Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I like the game, but I'm really upset. (Not upset anymore).

kylrifflekylriffle Posts: 13 New Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't type really well, so don't mind the bad grammar, and if this topic is in the wrong place, I apologize.

I did not even want to post initially because of the backlash and jeering I know I will get from people who are holding their picket signs up. The rejection I feel inside is why I rarely post in the first place, but I need to get this off my chest and for someone to listen to me.

I love the smoother animations, the skills, CAS, and other things in The Sims 4. To the contrary of most, I don't mind the absence of CASt. Toddlers were really not a factor to me either. For those who wanted those things, I can understand the anger.

On the other hand, I do think that there should be more content, that the neighborhoods should be bigger. I deathly want the Slow Dance to return (as a hidden skill or something, I'll explain later) because that was, and still is, one of my favorite interactions in The Sims 2. But I understand that it's a base game, too, and along with the free content that we have been getting through patches, I'm sure things will be added in expansion packs. It won't be everything.

Is TS4 better than TS3? It is, and it isn't. TS4 looks better to me. The animations look better to me as I've said, and the children especially look so much more like children. In TS3, however, it had more to it in the base game. I'll be honest with that one, and the world was more open and connected. Overall, I lean to TS4 because I enjoy it more.

If you do not like the game, that is fine, don't buy the game or give it to somebody for a Christmas present. I don't need people screaming in my ear that "oh, the Sims 4 is bad and you should think it's bad, too".

I'm not a tush-kisser for EA or Maxis. Not even for the Gurus, who I actually feel bad for. They seem to work so hard, and get so much of the flack from us. A lot of big businesses tend to put money first over fans, and we do not know what's going on behind those doors. But as one who has played The Sims since the first one, I'm not going to be inclined to focus on just the bad things about a game that does not have all of its expansions yet. It's just the beginning.

So, there, and please do not curse at me. I'm having a bad day as it is.

EDIT: I'm not upset anymore. What happened was I read a few of these threads and I had to vent, so I apologize. I'll leave the thread open if anyone else wants to say anything, but I feel better. Thanks for reading and replying! :)
Post edited by kylriffle on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I listened, just so you know :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kylrifflekylriffle Posts: 13 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I listened, just so you know :)

Thank you.
  • tonichalouisetonichalouise Posts: 78 Member
    I prefer Sims 4 mainly due to the create a sim, however I preferred the open world and maps of Sims 3. The Sims 4 map feels really small in comparison
  • kylrifflekylriffle Posts: 13 New Member
    > @tonichalouise said:
    > I prefer Sims 4 mainly due to the create a sim, however I preferred the open world and maps of Sims 3. The Sims 4 map feels really small in comparison

I understand that one, and I agree with you. The maps do feel pretty small in TS4. I'm actually hoping that they at least add bigger worlds/neighborhoods as time goes on, but we'll see. :)
  • ScarlettFireflyScarlettFirefly Posts: 74 Member
    I personally think we should have gotten different seasons and pets with Sims 4. Maybe they can update the game and add them if people complain enough.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Your post is appreciated. :)
    All I need right now is for The Sims 4 to be patched in with Christmas-related content. That would be a Christmas miracle. :'(