burn off all the calories! He is so confident, he finds himself in denial any time a woman turns him down. But he also comes from a wealthy background, so he has the finest life can offer. He modeled in his younger years.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all cc can be found either at http://www.thesimsresource.com/ or http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4

*I may figure this out on my own, but it never hurts to ask. :D The first time I played Sims 4, I did see the options for different sized walls, but it has gone away. Anyone have any idea what I might have done to make it disappear or how I can get them back?

**This was a bit of a rush job, and obviously I need more practice taking pictures with my new game. Thanks for being patient!
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Datkid
    ORIGIN ID: JUMANJIKID
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Cozy Base
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/ecCuV
    ENTRY DETAILS: Priced at $74,957

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

RtwdArE.png
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    edited December 2014
    Hi Guys, logistics are conspiring against me again, so here's challenge #8 for your delectation. Don't worry though, challenge #7 is still open until midnight CMT for those last minute entries :)

Challenge #8 - A Very Merry Christmas

You sit at your desk looking at your holiday to do list, when Rose pokes her head in the door. Perplexed she says, "Your four o'clock is here." "Send them on in", you reply. She hands you a packet that smells faintly of vanilla and spices. Rose states,"This was dropped off about an hour ago with a note saying it was your four o'clock appointment!"
    You open the packet with some apprehension to find a letter written on beautiful stationary and another piece of paper. You read that letter without uttering a single word. Rose jumps up to read the letter over your shoulder. This is what you both see and read.
    Dear Esteemed Builder,
    The Sunset Valley Homeless Shelter has found homes for all of it's residences this holiday season but one family, the Lines Family. They have just had to relocate to Oasis Springs after the loss of Mrs Lines, she seemed to decide that after 14 years, family life just wasn’t for her. Don’t worry, she’s on our naughty list! We have a property suited to the family but we would like you to ‘flip’ it to suit Mr. Lines and his three sons. Please find enclose all the specific details to help facilitate a new home for this family. We look forward to seeing what you develop for this specific request.
    Happiest Holiday Wishes,
    Mr. and Mrs. S.C.
    You quickly grab the other piece of paper and quickly scan over the requirements. The job was very feasible and it would be nice to do something so meaningful this time of year. Rose asks with a sniff,"Are we doing this job?" You reply, "Yes, we definitely are!" Rose sniffs even harder as she heads for the door and states," I will start the paperwork!"

The Challenge
    Build Mr. Arthur Lines and his three sons a new home for the holidays.
    Budget: $70,000 total for the lot (The total cost of the lot in game is currently just under $65,000)

700x-1%3E

You May Not:
    Alter any external walls
    Move any external windows or doors (you can replace them with windows and doors (of the same size) of your choice)
    Use any Custom Content for this challenge

You May:
    Redesign the interior layout of the house to your design
    Furnish however you please

Must Contain:
    Three bedrooms and two bathrooms
    A study/den with computer
    A well equipped kitchen
    Living/dining/kitchen
    An outdoor area for both adults and children
    All new landscaping
    An Overhead Plan of the finished build with Grid Lines turned on

Room Challenge
    We would like to see a great room or living room from you for this challenge, one that the whole family can spend time in together. Your budget for the room is $15,000.

Sim Challenge
    Create the Lines family and show them enjoying their new surroundings:
    You do not get any specific traits or aspirations this time around we want to see what you can come up with for this lovely family.

Mr. Arthur Lines is an adult who loves to garden and his favourite color is green.
    His eldest son is a teenager, Reginald, who loves to write and his favourite color is pink.
    The middle son is a child named Oscar. He loves to paint and his favourite color is yellow.
    The youngest is Harold, a baby, who loves the color grey.

Hashtags used for this challenge
    #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare8

The Deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, 24th December, Midnight CMT.

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Ooh, I like challenge 8. I might give this a try! Question, if we complete the primary challenge as well as the room challenge, does the room have to be in the final build? Sorry if that's a weird question lol.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
    Ooh, I like challenge 8. I might give this a try! Question, if we complete the primary challenge as well as the room challenge, does the room have to be in the final build? Sorry if that's a weird question lol.
    @SimChelle1982 - Not a weird question at all! You can enter the room challenge separately, it does not have to be in your final build. The only thing we ask is that you make it available for download ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Perfect, thank you! :)
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
    You are more than welcome x
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    You May Not:
    Alter any external walls

Does this include changing the paint/siding? Or does it just mean we can't move/build new exterior walls?
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    So you want the grid lines turned ON? You've been telling me to turn them off--so I'm confused. :smile:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2014
    Congrats to all the winners for previous rounds recently announced! I'm loving all the entries for the current round so far too. I've been busy offline with Thanksgiving/Vacation/Hunting season stuff, so haven't had time to do much in my game. However, I did manage to build a little lot from house plans, something I've never done before. Turned out pretty good I think.

Anyway, I am loving the sounds of this newest challenge, seems very doable, and am going to try my darnedest to sneak in a build for it along with my preparations for Christmas. Good luck everyone, have a great rest of your week! :)
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: simhead70

ORIGIN ID: simhead70
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: PottersSplay BuildnShare7

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Build and Share 7?sort=6

12-10-14_10-03nbspPM-3_zps1f7939f3.png

ENTRY DETAILS:30x20 lot , built on Potter's Splay 2 bedroom and 2 bath, Home Gym and Office. $74,328

SIM: Jesus Wu

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Build and Share 7/Mr Wu?sort=6

Untitled_zpsf8a8d62a.jpg

ENTRY DETAILS: Bodybuilder/High Metabolism. Bro, Neat, and Perfectionist.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

Sorry for the editing I was having the same problem as last time, had to copy and paste from notebook and it changed some lettering and numbers for the links.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Yes I think this challenge is a good one for this time of year. I'm sure lots of us are pretty busy around the holidays. By the way, I love all the entries I've seen for challenge 7. So much diversity in just the exteriors this time. Great job every one.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Ooh, I love working with existing builds. Sure gonna enter this one. I had been really busy with real life so I could not enter the previous two, but my holiday is starting at the right time for this one! First finishing off my other new build I have been working on for some time now. Expect some splashing fun, though it can be frozen this time of year.
    You May Not:
    Alter any external walls

Does this include changing the paint/siding? Or does it just mean we can't move/build new exterior walls?
    You can change the siding, you just can't add move/build new exterior walls.

So you want the grid lines turned ON? You've been telling me to turn them off--so I'm confused. :smile:
    Sorry to confuse you, all we want is one overhead shot of the whole plan with gridlines on, this is just to check that no changes that aren't allowed have been made. The rest of your shots should be without gridlines ;) Hope that clarifies things ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2014
    can i move/delete/add fencing on the outside?

edit: one more question. When changing windows, am i allowed to change a two-square window to two single-square windows next to each other? or does it need to be changed to another two-square window?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2014
    Can we put a new roof/trim of our own design/color on the house and also put a foundation underneath it if we wish?
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Can we put a new roof/trim of our own design/color on the house and also put a foundation underneath it if we wish?

I think the trim would be no problem, but the foundation is. The point of this challenge is to use the house as it is and refurbish it, like you can do in real life. So only non-structural changes are allowed?
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Love this challenge! Can't wait to get started.
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top