Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @ spreadsheet team - I am not able to officially clock in today, but I stopped by and updated the spreadsheet to the start of Island Escape Compilation.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @ spreadsheet team - I am clocking in. Thanks for updating Samantha.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I enjoying doing plastic canvas, that my 2nd hobbies. My first hobbies is play Sims. My third hobbies is latch hook. Well...here the picture I made. It's suppose to be the logos. But I think I did okay. What you guys think?
    plumbob_zps0a374028.jpg
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Tahera wrote: »
    @Jodi, congratulations on your daughter's wedding!
    @Tahera - Thank you

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • CatMoranCatMoran Posts: 55 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Mooshygirl wrote: »
    Hi All, hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving! Or Holiday shopping-fest? tee hee! So, did anyone buy on Origin Black Friday? The expansions are amazing priced at 7.99! I want Seasons, Island Paradise and University life. These would be completely new to me as I have never played their Sims 2 equivalents (could not afford them at the time & then Sims 3 came out so i got that instead). If it weren't so close to Xmas I would get them all but as it is I am only going to treat my self to one. Sooooo what would you guys suggest? What have you had fun with? I am a "build-a-holic" too, so which one has fun furniture / lots?
    Wow, those are three good packs! Seasons is my favourite with Supernatural, so I'd have to recommend that. It comes with a lot of nature-inspired Buy items; sounds maybe tacky, but I think they're really the right mix of elegant, modern and 'natural'. Lots of furniture and build items with the basic shape of leaves, branches, snowflakes, etc but without being tacky. Hard to explain; it's 5am (!) right now, but I might try to take some screen shots later.

That said, University Life adds a LOT of stuff to do. I suppose Seasons does as well, but the activity objects are loosely tied to each season. In UL, there are so many objects to skill with and plenty note to party with. I'm a builder, but I'm obsessed with placing harvestables -- UL has all of the herbs and coffee beans, which I adore. I am a community lot builder though, so the new lot types ate very important to me.

Island Paradise is very cool but specific -- for obvious reasons, it's tropical and nautical themed. Not much else I can think of. It does that very,VERY well though. The boats and all-in-one bathrooms revolutionise world building/renovating.

Honestly, they're ALL good packs. If building is your thing, I really recommend looking closely at the Build and Buy Mode options.
    I love Seasons -- especially the Festival lot and season festivals. It's a real Sim magnet, and a great place for Sims to make new friends.
    Mooshygirl wrote: »
    @Kellycot1
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, and so detailed!!! I really appreciate it. I used to "garden" a lot in Sims 2. I love the idea of Seasons too, especially since I have both Supernatural and Dragon Valley (the latter is where I have been hanging out, building Tudor and Jacobean manors and estates) i also have Monte Vista so i would be curious to see those world in snow.

I am drawn to university to recapture my lost youth through Sims I think! lol! Island Paradise will just make me long for a holiday...Maybe I will get Seasons
    If you have Duke of Bows and if/when you do get Seasons, make sure to check the exchange -- there's a really nice Festival lot that's built from the Duke of Bows lot. It also has beautiful wedding venue , and iirc an elixir shop. And if you have World Adventures, there's a neat area to explore underground.

(The lot also fits nicely in Hidden Springs.)
    I own the store? How'd that happen??
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    Expired Deal:
    833 ) Island Escape Compilation / 696 / 2400 / 71% / 3 hrs

Current Deal:
    834 ) Loads of Laundry / 504 / 1080 / 53% / 2 hrs
    This set contains items from the following sets: Ultra Lounge Laundry, I Heart the 50’s Laundry, Bayside Laundry

Upcoming Deals:
    835 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / ? / 891 / % / 2 hrs
    This set contains items from the following sets: Club Vaindenburger Den, Club Vaindenburger Study

836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / ? / 198 / % / ? hrs
    This is part of: May 2011 Compilation, Mid-Century Fantasy, Blast From the Past Compilation
    Have a nice day!
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Current Deal:
    834) Loads of Laundry / 504 / 1080 / 53% / 2 hours
    This set contains items from the following sets: Ultra Lounge Laundry, I Heart the 50’s Laundry, Bayside Laundry

Upcoming Deals:
    835) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / ? / 891 / % / 2 hours
    836) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / ? / 198 / % / 2 hours
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    I randomized Jenna and Frozen's names for the Frontier code. Congrats @JennaIsGhost!

