Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 166 Member
    What time is that in Canada? :rage:
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    What happens at 9am in California?
    :\
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Rain
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    @DarkSuperNinja, sorry to disappoint but we have been very clear in stating that there will be 2 careers in the December Update, as per the original post in this thread.
    Well, I'm not disappointed as I already read the original post ;)

Has there actually been word from gurus that this patch contains 'heaps' of extra other stuff, or is that also just people putting out wishful thoughts?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    7 PM right here.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member

Nothing lol thats what the time is now so we have a chance of getting a patch
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    @DarkSuperNinja, sorry to disappoint but we have been very clear in stating that there will be 2 careers in the December Update, as per the original post in this thread.
    Well, I'm not disappointed as I already read the original post ;)

Has there actually been word from gurus that this patch contains 'heaps' of extra other stuff, or is that also just people putting out wishful thoughts?

Yeah, i have read somewhere something like "tone of staff"...
    Jimil wrote: »
    Rain

:D
    lol
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    7 PM right here.

5pm here :/ guess i could stay up till 11
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I hope we get the patch today B)
    Anyone on Twitter? Maybe you can check out the guru avi's.
    Hi folks, don't know how many of you follow any SimGurus on Twitter but I don't think I am giving anything away when I say that, the last two times we had Updates, a couple of days before, some of the SimGurus changed their Twitter avatars to the BatGnome. That hasn't happened yet.
    Hi folks, don't know how many of you follow any SimGurus on Twitter but I don't think I am giving anything away when I say that, the last two times we had Updates, a couple of days before, some of the SimGurus changed their Twitter avatars to the BatGnome. That hasn't happened yet.

Oops looks like all patch threads are being shifted over here
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member

No changes yet, this was why I had a bad feeling patch wasn't coming today, no change in avatars and no LB announcement like the last two
    9pm at my place
    i think i must respect of California time :)
    Oops looks like all patch threads are being shifted over here
    Yeah. That was confusing for a second there!

But, in view of BChicks 'hint' I'm guessing there will be no patch for at least several days.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2014
    9pm at my place
    i think i must respect of California time :)

It has now been pretty clearly hinted that the patch is not today (scroll up this page and check the quotes). Check this page: https://twitter.com/TheSims/lists/simgurus/members When you see lots of special avatars there -- especially gnome ones! -- that's a good hint, we're told, that the patch will be soon. So, not now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I wish they could just give us a straight answer like "no, no patch today"
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I just don't know what the big deal would be if they would come on the forum and give a date for the patch. Jezzzzz is it so hard to type a simple yes or no
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
    lol lets start a petition to get them to start telling us when to expect these updates xD
    Yeah, it would make life simpler. I can never understand their whole cloak and dagger attitude.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    I just don't know what the big deal would be if they would come on the forum and give a date for the patch. Jezzzzz is it so hard to type a simple yes or no

The thing with software patches is that sometimes you can't give a date until a couple of days before at the earliest. Testing is done on shorter notice than for a major software release, where schedules for development are drawn up eons in advance.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

or "release on .... (date)"
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Hey give me the date, and if they cant patch that day just update the info. I can deal with that. Its there lack of communication skills that frustrates me and I would think alot of other players.
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I'm waiting to see if my prediction of "lots of content" added will be all the Christmas sweaters and the build mode item which they gave the hit green. I will be shocked if there is anything of substance other than the careers. ::D

The more we post about it, the more they will feel popular. You know they enjoy stuff like anticipation.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    The thing with software patches is that sometimes you can't give a date until a couple of days before at the earliest. Testing is done on shorter notice than for a major software release, where schedules for development are drawn up eons in advance.

What @luthienrising said. Patch/Update testing runs right up until a few days before the go live date. Sometimes, we find a major bug at the last minute and then have to delay going live. We don't like to provide firm dates in case we have to delay. Hence the "early warning system" of BatGnome avatars.

However, I can confirm that there will be no Update this week.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg