Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saved games do you have counting the auto save?

2...Next

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't count auto save
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I tried to test how many it could handle and that folder has 511 items, and of course that includes auto back-ups and such, but I'd guess I had 100 saves when I got sick of testing this! lol I moved the extras to a back-up drive.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I keep about 12, I think. At one point I actually had something like 50, but it started affecting the load times on my old computer. I was playing two games, so I split them into two folders and keep the folder for the game I'm not playing on the desktop. I also only kept the most recent 10 or 12 saves. I was very paranoid about bugs/losing progress/etc. for a time, which is why I kept so many for so long.
  • simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I habitually, (back when I was still playing TS4), would have 4 saves of every game. I did them like this: Jennie Sim 1, Jennie Sim 2, Jennie Sim 3 and Jennie Sim 4. This enabled me to go back to a prior save, if something went wrong. Eventually, I prune out some when I stop playing that save to start a new save. I leave the last two saves as a backup in case I want to go back to them for some reason. I do the weeding in game, because there I can see the names. This numbers thing in the game files really makes me mad. Why can't they use the same format as TS3 did? In TS3, I could go into the folders and easily weed some out.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.