Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me what's fun in s4.

124...Next

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    I'm starting to like it, but it's probably because I'm playing with the simselves of both me and my boyfriend. It's kind of hard not to like that. :) Little by little I start liking the game more. I see what everyone's saying about building: hanging paintings is a lot more fun now. I love the look of the new sims (they are my favorite out of all the games). Don't care much for the stylized look, but it's getting better. I know this is a matter of taste, because my sister always likes cute stuff over realism, so, I guess we're giving the "cute" people a turn.

There animations are refreshing. Either they are realistic or fun to watch or smoother. I've learned that if I disable the "sims3 controls," I can actually control the camera better, but I find it frustrating that I can't take a picture after pressing "tab." Now I have to take a screenprint if I really want a good angle.

My simself has decide to postpone having a baby or aging until the toddler/baby problem is resolved.

I haven't played for one sim day yet so I'm sure my opinions will be different in a day or so. I'm actually glad that sims4 hasn't eclipsed sims3 & sims2 because I still have unfinished business with those games.

I'm glad your staring to enjoy it! The animations are my favorite in this game. The cooking ones are probably the best. I zoom in to watch their faces when they eat too. What a creeper I am. Lol.
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > AngelKatryn wrote: »
    >
    > I like the emotions
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought I did until about five hours into the game when I first tried it or maybe that was really when I bought it, don't remember but then I started to notice they all have the very same emotions which are mainly happy and confident. Which actually over rides their real traits, so I started to notice all Sims are actually the very same. That's when I decided they don't really have individual personalities and or emotions just moodlets that make them all seem the very same.

The thing is...I think we should create a lot of different sims for our towns , all with diffrent personalities because if you play the "sims" version then they all would most likely have the same or similar traits. By creating your own sims and moving them into different lots, you will experience sims with some really different personalities because you created them to your requirements. Hope it made sense. lol
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Scorched Earthing it.

I have been bookmarking CC today and I tried a couple of CC hairs. I am impressed!
    I will customize this game until it is unrecognizable. >:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Scorched Earthing it.

I have been bookmarking CC today and I tried a couple of CC hairs. I am impressed!
    I will customize this game until it is unrecognizable. >:)

If you see some good hair feel free to provide links to them, because I'm have some difficulties finding some that I like.

I've found plenty of clothes. One good thing about loses CASt is it looks like there's more recolors out there. I never had the skill or patience for CASt so I guess I benefited from its absence.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Zallori wrote: »
    What is fun in Sims 4, <br />
    Creating the Sims<br />
    I really enjoy the while one is out in the household the others are on auto but I still wouldnt mind seeing or checking on them. I didnt like the concept of Sims 3 on auto and they would just stand around peein' on themselves or dying of hunger lol, it was funny though. <br />
    I like the bar scene and the auto group talk. I thought that was interesting and I would just watch them to see what they would do. <br />
    Now I did read that once your dead you are dead and that sucks if you are on the Sims 4 playing for a good minute you do get a little attached to these guys.
    I don't recognize that concept, except when you've got free will turned off?

As for me, there is no fun in S4, which is the reason I don't play it.
    There was much more fun in Sims 1 and I stopped playing that game as well because I didn't like the concept.
    Things other people consider fun aren't fun for me. The only fun are CAS and building tools, but the sims and the houses are so boring and identical that I only end up regretting I don't have those tools in S3.
    I fail to see the charm of multitasking (apparently it's too much of a game to me, I don't care they can run around their house now with a plate in their hands) and the group talk is compulsory (they always start doing that whether you like it or not) and completely unrealistic (they just stand there and all talk at the same time; I never see that happening in real life).

The worst thing for me is that the game doesn't live up to its promises. Not only are they less smart than S2 sims, they are less smart than S3 sims as well. People tend to confuse smooth, cute animations with smartness, but those are two different things.
    Same thing with the emotions. Sims jumping from one emotion into the other being in a nicely decorated room has nothing to do with emotions. It's robotic and superficial.
    So what's left... gameplay. Well, that's boring, repetitive, totally random and not challenging at all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    you can either "save" or "save as" or just quit without saving. it has lotsa fun options.