Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to change to the TS3 Style Camera

2...Next

Comments

• Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    SlyBoots wrote: »
    I have switched to the TS3 camera but it's still terrible, it's sooo slow and you have to scroll loads to actually get anywhere! Edge scrolling is really dodgy too, if it were actually the TS3 camera controls it would be great!

I know change can be difficult but it shouldn't be this bad. I thought I was the only one having trouble with the camera controls. When I went from sims 2 to 3 I had trouble with the controls for maybe the first week. With sims4 it has been what, 8 weeks and I am still struggling.

I've had a difficult time adjusting to the new camera controls, especially after playing TS3 for so long, so I can relate to what you're experiencing. I decided to build for a while yesterday, mostly because I felt that I hadn't given myself enough time to become accustomed to the changes, and it's getting a little better for me. I'd forgotten that I can click anywhere in the world to manually maneuver/drag the screen to get a better view, but the zoom feature is harder to adjust than I feel it should be. I'm hoping for some changes in a future update.
  • JessyCremerJessyCremer Posts: 110 New Member
    Test
  • SelimaSelima Posts: 2 New Member
    Im surprised you dont know how to switch the controls.
    Well its in ((options)) under the (( controls )) category then click on the sims 3 camera or controls something like that and vuala xD
  • MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    Does anyone else not really notice much of a difference between the two or is it just me?
  • Sim4MatrixSim4Matrix Posts: 32 Member
    If I use the Sims4 or 3 it’s still very difficult to use the camera controls. The edge screen worked in 3, not so much in 4 with the banner at the bottom. That you can’t hide in BM.
  • AvileaAvilea Posts: 114 Member
    I switched to TS3 camera controls, but some controls are still missing I think. I can tilt the camera up and down, but I can't rotate left/right with CTRL+Arrow. Am I missing something?
  • MRSAMELLAMRSAMELLA Posts: 38 Member
    The camera is the hardest thing to get use to I think , It is not the same as Sims 3 I feel .. :'(
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    > @Avilea said:
    > I switched to TS3 camera controls, but some controls are still missing I think. I can tilt the camera up and down, but I can't rotate left/right with CTRL+Arrow. Am I missing something?

You're right that CTRL Arrow doesn't give left/right rotation but you can still use the < and > keys for that. You can also use the mouse for left/right rotation. Hold the middle button down or hold CTRL and right button, then drag.
  • DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    i agree with a previous poster that the edge scrolling is slow (in sims 2, you simply tapped the edge with the mouse and the camera moved, i liked that. sims 4 has a delay). Also, you cant edge scroll down because of the banner with all the sim info, but you could in previous games..
    giphy.gif
  • onlyincaonlyinca Posts: 26 New Member
    how do you tilt down with regular camera or is that only for sims 3 camera?
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Mauvee wrote: »
    Does anyone else not really notice much of a difference between the two or is it just me?

I notice, the default is way to difficult!! I prefer the sims 3 camera and the traditional social menu. I have both of those ticked in the options
    @onlyinca
    Tilting down is only for the Sims 3 camera controls. The only tilt for the Sims 4 camera controls is what you get from the zoom.
    @sketch793 With the zoom? I notice when u zoom it pan closer and more leveled to the ground. Is that it in terms of panning vertically for the regular camera?
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to pan vertically up and down?
    You have to use the TS3 camera controls if you want to pan up and down (tilt). The keyboard shortcuts are Ctrl-up arrow and Ctrl-down arrow but they only work with the TS3 controls.
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    I finaly got it to work
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    > @steve7859 said:
    > Mauvee wrote: »
    >
    > Does anyone else not really notice much of a difference between the two or is it just me?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I notice, the default is way to difficult!! I prefer the sims 3 camera and the traditional social menu. I have both of those ticked in the options
    I agree
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    It took some getting used to (versus the camera in Sims 1, the only other version I have played) but the default camera works fine for me. One thing I noticed is the "spin" feature, a lot like what people do on touchscreens. "grab" with mouse, "spin" let go, and the scenery spins a while more. Difficult to explain in written form, so I'll leave it at the touchscreen "scrolling" comparison.
    As for tilt.. I guess having never played TS2 or 3 I don't miss what I never used, but as I pan away from the characters or a room, the camera view becomes more and more "looking down" as you pan out, either with the mouse wheel or the keyboard arrow.

I may yet try the TS3 camera option, just to see what all the enthusiasm for it is about. I imagine that since they included a TS3 Camera option they also feel that the TS4 camera controls are somehow lacking.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Just to clarify, for S4, we included two different camera control options. S3 controls because so many players like them but also the new "simple cam" which a lot of our pre-release testing proved to be just as popular. Like I have said in other threads, everyone is different and we are trying to provide alternatives. You'd be amazed at how many people found the S3 camera too "difficult".
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top