Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing issue

Hello! I am trying to install the Sims 3, base game, on my Macbook. I am doing this through Origin and through a digital download. I have already downloaded the game and I click on install. I am then asked to copy the product key to paste in the install box when prompted. I can go through the first couple steps for install, until it asks for my product key. I past the key I was given, but I cannot hit continue. It is greyed out. I can go back. I have tried restarting and reinstalling to no avail. I do not get any errors on the product key, I just cannot continue. I am running Max OS 10.10 on a 2013 MacBook Pro 13'. I was able to download and run SimCity with no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Dexter_XBADexter_XBA Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2014
    If the "Continue" button stays grey you've entered an invalid product key. Try writing it down or copying it to Word/TextEdit when it's available to copy first and enter it manually when asked for it.
  • sayheysarahsayheysarah Posts: 5 New Member
    I have done this. I pasted it to a word file and manually typed it in. Nothing pops up saying it is invalid, but it is the exact key provided by Origin when I started the install.
    edited November 2014
    If you click on your origin game library (sims 3 -> right click -> game details) you can also view the product key. Is it the same?
    It is the same product key.
    Hm that's strange. Is it the first time you try to install the game with this code or have you installed the game previously on another machine with the same code?
    I have installed the game on my Windows computer with the same code and I used it years ago on a Windows computer.
    edited November 2014
    > @sayheysarah said:
    > I have installed the game on my Windows computer with the same code and I used it years ago on a Windows computer.

Afaik it's not possible to play the game at the same time on two different devices with the same EA Origin code. But as long as you don't use your Windows computer to play the game there shouldn't be any issues.
    But if that computer is not even on, it shouldn't be an issue to install? I understand not playing it at the same time. Is there a limit of installs you have for a code? The original install was used from the disc back in the day, like 2009. (whoa!) Then, a week ago I installed from origin, surprised to see it there period. Must have been because I registered it. I am waiting to chat with EA support, I just wonder if there is an issue with my product key or something else.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You can install the game on at least 5 computers. It sounds like there is a problem with the code. You will need to contact EA Customer Support for a new key to use. Register the code BEFORE you install the game. I think the old way has been disabled especially if the screen to register the code is grayed out.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    It doesn't pop up up telling you it's invalid, it's just stays greyed out. I had the exact same same problem and had to get a new code from EA live chat. Mine just stopped working for no apparent reason and I can't change the wrong code which shows up in Origin to the right code.

There was actually a new thread started on here last week about the same issue:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12997517/
    apple-signature.png