Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember this?

2...Next

Comments

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    I always go with the premise that advertisements are lies. It keeps me from bad surprises and wasted money. This time it wasn't any different.

@cyron43 I always wait for the disclaimers at the end of the advertisement. Not sure I want some of those side effects...
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    I always go with the premise that advertisements are lies. It keeps me from bad surprises and wasted money. This time it wasn't any different.

@cyron43 I always wait for the disclaimers at the end of the advertisement. Not sure I want some of those side effects...

you mean like death ?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    But it was not an advertisement - it was a live Chat from Gamescom. So that makes a difference. They even had 40 Simmers at that Gamescom and held 3 Sims 4 workshops and everything - so they were quite a bit along in the start over of the Sims 4 then - when they said that stuff. You can still see the then live video's from the two chats they held even as far as i know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited November 2014
    EA response to OP :
    e65.gif
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    But it was not an advertisement - it was a live Chat from Gamescom. So that makes a difference. They even had 40 Simmers at that Gamescom and held 3 Sims 4 workshops and everything - so they were quite a bit along in the start over of the Sims 4 then - when they said that stuff. You can still see the then live video's from the two chats they held even as far as i know.
    It is a difference - really? We know the players at gamescon were restricted to certain aspects only and the questions (and answers) have also been restricted. I am so fed up of seeing Nardone, Rodiek and the new head of design (what's her name, Bradshaw?) promote the game with a frozen smile on their faces. It's all oh so shiny and no word about all the things most Simmers miss so badly. Pff

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2014
    This is also what they confirmed to be in the base game.

"Wild parties" with DJs and glowsticks
    Open restaurants
    Where are the restaurants?
    Please let me know because my sims are sick of dining out with their dates on chips.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Open restaurants

W H E R E ? ? ? ? ? ?
  • Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    > @catmando830 said:
    > Open restaurants
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > W H E R E ? ? ? ? ? ?
    They were possibly planned for base game release, but with the tight schedule EA nicely had for Maxis they had to leave it out. Like a lot of things. But that's just my guess. The closest thing to a restaurant in the game, is to go to the bar and order a gourmet meal of chips in a bowl.
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I guess my heart desires a little more.

TS2 really spoiled me when it came to making my own worlds. At times, I wish it never happened. Then I'd have nothing to miss or hopelessly look forward to.

I hope we do get template worlds from the Sims 2 back I prefered empty worlds where you could place all the lots trees ect. Also I wonder what hair styles they used on those 3 Sims lol now I own the game whenever I see that eyes puc I always wonder lol
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    ...and despite all of this, I find this game to be more entertaining than its predecessors. I find it weird when my babies turn to children, but I don't miss potty training or teaching them to walk. That was a lot of work. I prefer it this way. The towns are made this way so they don't kill a computer by being loaded in the background. It's not so bad when you think of all of the people who now get to play on slower computers.

Try a challenge or something. It spices up the game play!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    This is also what they confirmed to be in the base game.

New objects which do not appear on other games, examples are punching bags and tiki-styled objects
    Multitasking, such as drinking and talking at the same time
    Advanced options when choosing clothes and outfits
    Molding and sculpting the faces and bodies of Sims in Create a Sim
    More body shaping options, such as hip sliders
    Different accessories 'work' with any outfit and hairstyle
    Expressive Sims with different opinions that vary on personality
    Advanced Party options and possibly more 'alive' parties
    "Wild parties" with DJs and glowsticks
    Open restaurants

Hmm open restaurants,wild parties,dj's and single parties got cut.

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Ihope we do get template worlds from the Sims 2 back I prefered empty worlds where you could place all the lots trees ect. Also I wonder what hair styles they used on those 3 Sims lol now I own the game whenever I see that eyes puc I always wonder lol

No idea about the puck. I'd be happy with templates. I keep hoping.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    ...and despite all of this, I find this game to be more entertaining than its predecessors. I find it weird when my babies turn to children, but I don't miss potty training or teaching them to walk. That was a lot of work. I prefer it this way. The towns are made this way so they don't kill a computer by being loaded in the background. It's not so bad when you think of all of the people who now get to play on slower computers.

Try a challenge or something. It spices up the game play!

I tried to do a legacy for the first time ...
    But I stopped when my baby aged up to a kid.
    It was too weird. I want toddlers back and not just for legacy purposes.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cyron, Lucy Bradshaw is not new - she came in with Will Wright and has always headed Maxis in some way or manner. She is an original Maxis person.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Cyron, Lucy Bradshaw is not new - she came in with Will Wright and has always headed Maxis in some way or manner. She is an original Maxis person.

That reminds me, I saw Lucy Bradshaw on the credits for The Sims 2. As well as John Berges.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Wow... I forgot that message due to the sheer desire to learn everything about TS4 back then. It's kind of funny how the only thing different I can think that differentiates the world's innovation is the ability to switch lots from the gallery as your building. I do like that, at least...

Still, the funny points here deserve a proper chuckle.
    Mew-mew-pokemon-35593369-400-300.gif
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_nftx9pwgpT1sdqfba.gif
    I don't understand the gif.. What are you trying to show us? You should add some context to it.
  • SugarplumpkinSugarplumpkin Posts: 33 Member
    Lol LIARS
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    You know it's funny but I'd be perfectly fine if EA just abandoned sims4 and started sims5. But, I think to get the game we want (a functional sims3 with some of the depth and charm of s2 with some of new features of 4) we really would have to wait a decade for technology to catch up to our expectations.

I don't see sims4 ever becoming my game of choice. I still play s2 & 3 almost equally. I'm curious about 4, I like discussing it, but I think that's about it. I feel sheer indifference. The onset of s3 brought out my angry-passionate side, but sims4 just has me singing a chorus of "Let it Be." I plan on buy eps for it as long as I can get them on sale ($20 is my target price, maybe $30). I just hope that ten years from now we get something that knocks our socks off.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2014
    Okay she is not new, my apologies, but what difference does this make to the rest of my statement?

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.