@Frozenorangejuic Enjoy your runner up prize!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Ximph wrote: »
    I randomized Jenna and Frozen's names for the Frontier code. Congrats @JennaIsGhost!

@Frozenorangejuic Enjoy your runner up prize!
    I just woke up and saw this. :) What a lovely thing to wake up too!
    Thank you again! :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
    Oh, and BTW, I finally watched the video for "Rub Some Bacon On It." LOL
    YAY! Rub Some Bacon on It is spreading! :D haha!
    You wont believe how far it's spreading. All the way to Germany by now. It's kind of saying now in my anime-chat.
    That's awesome!! :D
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Kicking myself I missed Bohemian Garden!
    Hopefully it comes back around soon.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    So now that big sellers such as the bakery and boho garden have been on DD a few times in this final (and seemingly never-ending list :o ) Can anyone say if these items seem to sell out as quickly as they did before? Because I don't want to buy simpoints and hang around waiting if it's going to sell out before the page refreshes.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    > @IrishSimslover said:
    > Can anyone say if these items seem to sell out as quickly as they did before? Because I don't want to buy simpoints and hang around waiting if it's going to sell out before the page refreshes.

Nothing I've seen has sold out. I don't think many items have even made it into double digits sold.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
    > @IrishSimslover said:<br />
    > Can anyone say if these items seem to sell out as quickly as they did before? Because I don't want to buy simpoints and hang around waiting if it's going to sell out before the page refreshes.<br />
    <br />
    Nothing I've seen has sold out. I don't think many items have even made it into double digits sold.

Grouchybeast is correct. Nothing on this list has sold out. Everything has run its full time and if we have reached 10% on anything sold it hasn't been much above that.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    @trithone and @grouchybeast Thank you for your answer! Maybe I will get the simpoints then in preparation for list rotation! Or did I miss a memo somewhere, and the list isn't rotating?
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    Expired Deal:
    834 ) Loads of Laundry / 504 / 1080 / 53% / 2 hrs

Current Deal:
    835 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 486 / 891 / 45% / 2 hrs
    This set contains items from the following sets: Club Vaindenburger Den, Club Vaindenburger Study

Upcoming Deals:
    836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / ? / 198 / % / 2 hrs
    This is part of: May 2011 Compilation, Mid-Century Fantasy, Blast From the Past Compilation

837 ) Floral Fruits / ? / 19 / % / ? hrs
    This is part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception, Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

I`m OE for the rest of the day / evening.
    Happy simming!
    Have a nice day!
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    @elf67. I just wanted to let you know if you do get the lego harry potter games sometime the app ones will not be the same as the pc game. Also, wait until the holiday (christmas) sale, those games will be on really good sales..either there or green man gaming or gog I believe!! Waiting is a great idea!!
    =)
    Actually, I was talking about the Mac App Store, so the game should be the PC version. I figured I put enough on my credit cards between buying 3 Sims 3 EPs, 2 pairs of Vans for my nieces for Christmas, 3 Mountain t-shirts, several coloring books from Dover publishing (which are actually for me-I love coloring, especially animals) and some stuff from Amazon (I ended up buying the Grumpy Cat coloring book for my nieces after seeing how funny it is). I figure I can wait a bit longer for Harry Potter.
  • angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    It's sad, for a split second I thought about spending 40sp on the club v. set on DD just to stop seeing it on MMAO. I own both club v. sets, and the store recognizes the separate sets, but not the joint set or the individual items, the individual items it does recognize as owned came from featured looks. Please, someone tell me that im not the only one who has thought, even for a split second, about doing something silly like spending points just to stop seeing it pop up all the time!?!
    @trithone and @grouchybeast Thank you for your answer! Maybe I will get the simpoints then in preparation for list rotation! Or did I miss a memo somewhere, and the list isn't rotating?

We were told by SimGuruTaterTot that the list would be long (it is!) and that it would repeat. Of course, this was the same message where we were told the new list would be arriving next week and next week proved to be almost a month away (maybe more; my memory for relative time is shaky).

