Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Suggestion: New Hobbies & Group Activities!

MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, I was thinking that our Sims could use some new hobbies :) The ideas I had so far are: dancing, photography, archery, and cycling...

And I also thought that it would be really great if our Sims could do these activities (and some we already have in the game) as a group as well as individually! There could be dance classes, photography clubs, community bands for the musicians, etc. I think it would add to the sense of community in the game and improve our Sims social lives ;)

What do you guys think? Would you like something like this in your game, and what other activities would you add?

Note: previously posted in the General Ideas and Feedback section.
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
Post edited by MegandtheMoon on

Comments

• hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    Sure. Real couple dancing. Not just standing without even facing and shaking your body. Sewing, quilting, restoring old cars, What else was in Freetime?
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions :) I didn't have Freetime, so not too sure myself.
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
    mysph1t wrote: »
    I'd like to have a group of Sims play tabletop RPGs like D&D. Obviously it'd be called something else, but you could have 1 Sim be the dungeon master, and his Charisma, Writing, and even Video Gaming(which should probably be renamed to just "gaming") skills would effect how well he performed and how much fun the other Sims would have. Other Sims would just use their gaming skill, and you could form campaign groups and set scheduled get-togethers to game.

Ooh! That sounds interesting! Thank you for sharing your suggestion :) To be honest, I'm not really sure how table top RPG's work, but I will Google it right now :smiley:
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    not sure if it should be a hobby or a career, I guess it could be a self employed one like an author and musician is in the sims.
    Vlogger
    Sims (Teenagers-Elders) can do what they love Gaming, Beauty and Entertainment.
    Beauty includes body building and other cosmetics.
    Entertainment includes comedy, music, and film
    Gaming is all games computer and console.
    and sims can get "pocket money" or something from the simtube or whatever.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PKRockinPKRockin Posts: 3 New Member
    Maybe a 'crafting' hobby? Your sim could be able to make decorations and maybe even toys? :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I love skills and crafts! I'd definitely go for a hobby themed expansion like Freetime.
  • Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    What about amateur dramatics that Sims can come and watch?
    sims can be directors or actors evil sims can heckle and throw trash fruits at the cast
    You can get rewards for putting on a good performance maybe.
    directing without high charisma can lead to stress emotion for directors or acting without high charisma can lead to fainting diva moodlet for actors and they have to be sent flowers from the rest of the cast :)
    What about amateur dramatics that Sims can come and watch? <br />
    sims can be directors or actors evil sims can heckle and throw trash fruits at the cast <br />
    You can get rewards for putting on a good performance maybe. <br />
    directing without high charisma can lead to stress emotion for directors or acting without high charisma can lead to fainting diva moodlet for actors and they have to be sent flowers from the rest of the cast :)

That sounds fab! I love to see that in my game!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So many of the skill-building activities are solitary -- the only one that uses more than one Sim is playing chess at the chess table, and you can even do that alone. I'd like to see the video game consoles for the TVs come back, so Sims can play video games together. I'd also like to bring back the "Do Homework With..." interaction when more than one child/teen is on the lot; doing homework together would build social and fun needs while studying. And one that would be really cool is "Cook With..." where an adult can cook with the help of a child and that child could get creativity skill, or if a teen helps they'd gain in Cooking skill.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    So many of the skill-building activities are solitary -- the only one that uses more than one Sim is playing chess at the chess table, and you can even do that alone. I'd like to see the video game consoles for the TVs come back, so Sims can play video games together. I'd also like to bring back the "Do Homework With..." interaction when more than one child/teen is on the lot; doing homework together would build social and fun needs while studying. And one that would be really cool is "Cook With..." where an adult can cook with the help of a child and that child could get creativity skill, or if a teen helps they'd gain in Cooking skill.

Yeah! That's what I've found as well, so I'd like our Sims to do more things together :) Thank you for your suggestions! I especially like the cooking together option - that would be such a sweet interaction between parent and child. And then the child could start building up a cooking skill from an early age. <3 it.
  • AndroodleAndroodle Posts: 209 Member
    edited December 2014
    Like others have suggested any type of crafting skill would be cool! Stuff like sewing, making jewellery and making toys. How about something similar to cosplaying or live action roleplaying ( I think that's what it's called ) outside in costumes! That would be pretty cool in my opinion.
    Like others have suggested any type of crafting skill would be cool! Stuff like sewing, making jewellery and making toys. How about something similar to cosplaying or live action roleplaying ( I think that's what it's called ) outside in costumes! That would be pretty cool in my opinion.

I think it would be so cute to see our Sims cosplay-ing :)
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    edited December 2014
    More group hobbies for sure. Dance classes and group cooking would be awesome! I also loved sewing and pottery-making in TS2. It would be good for the craft hobbies to yield things that could actually be used instead of just decor.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd like my sim to do a "free hugs" campaign. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

But maybe that option is only available to those with 'friends of the world" aspirations
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    What about amateur dramatics that Sims can come and watch? <br />
    sims can be directors or actors evil sims can heckle and throw trash fruits at the cast <br />
    You can get rewards for putting on a good performance maybe. <br />

I'd love that! I liked the acting on sets in TS1 Superstar, and I LOVED writing plays and having them performed in Medieval. I think this would be fun. The only thing I disliked in TS1 was that the outcome was completely random, I'd like to be able to influence the performance by having sims be in a good or bad mood, and by having a high or low acting/performing skill.

I also like the suggestion about having adult sims teach younger children how to bake. I bake scones and jam tarts and things with my kids all the time! And they love icing and decorating cakes! I think that would be super cute!