Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA can you hear me now ?!

First off, I have been playing Sims from day one, back in the low graphic quality none ageing Sim hell. I gladly jumped into Sims 2 only to mutter about losing out on all the money I spent on Sims 2 expansions with going into Sims 3. Although Sims 3 did win me over and I have been working my way though the expansions. This takes me to Island Paradise...

First issue I ran into was continuous freezing and unfreezing in game play. After two weeks of my own trouble shooting I found by taking out ALL port lots in the town it fixed the issue. So I lose out on the experience of playing with house boats. I can deal with that. The second issue I have run into is with mermaids from NPC to active mermaid sims with no tail showing. They will swim as if they have a tail but no tail ever seems to show. I have seen one NPC mermaid with a tail (an elder female) but no others. No one seems to know how to fix this issue. I have no mods in my game and the only custom files I have are patterns from the exchange and some CAW towns off the exchange.

I will NOT buy Sims 4 and possibly no other EA products because I feel EA is comfortable with leaving a known glitched out product to focus on Sims 4. Some of my friends who have paid for Sims 4 wish they had not, that is wasn't worth it . Not to mention they took out the toddler age and I enjoy that age. You don't take away from a game you only add....

Sims 3 still has an active community EA and we would really like it if you would remember that and not push us to the wayside due to Sims 4. PLEASE fix the issues in Sims 3 and PLEASE fix the issues in Island Paradise because I would really like to actually play the game. I have never posted on forums before in regards to issues with the games because I can normally troubleshoot them away but I have hit a wall. And I am not the only one.

I can only hope they DON't do a Sims 5 unless there are vastly notable improvements and their custom towns don't suck.Less hills/mountains would be great! From what I have seen of Sims 4 I am not impressed. Also, it wouldn't hurt to put more effort into the baby,toddler,child, teen, elder sims in regards to hair styles, clothing and overall options in actions. I have the most fun playing those ages often times vs the adult age...

So please please please fix Island Paradise !

Comments

• RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    The problem with Island Paradise is a routing issue. The other problem is that Island Paradise is extremely cluttered and it's basically a big dump. I'm going to try and explain to you how you can reset everything in the town to put the order back in place :)

What you want to do is download something that we call Nraas. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but this is a mod by Twallan that lets you modify your Sims games in great ways. Firstly you need to install the main mod, which is MasterController. Make sure that you have the right version/patch :) Then you have to install Overwatch and Register. Installing these mods is as easy as downloading the files and put them in the map: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Packages\ If this map doesn't exist yet, you can make it yourself by New Folder.

Now start up The Sims 3. You'll get a window saying that these mods are found, if you did everything correctly. Dismiss, and go to Isla Paradiso. Once you're loaded up and playing with your family, pause the game. Move your camera to any computer in the game, or go to City Hall. Press shift, click with your mouse on the computer/City Hall, and you'll find these three mods under 'Nraas'.

Click on MasterController, and select Reset Everything. This is going to pause the game for a little and it will reset every sim and object, delete all the visitors (tourists, stray animals), etc. You're going to get a pop-up that will tell you how many objects were reset. Expect a number well in the 10.000. This is going to help your game massively. To make sure your game doesn't clutter up that easy again, you can use Register. This is going to give you the chance to change the settings on who can use your worlds. I always block pets and tourists/immigrants but you can play around a bit to your own preferences. Overwatch is a mod that basically knocks out all the errors that were made by the core game and other mods.

Another tip: use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands. The fog that hides every undiscovered island is going to slow your game down massively.

If it gets cluttered again, you can reset everything again as often as you want. I usually do it every two Sims days.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thanks @Ritchie for the effort you put into that :smile:

@ThePaintedSim3 trust me you are far from alone in reaching the end of your tether. Take a look around this section-two minutes and you'll realise things are bad. Very bad :disappointed:
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    Sadly, they never will fix TS3's glitches and routing issues--especially now that TS4 is out. But I heartily recommend many of Nraas/Twallen's suite of mods. Especially Overwatch for routing issues and basic clean-up.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!