Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of social things that bug me in the Sims 4

First of all, I hate how often your friends come by. It is at least once or two a day and always the same person if you have just a few friends. The frequency of friend visitors would be lovely to be toned down and I miss having neighbors welcome you by stopping by when you move into a new house.

Second, the amount of people you can invite to parties and social gatherings when you plan them is really low. For how social the Sims 4 is supposed to be, it would be great to have 10 friends stop by the party at a time.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    I remember being unpleasantly surprised when my very first S3 sim had a very first boyfriend and I just never saw him.
    I had to visit him or invite him. What kind of lover was that :\
    Well, I'm used to that now and don't mind anymore, but it isn't very realistic to say the least.

What you describe is as annoying and unrealistic, but at the other end of the spectrum. They definitely should tone that down.
    I wonder by the way if the father of my son in the game visits my sims constantly because he's friends and romantic with the mother (green bar is half full, pink bar completely) or because he's the father. The latter I really wouldn't like at all. I want to be able to play the 'abandoned mother and child' thing if I feel like it.

Ten guests at party's is a minimum, I agree.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I remember being unpleasantly surprised when my very first S3 sim had a very first boyfriend and I just never saw him.
    Well, I'm used to that now and don't mind anymore, but it isn't very realistic to say the least.

What you describe is as annoying and unrealistic, but at the other end of the spectrum. They definitely should tone that down.
    I wonder by the way if the father of my son in the game visits my sims constantly because he's friends and romantic with the mother (green bar is half full, pink bar completely) or because he's the father. The latter I really wouldn't like at all. I want to be able to play the 'abandoned mother and child' thing if I feel like it.

Yeah it just needs to be tweaked a little that's all. That's true about the two extremes. It's like I want them to visit, just everyday by the same people seems strange to me. I guess my Sims just need to go to the park and make more friends. Yes I was so sad to know that I could only have two friends come over for parties. I mean being able to hire your own NPCs for parties is a cool concept, it just took me awhile to figure out how the tasks for the parties worked out.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah it just needs to be tweaked a little that's all. That's true about the two extremes. It's like I want them to visit, just everyday by the same people seems strange to me. I guess my Sims just need to go to the park and make more friends. Yes I was so sad to know that I could only have two friends come over for parties. I mean being able to hire your own NPCs for parties is a cool concept, it just took me awhile to figure out how the tasks for the parties worked out.
    Two O.O !? I haven't tried to throw a party yet so I'm really surprised.
    S4 being all about social interactions and party's I mean. I never counted in S3 but you can invite a whole bunch of people to your party's. I don't understand why that's different in S4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

That sounds like a glitch to me. The limit is 15 guests at parties in Sims 4. Did you click on the friends icon or the "everyone I know" icon? You won't have as many choices if you choose the friends one. (Don't know what that one is called). You select your host, guests, people to run your parties (waste of money IMO) and then location. My sims never have as many friends as they do acquaintances, but if you have green with people, they'll usually show up unless they're working.
  • Options

Two O.O !? I haven't tried to throw a party yet so I'm really surprised.
    S4 being all about social interactions and party's I mean. I never counted in S3 but you can invite a whole bunch of people to your party's. I don't understand why that's different in S4.
    Well you can manually invite people with the smart phone, but yes when planning a party, it lets you invite two and then some NPC. I don't understand it either. Yeah Sims 3 you could invite a lot more people.
  • Options

That sounds like a glitch to me. The limit is 15 guests at parties in Sims 4. Did you click on the friends icon or the "everyone I know" icon? You won't have as many choices if you choose the friends one. (Don't know what that one is called). You select your host, guests, people to run your parties (waste of money IMO) and then location. My sims never have as many friends as they do acquaintances, but if you have green with people, they'll usually show up unless they're working.
    Huh ok. I didn't. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Let us know if it works! I always use the "plan a social function" from the phone. Like I said the caterer, musician and bartender are wastes of money. Half the time they never do their jobs and join in with the party instead.
  • Options
    Let us know if it works! I always use the "plan a social function" from the phone. Like I said the caterer, musician and bartender are wastes of money. Half the time they never do their jobs and join in with the party instead.
    I noticed that and I will. Only time it seemed to work was using one of my already active households that had a high skill in cooking already and is the Sim I made of myself. So at least my Sim self knows how to cater a party. XD