Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've compiled an extended list of Cheats and Commands

Comments

• WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    If you ever have the opportunity to make a mod so cow plants live longer, like maybe once a week feedings, I would never be able to thank you enough. The cow plant army takes A LOT of care....its like having 24 babies on a lot.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    LOL, I've given up on cow plants. I've managed to kill 5 so far.
    On another note, @ Tooha, do you by any chance know the object i.d. of Deathflower?
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    klena wrote: »
    LOL, I've given up on cow plants. I've managed to kill 5 so far. <br />
    On another note, @ Tooha, do you by any chance know the object i.d. of Deathflower?

As of the latest update you can just use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects

Then use the build/buy search for "Death"
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks TwistedMexican. I wasn't sure it would be there. :)
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    First time using the objects.consumables cheat and it works really well with the potions. I use the youth potion quite often and it's doing a great job replenishing that.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    What if we want to add cheats to the games command line arguments? I already have '-nohovereffects --no_tutorial' but wanted to add the cheat to hide headline effects. I tried typing it into the command line argument in various different ways, such as 'headlineeffects off' with or without a '-' in front and nothing works. I also tried -noheadlineeffects and that didn't work either (I was just following the pattern of the other commands).

Is there a list of command line arguments compiled somewhere?
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Wow. you leave for a few weeks to do ghosts and they patch in homework.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    other way around, sorry lol
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2014
    #TwistedMexican (my hero): I hear you had to update the MOO mod but I can find it on Mod The Sims. Every house I am downloading from the community now is missing all the furnishings (really, ALL!) from the first floor but the other floors are fully furnished. I was so frustrated that I tried to download 20 of them. Never had a problem before. I had some people say it was your MOO mod but you know I would defend you to the death. Is there an update?

I am also having a problem with the consumables cheat. The item gets used up every time. Then I read, I think here, that you have to do the cheat before you buy so I did that. They still are just one use items. What am I doing wrong?

And, finally, what do I have to do to make my cowplants more attractive so people will get eaten? Is it cologne? mouthwash? I'm not sure. I have planted and replanted dozens of them and not once essence. I finally just used the debug cheat and got a bunch of essence of ____'s life which is fun. Wish I could write a name in.

Again, thank you for going through all that source code to help us all out. That had to take a very, very long time. I know I truly appreciate the time you took for us.

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The autopay bills cheat doesn't seem to be working for me in my game. I type in [ testingcheats true], and then I type in [ households.autopay_bills true]. And my household in the game still gets bills. What am I doing wrong in getting this cheat to activate?
    And speaking of cheats, has any one figured out how they were able to activate that enlarger cheat that they had used on a bowl of fruit in one of the past live broadcasts yet? :)
  • RoddSteeleRoddSteele Posts: 43 Member
    Thank you for all your hard work, TM!
  • natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    OK, I found the MOO update and everything is working fine again. I have been using you MOO since the week you came out with it and, in spite of what some people think, I have never had a problem with it at all.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong on the consumables cheat and I also can't get the autopay bill to work either. I have all of your mods loaded except the age one and the head one so testing cheats are on. But the bills still come. Was I supposed to type something in?
    OK, I found the MOO update and everything is working fine again. I have been using you MOO since the week you came out with it and, in spite of what some people think, I have never had a problem with it at all.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong on the consumables cheat and I also can't get the autopay bill to work either. I have all of your mods loaded except the age one and the head one so testing cheats are on. But the bills still come. Was I supposed to type something in?

Nope just households.autopay_bills true

It could be that this is being reset every time you travel so look out for that.

Consumables works on any *individual* consumables. Potions, slices of cake, etc, but not on the cake platter or similar.

objects.consumables_infinite_toggle

It is a toggle so once you enter it, try it out and if it's working, leave it alone. Every other entry will turn it back off.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Twisted, is there a possibility to mod toybox or fridge not to filter items? So we can store anything from sims' inventory inside? Not house inventory, but livemode sims inventory.
    If not, is it possible to remake your 9th sim mod into static object sim where we can use only his inventory (in order to store stuff inside) but otherwise that sim is an unmovable object with all needs filled?
  • FatescruelFatescruel Posts: 110 Member
    I like the TV Head Mod B), and I could use a nice little decorative storage container. (*)
    QxkUasu.png
  • konhacaskonhacas Posts: 2 New Member
    I made a mistake and selected the other branch of the tech guru instead of the gamer one, how can i change it?
  • jjovellanoiijjovellanoii Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, in inputting names of sims when using the relationship boost cheat, is there a proper way to write two word names as in "John Friedrich", "Joseph II", "Henry IX"? Thanks.
    Hi, in inputting names of sims when using the relationship boost cheat, is there a proper way to write two word names as in "John Friedrich", "Joseph II", "Henry IX"? Thanks.

Yes, wrap any first or last name that has spaces in it, in quotes.

• debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Twisted, is there a possibility to mod toybox or fridge not to filter items? So we can store anything from sims' inventory inside? Not house inventory, but livemode sims inventory.
    If not, is it possible to remake your 9th sim mod into static object sim where we can use only his inventory (in order to store stuff inside) but otherwise that sim is an unmovable object with all needs filled?

@JoxerTM22, egureh at Mod The Sims has created a mod to store everything in the refrigerator. Go here to check it out.

I would love to have it as a chest version, but right now anything is better than nothing :D .

Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    debsilva3 wrote: »
    @JoxerTM22, egureh at Mod The Sims has created a mod to store everything in the refrigerator. Go here to check it out.

I would love to have it as a chest version, but right now anything is better than nothing :D .

Errr... Not all, just vegetables.
    But it's still an awsome mod!!!

Thanks for this info!
  • C3llyC3lly Posts: 31 Member
    @TwistedMexican you are my hero! :D Thank you so much! <3
    tumblr_okxq78zbnr1v5rze9o1_1280.gif

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words -- wait and hope".
    A l e x a n d r e D u m a s
  • SugarplumpkinSugarplumpkin Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks! I have this bookmarked lol
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    I had started a new thread, but thought I would post this here as well.

I have been struggling with this for some time now and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I want to be able to add or remove certain buffs from my characters, but it just isn't working. I have successfully removed all buffs, but I can add certain ones.

First, do I need to turn on testingcheats in order for this to work? I have tried both ways, and nothing has really worked.

Here is what I am putting in the cheat box while having the sim selected that I want to add the buff too.

sims.add_buff angry

or

sims.add_buff dazed

sims.add_buff mortified

Is this the correct way to set this up, is there something I am missing. I am so frustrated.
  • SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    Errr, for some reason, I gave birth to a baby boy and it instantly aged to child (with aspiration and trait selected already)!?

Is there a cheat I can type in to revert him back to the baby stage?
    msarobix wrote: »
    I had started a new thread, but thought I would post this here as well.

I have been struggling with this for some time now and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I want to be able to add or remove certain buffs from my characters, but it just isn't working. I have successfully removed all buffs, but I can add certain ones.

First, do I need to turn on testingcheats in order for this to work? I have tried both ways, and nothing has really worked.

Here is what I am putting in the cheat box while having the sim selected that I want to add the buff too.

sims.add_buff angry

or

sims.add_buff dazed

sims.add_buff mortified

Is this the correct way to set this up, is there something I am missing. I am so frustrated.

See my wiki in my signature, it has a list of buffs linked below the command. The keywords aren't as simple as just the mood unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top