At any rate, I think it is safe to assume that the list will repeat at some point. To me it would make sense to keep one long list that repeats as it would be easier to use the same programming they had already written (where the list repeats and they can just let it be) than write a new program that would constantly randomize the list for however long the store stays open.

I'm on CS now about Date Night not showing that I own it, they keep telling me that it's in my purchase history I'm like "I know it is, but it's not showing up as 100% when it should." then they tell me to download it again like it's going to help.
    The frustration.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    edited December 2014
    now:
    836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / 80 / 198 / 60% / 2 hrs

coming up:
    837 ) Floral Fruits / ? / 19 / % / ? hrs
    This is part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception, Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

838) Feathered Table Sculpture / ? / 28 / % / ? hours
    part of: Indulgent Living, Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear, The Monarch Suite
    I give up on CS right now. I'm literally going around in circles with this person.
    Them: "well you've redeemed your code."
    Me: "Yes, and it is downloaded, the site doesn't say I own it though, it just says 17% of 100% when it should say 100% since I do own it."
    Them: "Well those are the items you are entitled to."
    Like, what?
    I tried to be as nice as I could and just told them I'll contact someone else later since we were going around in circles and told them to have a nice day.
    How annoying.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I give up on CS right now. I'm literally going around in circles with this person.
    Me: "Yes, and it is downloaded, the site doesn't say I own it though, it just says 17% of 100% when it should say 100% since I do own it."
    Like, what?
    I tried to be as nice as I could and just told them I'll contact someone else later since we were going around in circles and told them to have a nice day.
    How annoying.
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience, Jenna. I think we've all been there! I definitely recommend trying again and, if they're being difficult too, ask them to escalate you to a supervisor.

I went through this earlier this year and it took a while to get it done -- I even filed a complaint against the Live Chat staff, which is something I NEVER do, because I was rudely hung up on in two separate chats after running around in circles -- but it was well worth it in the end. They managed to fix EVERYTHING I claimed to own, except Sunlit Tides Gold and the retail worlds. Because I complained (contacted the Australian and NZ Community Manager), I even got given Aurora Skies for free and quite a few SimPoints to compensate me for purchasing those single items that are the same as the JCP free items. While EA's Customer Service and general reputation isn't great (and few places are -- Microsoft overcharged me $5 on a sale item on my Xbox and I went through a nightmare this past week to tell them overcharging is NOT okay), EA do, as a business, care about their customers' complaints.

It is all kinds of annoying and frustrating, but you'll be glad to have MMAO back -- you never know what you might be offered! It's also nice not living in fear that you'll double-purchase something. Good luck! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    I had the exact same experience the first time I tried to get Date Night to be marked as owned, @JennaIsGhost. Maybe you got the same person. The second time I tried I got somebody else and he understood the problem and fixed it for me.

I decided to get one more EP while the sale is still going on, but I can't decide between Showtime and ITF. I think those Showtime careers sound like lots of fun, but I kinda like the idea of different future worlds and the dirt rugs would be cool. This dark industrial set coming with ITF also has a staircase and I love new staircases. But I like the new traits Showtime is offering. :\ I can't get both, but I can add two stuff packs, because they are a lot cheaper than the EPs here. I do want Outdoor Living, but I don't know with other one to choose either. I could also get Barnacle Bay instead of a second stuff pack.
    Like, what?
    How annoying.

That was pretty close to my experience yesterday. Of course, it seemed almost impossible to get the CS representative to realize that I was talking about a purchase on the Sims 3 Store and not Origin, so that was how it all started to go downhill. It's not like I hadn't typed "The Sims 3 Store" in almost every message... Then I had to explain several times that I had clicked a green download button and, instead of recieving the set for free, had been charged 893 sim points for it. Then they were confused because I still had 700 points in my account. I had to explain that before I had been incorrectly charged I had almost 2000 points in my account. I even had the dates in my purchase history where I had already bought all the sets within the compilation I was mistakenly charged for.

I kept at it and once the CS representative checked with a supervisor I was told that they would credit the 893 sp to my account as a "one time courtesy." Hmm...interesting way to put it since I was incorrectly charged the 893 sp in the first place. The mistake was not mine, so how does refunding those points translate to a "courtesy" on their part? Anyway, I decided to drop it rather than trying to make my point. It wouldn't have done me any good and would have wasted my time.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top