Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    I do like the children in this game - options/animations/tasks/goals etc etc
    But I never play them, as there is no real reward for doing so :/ I like to be rewarded for my challenges - but for people who like to do as they please + pick traits it's perfect I guess. That's partly why I'm not fussed about toddlers anymore, as I'd never play them.

Same here I would a little bit, sometimes the direction your sim would go was family, so I tried to play it all out, but the toddler tasks were very tedious.

I like in this game how children are very free to do what you want with them and the child aspirations are fairly easy to obtain.
    What lacks to me in family play much more so then the no toddlers, is the lack of parent/child connection. They treat the child as a "good friend" you can prompt them to help with homework and stuff, but it doesn't have the same connection I felt in previous games.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would buy it for that price (I ended up paying full price)

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I would buy it for that price (I ended up paying full price)
    I'm sorry
    giphy2.gif
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    Thank you for your opinion everyone, I found some Lets Play videos on youtube, so will watch them and then decide.
  • Options
    shygirl wrote: »
    Thank you for your opinion everyone, I found some Lets Play videos on youtube, so will watch them and then decide.
    nun3.jpg
    My prayers have been heard.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2014
    May I recommend on top of watching Let's Play to watch https://youtube.com/watch?v=ohwbklm3w_E. He's a retro fan and has been playing since TS1, and when he broke down the good and bads of the game I believe covered everything relevant. On top of that he was fairly neutral in his final recommendation, neither "Definitely buy" nor "It sucks". Definitely a good watch that will tell you what to expect out of the new features and what to expect in regards to missing features.
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    Thank You HollowVoid, I will look at his videos too :)
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    Right now the digital deluxe version is on sale on origin for 34.99.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    Its on sale for 34 usd on origin for the thanksgiving/Black Friday Sale...pretty much would it should have been priced at in the first place. I think its worth that price. I don't think its worth the 60 that it usually is.
  • Options
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    Its on sale for 34 usd on origin for the thanksgiving/Black Friday Sale...pretty much would it should have been priced at in the first place. I think its worth that price. I don't think its worth the 60 that it usually is.
    A demo shouldn't even have a price at all.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    The game is on sale through Origin for $29.99 USD. <br />
    I've been a Sims player since June 2000. <br />
    I've been more of a family player, than anything else. I was never good at building houses<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for all the advice

They've done the children really well in this game.
    Have you forgotten to mention there are NO TODDLERS or did you do that on purpose?

I think it's fair to say that enough people have mentioned that there are NO TODDLERS in this game?
    I'm not quite sure about this. @Shygirl made this thread because she needed information. If she had done enough research already she wouldn't have created this thread in the first place. Also she says she is a family player. Would anyone of that kind buy Sims 4 if she knows it has no toddlers?

EDIT: I'm just back from another thread and it popped into my eyes. NO FAMILY TREES!

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2014
    I could have sworn I posted on this thread earlier, but if I did, I can't find it. Oh well.

ETA: Nevermind. I posted on another thread by a player who just got the game. Duh. It sucks to be old.

And since the OP of *this* thread has been given lots of advice, I won't add my two simoleans.

Happy Simming!
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    TCJG wrote: »
    Ya just buy it, the game is only going to get better.
    @shygirl: Please keep in mind that postings like this one from @TCJG lack of facts and are purely wishful thinking. No one knows yet if the game will get better and even if EA told us so we could not take that for granted. They just want to make profit and they would tell us any lie to get there.

EDIT: and what "better" means is a matter of taste at the end.

Well, to be fair, it really has nowhere else to go but up :) (maybe?)
    I can picture two directions. Either up or to Nirvana. *whistles innocently*
    Nah I don't want to be too negative.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2014
    I've been playing The Sims since the first one and I have felt that ever since EA took over you don't get what you pay for in the Sims franchise. However I am hooked (I guess we all have our drug of choice...lol) as it is the only thing out there like it. I love so many things about the franchise (probably the potential) but the execution has always fallen short of the promise and expectation for me. My big thing for all things sims is the glitches and bugs...patches that don't fix what I want and seem to add more problems.
    All that being said, I was a bit disappointed when I first got the game but the more I got into it the more I like it. The original price was WAY too much for what you got (yes I paid it...like I said; "drug of choice"). I think keeping in mind that it is a base game and (I think) there is still enough of a fan base that EA needs to cater too that on sale it might be worth it. I personally have been more pleased with the patch rate and quality with TS4 than previous installments. (I'm not giving credit to the pool patch because honestly that was just playing catch up and pools should have been there from the beginning...It's such a favorite of Simmers it should be a staple)
    The game brought some unique better quality social interactions that made me enjoy family play more than it's predecessors...even without the toddlers.
    Well, there's a brief take on my experience and opinion to add to your poll. If you do buy it, hope you enjoy it!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Sim4MatrixSim4Matrix Posts: 32 Member
    I’m still playing a lot more Sims 3. But I am having fun learning to build CC/MOD’s as we wait for the 1st expansion pack in February. :o
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I wish I'd waited until today. I got it in September for approx. £50 when I could have got it now for approx. £25 :\
    HSau :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It good and it has lots to do it keeps my interest until I buy other games I love too LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Honestly, for $30 it may be worth it. I wish I had waited. I am back to the Sims 3, but I did get a lot of play out of the Sims 4 before I got bored with it. And I'm still in these forums -- I'm hoping the next expansion pack has everyone saying, "Wow, okay, THIS is what was needed!" And if so, I'll get it when it goes on sale.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    You'd have more fun buying a weed whacker...
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    The answer is yes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    No, step away from the game
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

I know you're overstating that but its a little unfair. I mean the game isn't THAT bad . Do to the OP saying they like generational play i didn't recommend it since it lacks at the moment in that regard but thats not to say it wont improve. The other games in the series had flaws when they first came out too but they certainly improved over time so whats to say that wont be the case here ? Base games have always just been meh to me though .
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2014
    Origin MX

The Sims 4 US$17.49
    The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe US$22.49

If some one still want to buy this game, now is the right time. ;)

My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I know you're overstating that but its a little unfair. I mean the game isn't THAT bad . Do to the OP saying they like generational play i didn't recommend it since it lacks at the moment in that regard but thats not to say it wont improve. The other games in the series had flaws when they first came out too but they certainly improved over time so whats to say that wont be the case here ? Base games have always just been meh to me though .
    Munchie over exaggerates about everything. Don't take it personally. lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member

Actually I just bought a weed wacker a few weeks ago.
    It's quite a lot of fun in all honesty - but it cost me double to buy, and I can only play it when I have weeds :(
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.