Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! Do All Mods on Mac Need to End in .package?

Hi everyone.
I recently downloaded the folder for mac that includes Mods (resources.cfg,Packages, Overrides) and I was wondering if all of the mods I download need to be in .package format. Can I download any mod from any website, or do they need to be in this format? If they do, can anyone tell me how to switch them to .package format?
Thanks to anyone who helps!

Comments

• Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Are you talking about TS3? You've posted this in TS4 mods forum, but there is no Mac version of TS4 yet. :|
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm going to assume that @NYSims meant to post this on a TS3 forum and answer accordingly.

Mods are program modifications. The only format that any mods come in for TS3 is .package -- they just don't exist any other way. Custom Content (CC), on the other hand, can be in .package or .sims3pack format; the installation procedure for each is a bit different. Package files get placed in the Packages folder inside the framework you have just described, while sims3packs are installed via the game's Launcher.

If you are really finding TS3 downloads out there in other formats, they are probably zips, rars, or 7zs. Those are compressed files that need to be downloaded and decompressed first -- you will find the usable package or sims3pack files inside of them. Macs can decompress zips natively, but you would need a third party program like UnrarX or The Unarchiver to work with the other two compression types.

Mods and CC are not platform dependent. They each work exactly the same on Macs as they do on Windows.

Does any of that help?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net