July 1st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
The Sims 4: High School Years EP launches July 28th! Click here to find out more!

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

  • EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 298 Member
    Yeah.
    Especially now I've looked around custom content, and have a vague idea of how careers are added, seems a long time.
    Even considering the testing and all.
  • Chika6t9Chika6t9 Posts: 94 Member
    Does anyone have any recent news on how this week is looking, in terms of a patch?
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited December 2014
    The 16th seems to be the most promising lead.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Ok people, I am so sick of several misconceptions.

    1. I was the one that tipped both SimsCommunity and SimsVIP regarding the Amazon information BECAUSE I found it on the sites, hell, SimsVip joked that she applauded me for using these forums since they are so toxic. Which, I do admit is bit in need of proper maintenance.

    2. Remember, that after all is said and done, Maxis is a BUSINESS and a COMPANY, not a Holy Grail, they have budget, they have limits to what they can do.

    3. Reason why Maxis is quiet about release date, because as SimGuruChick said, they test the game up until few days before the launch (including patches), she mentioned that if there is a game-breaking bug, and it is isn't as a easy to fix, then they have no other choice but to delay it, while they do their best to avoid these, they just happen, the game is NOT as bugged as it could've been.

    Use bit of logic and think of "what makes sense".

    To me as much as I hate having to wait another week, It makes sense since it is closer to Christmas which is closer to.. well. Christmas shopping. regardless.

    They need to make money, and while EA's way of making moeny isn't the most popualr, Maxis still needs budget to continue making games.

    Sorry, just had to voice that.

    They are people who have limits, they aren't gods.. they are just like us.

    And the reason why these forums aren't as populars, probably because there's so much inconstructive and negative hate here that doesn't help the devs make the game better.

    And believe me, what makes more sense, invest money in maintating forums or investing money in making the game better?

    Pretty sure people ended up complaining that we still got pools, ghosts and careers for FREE, which, regardless of their agenda (even if it was to save face) they still decided, we should give them for free.. They cold've just screwed us over and say "pay $5 for ghosts, pools etc."

    Be glad for what you have. The game isn't continuation of Sims 3 the same way as Sims 3 isnt' a continuation of Sims 2, the same way as Sims 2 isn't a continution of Sims 1, it's a brand new game.

    Sims is more complex that most games, and it takes a lot of work, and I am just sick of people just attacking the game.

    I get that people are unhappy with this game but complaining wno't help you. Giving gurus constructive criticism is how you get your point across.

    Just saying.
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    Ok people, I am so sick of several misconceptions.

    1. I was the one that tipped both SimsCommunity and SimsVIP regarding the Amazon information BECAUSE I found it on the sites, hell, SimsVip joked that she applauded me for using these forums since they are so toxic. Which, I do admit is bit in need of proper maintenance.

    2. Remember, that after all is said and done, Maxis is a BUSINESS and a COMPANY, not a Holy Grail, they have budget, they have limits to what they can do.

    3. Reason why Maxis is quiet about release date, because as SimGuruChick said, they test the game up until few days before the launch (including patches), she mentioned that if there is a game-breaking bug, and it is isn't as a easy to fix, then they have no other choice but to delay it, while they do their best to avoid these, they just happen, the game is NOT as bugged as it could've been.

    Use bit of logic and think of "what makes sense".

    To me as much as I hate having to wait another week, It makes sense since it is closer to Christmas which is closer to.. well. Christmas shopping. regardless.

    They need to make money, and while EA's way of making moeny isn't the most popualr, Maxis still needs budget to continue making games.

    Sorry, just had to voice that.

    They are people who have limits, they aren't gods.. they are just like us.

    And the reason why these forums aren't as populars, probably because there's so much inconstructive and negative hate here that doesn't help the devs make the game better.

    And believe me, what makes more sense, invest money in maintating forums or investing money in making the game better?

    Pretty sure people ended up complaining that we still got pools, ghosts and careers for FREE, which, regardless of their agenda (even if it was to save face) they still decided, we should give them for free.. They cold've just screwed us over and say "pay $5 for ghosts, pools etc."

    Be glad for what you have. The game isn't continuation of Sims 3 the same way as Sims 3 isnt' a continuation of Sims 2, the same way as Sims 2 isn't a continution of Sims 1, it's a brand new game.

    Sims is more complex that most games, and it takes a lot of work, and I am just sick of people just attacking the game.

    I get that people are unhappy with this game but complaining wno't help you. Giving gurus constructive criticism is how you get your point across.

    Just saying.

    I personally agree with what you've said.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Amazon has "leaked" that the possible date is 16th of Decemember.

    Other than a sneak peek of few unlockables (by one of the gurus on Twitter) there is no official word from the actual gurus.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Thanks for the confirmation Chick :3
  • Xemnas4444Xemnas4444 Posts: 13 New Member
    Do you think this patch will fix the lag and crashing people have been having since the pools?
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member

    Hi everyone

    Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.
    Thank you SimGuruBChick

    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,666 Member
    @Biggos6 Well said!

    And @SimGuruBChick Thanks for the update!
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,666 Member
    Yes, SGBChick just said that in the pinned thread. (so long as the continued testing goes well)
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 621 Member
    Hi everyone

    Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.

    Thank you for the official update. Much appreciated. :)

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 91,385 Member
    Also expect The Live Broadcast and Trailer next week.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

    Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

    Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...

    And essential gnomes...
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited December 2014
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

    Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...

    And essential gnomes...

    Lawd knows I need gnomes that don't do anything.

    Hopefully this patch keeps me busy until we get EP news.

    Edit: Spelling
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Good to know although the fact that we don't have a specific date next week means that nothing is set in stone. I wont hold my breath.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

    Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...
    Hahaha, it goes perfect with your neighborhood packed with loading screens. But hey that's okay! At least it comes with a free christmas sweater, everyone wants free christmas sweaters. ;)
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    It would be awesome if these new careers were open just like ambitions. Daily tasks to level up, in the office building or gym.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

  • mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Good to know although the fact that we don't have a specific date next week means that nothing is set in stone. I wont hold my breath.

    true but at least its something well just have to wait and see
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

    Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...
    Hahaha, it goes perfect with your neighborhood packed with loading screens. But hey that's okay! At least it comes with a free christmas sweater, everyone wants free christmas sweaters. ;)

    Christmas sweaters make everything better. I just hope that sims don't randomly start wearing them after christmas...
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top