Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough of the Hot-Dog Costume!

NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
One of my sims is always appearing around town in that ridiculous hot-dog outfit. I didn't choose it for her! The only thing I can think is that maybe she got it because she was once in the espionage career? Maybe she was doing undercover work at a ballpark. Yeah. Right.

Anyway, two questions.

1. How can I get it out of her clothing choices?
2. Is it possible to delete it entirely from the game?

EDIT: UPDATE Now my astronaut is parading around town in a Weiner suit. Where are these sims getting these outfits if I'm not "buying" them? The game can do whatever it wants with unplayed/townie sims, but why does it mess with MY sims? It's annoying.

Post edited by NoWayJose527 on

Comments

• AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Nope. It comes from Deluxe if I'm not mistaken.

IIRC, Sims mostly wear the most inappropriate clothing for the occassion. Edit the Sims' clothing via Manage Household.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    That sounds like the opposite of a problem.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If you have the digital deluxe you will get the hotdog costume so sometimes generated sims around town show up with it :p its so funny when it appears one though xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If you have the digital deluxe you will get the hotdog costume so sometimes generated sims around town show up with it :p its so funny when it appears one though xD

Yes, but it's not the "generated" sims. It's MY sims who are putting on this ridiculous costume and wearing it. I don't understand why or how. I don't care what the random generated sims wear. But MY sims should wear the clothing I choose for them. There must be way to stop this.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    [quote="NoWayJose527;13035072"][quote="Sigzy05;13035069"]If you have the digital deluxe you will get the hotdog costume so sometimes generated sims around town show up with it :p its so funny when it appears one though xD[/quote]

Yes, but it's not the "generated" sims. It's MY sims who are putting on this ridiculous costume and wearing it. I don't understand why or how. I don't care what the random generated sims wear. But MY sims should wear the clothing I choose for them. There must be way to stop this.

[/quote]

Ok sorry I missunderstood. I can't really see a reason for your sims to be randomly switching clothes though maybe it's a glitch? Never happened to me, I guess your sims have a mind of their own :wink:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, do they have some insane traits? No idea if a hotdog costume would relate to traits, just curious...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8

Your sims are just looking for love! Don't you wish you were an Oscar Mayer wiener?

*Note to self* Make another insane sim named Oscar Mayer dressed as a hotdog
    Hm, do they have some insane traits? No idea if a hotdog costume would relate to traits, just curious...

No. Not a bit of insanity. The first to go "hot-dogging" was my gal in the spy career. I thought maybe it had to do with undercover work LOL. But now, my astronaut is suddenly dressing up like a hot-dog. The only mod I have in the game is one to increase the length of a pregnancy. I don't think that would cause unusual clothing choices. It's bizarre.

If I take the sims into CAS, the hot-dog costume doesn't show up as one of their outfits, so I have no idea how to make them stop putting the plummy thing on. LOL

Guess I'll have to live with it for now. Or...maybe I should select it as one of their everyday outfits and never allow them to change clothes. I dunno. It must be some sort of glitch. I only noticed it recently. Maybe the last patch did something to cause it.

• Snarkman1974Snarkman1974 Posts: 68 Member
    question.. if you dont like what it cam with, then why did you waster your money with the digital deluxe edition?
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I am offended by that costume...

... Why is there no cookie costume?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    question.. if you dont like what it cam with, then why did you waster your money with the digital deluxe edition?

I don't object to the hotdog outfit, or to the clown outfit. I might have use for them some time. I only object to my sims wearing them when I haven't chosen those outfits as part of their wardrobes.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I have the same problem too with the sims I create. They seem to be wearing the space suit even when they're not astronauts. One time, one of them wore a gardener's outfit. I find it quite amusing actually. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    wFB0ePO.jpg?1
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Is it possible that your game chose the hotdog costume as a work outfit? I know I tried to change one of my sim's work outfits because it was so hideous but when I went into cas it wasn't there. I hope that is something they let us choose with a patch.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    That's the exact reason I didn't buy the deluxe edition. I hate that hot dog costume with a passion. I'm really not sure why EA decided we needed it again. They must think it's endlessly funny, because it was in Sims 3, too.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That is totally AWESOME!!! I say if you can't beat em join em and have fun with it. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Is it possible that your game chose the hotdog costume as a work outfit? I know I tried to change one of my sim's work outfits because it was so hideous but when I went into cas it wasn't there. I hope that is something they let us choose with a patch.

I think this is what's happening -- somehow. I have no choice but to live with it, I guess. LOL. It could be worse, I suppose. At least they're putting clothes on.

Frn0731 wrote: »
    That is totally AWESOME!!! I say if you can't beat em join em and have fun with it. :D

LOL, yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. Olanda, the former espionage sim who wears the hot-dog costume, has recently become a stay-at-home mother to care for their child. Maybe she's taking part-time jobs for an ad agency, you know, earning a little money to help out. Could be part of a cute storyline. Funny pictures, at least.

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    In sims 3 I had a sim whenever he turned into a werewolf he would end up with a bucket on his head. I was unable to change it and posted about it on the forum for advice. Someone , I can't remember who , said " That's awesome I live for crazy stuff like that" it changed my whole prospective and now when those crazy things happen i laugh and go along with it . ( Those crazy sims) lol
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited December 2014
    I wish a guy came in my room dressed in a hot dog suit... just the thought gives me shivers... >:):p
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Ask EA for patch to get rid of the hotdog costumes and give us REAL Sims content immediately
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    I am having similar issue as @NoWayJose527 but with a different outfit: two of my sims are appearing in the parks wearing the "hobo" outfits (=the ones worn by the sims you find always sleeping in the park). I certainly did not give them those outfits! When I came into their households during my rotation, they wearing these messy clothes, but after I changed them back to their ordinary outfits, I could not find those other outfits in their wardrobe.

Neither of the sims had any jobs at that point, so it's not job related. The only common thing they have is that they both have the insane trait. So, maybe that somehow explains this strange behaviour.

But why does the game give some sims these strange clothes when my sims are "unplayable", I don't know.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Actually, my Sims stopped wearing the costume autonomously after the pool patch.

Now everyone in my town runs around in swimsuits!

I said this before but don't remember where I posted it ... I have Mortimer Goth and all the old men running around in green speedos and as much as I hated those hotdogs I would rather see them again. It's always the older Sims that get the speedos! lol
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Tiipii wrote: »
    I am having similar issue as @NoWayJose527 but with a different outfit: two of my sims are appearing in the parks wearing the "hobo" outfits (=the ones worn by the sims you find always sleeping in the park). I certainly did not give them those outfits! When I came into their households during my rotation, they wearing these messy clothes, but after I changed them back to their ordinary outfits, I could not find those other outfits in their wardrobe. <br />
    <br />
    Neither of the sims had any jobs at that point, so it's not job related. The only common thing they have is that they both have the insane trait. So, maybe that somehow explains this strange behaviour.<br />
    <br />
    But why does the game give some sims these strange clothes when my sims are "unplayable", I don't know.

Insane sims are given the hobo outfits. Really poor choice there, Ea

I also believe the clown and hot-dog costumes are from the goofy trait not sure though.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I have the same thing, a Sim I created turning up wearing the hotdog costume. I hate the costume, it has it's place but not on a night out at the club :o He's in the chef career, so maybe he's working at a hotdog stand! I didn't give him 5 outfits for each category in CAS so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.