Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there going to be any expansion packs or stuff packs?

I was wondering is there going to be any expansion packs or stuff packs?

Comments

• MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hello Honeydew.

I expect that there will be an expansion pack at some point, don't give up hope!
    But The Sims 4 only came out in September, I expect we'll get the first expansion pack either in February, March or April of 2015. :)
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Yes, we will get them, depending on sales. EA wants to make more money. It is only time. I think by April, we will see an EP.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • ASimsFanatic2014ASimsFanatic2014 Posts: 331 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes but not for a long time, it seems that they are currently focused on releasing more careers according to them, I'd say about between March or April or even summer we will probably have an expansion pack.
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    What sort of careers are they talking about releasing?
  • BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    They aren't. Talking about it, I mean. At least I haven't heard them talking about it. I remember them mentioning "more careers in a free update in December" but not a whisper of which careers (which is why there were posts wondering when the info was coming and expecting it today but now think it'll be next Tuesday).
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Barghaest wrote: »
    They aren't. Talking about it, I mean. At least I haven't heard them talking about it. I remember them mentioning "more careers in a free update in December" but not a whisper of which careers (which is why there were posts wondering when the info was coming and expecting it today but now think it'll be next Tuesday).

There's an entire thread at the top of the forum where the careers have been discussed to death: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801262/two-careers-confirmed-for-december-update/p1
  • BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2014
    Score one for my keen skills of observation then!

I sit corrected.

EDIT: Although "discussed to death" isn't exactly how I'd describe that... maybe by other posters but only a few comments by Gurus confirming Athletics and Business (plus sweaters) for December patch. Then again, I don't follow most social media, so for all I know they've done Twitter feeds detailing the whole patch (which probably should have prevented me from making a declarative remark about it in the first place but I'm kind of out of it right now, so forgive me) and the information hasn't leaked through to old farts like me who prefer forums.
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    Yes
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    Hello Honeydew.<br />
    <br />
    I expect that there will be an expansion pack at some point, don't give up hope!<br />
    But The Sims 4 only came out in September, I expect we'll get the first expansion pack either in February, March or April of 2015. :)
    Honeydew wrote: »
    I was wondering is there going to be any expansion packs or stuff packs?

I remember a guru saying 5 months after the release one would come out. So maybe around February? I wish it was before Christmas lol

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2014
    Barghaest wrote: »
    Score one for my keen skills of observation then!

I sit corrected.

EDIT: Although "discussed to death" isn't exactly how I'd describe that... maybe by other posters but only a few comments by Gurus confirming Athletics and Business (plus sweaters) for December patch. Then again, I don't follow most social media, so for all I know they've done Twitter feeds detailing the whole patch (which probably should have prevented me from making a declarative remark about it in the first place but I'm kind of out of it right now, so forgive me) and the information hasn't leaked through to old farts like me who prefer forums.

I wouldn't exactly describe it as "not a whisper" either. B) We've known for a month, now. Besides, that was just one official statement, certainly not the first time it was clarified. But I agree that they should make more statements away from social media. I believe the first time it was mentioned was in the SimGuru's interview.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, we will. When i'll have my own grandchildren :D but i'm still young :D
  • CreativecreatorCreativecreator Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an idea for a (free) expansion pack: theme parc or roller coaster parc. That you can create it yourselve and let your sims go in an attraction (like a love coaster or something) or eat some food at a mini restaurant or drink at a mini bar. It would be so fun! Please creators, make my wish come true.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    They have rules about necroposting
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett