Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Briarcliff Asylum

ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Over the course of, I'd say about 3 days, I tried my best to recreate American Horror Story's Briarcliff Manor Asylum from season two. Of course, I had to take quite a few creative liberties when building most of the rooms, since I didn't have much to go in terms of reference pictures. However, I think it came out pretty good, and I'm pretty proud of it. Let me know what you think! The lot is also up in the gallery for download so you can check it out for yourselves, ID ByondTime89 Here comes the picture spam, sorry in advanced, but Enjoy! ^_^

In total, the manor has about 17 bedrooms, 4 community bathrooms for the patients, 4 staff bathrooms attached to their bedrooms, a massive common room, a large kitchen with a dining area and 4 offices for the important staff members. I've kept the middle areas relatively blank so that you'd have room to add more things or rooms should you choose to do so. If you alter my build I'd LOVE to see what you've done~ So do let me know! :D Anyway, on with the spam!

The Front is pretty close to pictures I found of it:
11-26-14_4-12nbspPM_zps0b8f9a26.png

From the second floor looking down at the Mother Theresa statue (kinda, haha):
11-26-14_4-20nbspPM-2_zps20fcde2d.png

Security Office:
11-26-14_4-17nbspPM_zps99b99773.png

Don't touch the record player, in the common room, you'll get punished!:
11-26-14_4-16nbspPM_zps5cb74f60.png

Kitchen prep area:
11-26-14_4-17nbspPM-3_zpsd3ff962b.png

Dining room with separate tables for patients and staff:
11-26-14_4-18nbspPM_zpsb08afbc0.png

Bloodyface- I mean Dr. Thredson, the psychiatrist's, office:
11-26-14_4-18nbspPM-2_zps417a4fa8.png

Dr. Ardon's Office, complete with dissection table D: :
11-26-14_4-19nbspPM_zps6583ad6b.png

Sister Jude's Office, with her cabinet of assorted whips! >_< :
11-26-14_4-21nbspPM-2_zps3b910aa8.png

And now the creative liberties really take over with the bedrooms:

Dr. Arthur Ardon's room. Plants all over because he was doing gene splicing experiments on them, and I got the impression that he just liked gardening:
11-26-14_4-18nbspPM-3_zps7812a3e9.png

Guest/Dr. Thredson's room at the asylum. I know he had a house but this was for his stay at the manor:
11-26-14_4-20nbspPM_zps34249853.png

Sister Mary Eunice's Room. I chose reds and blacks because (spoiler) She was pretty much possessed throughout the whole series, so I found the colors kinda fitting:
11-26-14_4-21nbspPM_zps38b9cf15.png

Sister Jude's Room. I chose a mostly soft, white, palette because, although she wasn't without her sins and flaws, I felt that she stayed true to her faith in the face of evil.
11-26-14_4-22nbspPM_zps1a8fa8e3.png

And on the third floor is the patient's ward with: 5 Female rooms
11-26-14_4-22nbspPM-4_zps087caf9f.png

5 Male rooms:
11-26-14_4-23nbspPM_zpsd8594fd9.png

And 2 rooms for holding that perhaps might've been used for exorcisms at one point. Or even punishment, so again I used red:
11-26-14_4-23nbspPM-2_zps4ad370f0.png

Sorry for the picture spam! But I hope you liked it! ^_^ Let me know what you thought~
Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89

Comments

• luvtitanicluvtitanic Posts: 23 New Member
    Very creative! Your version of Briarcliff is so true to the original it's scary!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Your Briarcliff Manor Asylum looks great! :) It looks great how you have done the exterior of it! You have reflected in simform the inspiration building very well! It looks great how you have done the roofing and how you have placed the windows in the build! The textures of both the exterior and interior walls look great! Great layout and furnishing of the interior of the asylum. It sounds great that it has seventeen bedrooms in the home! The colours and textures that you have used through the build create an atmosphere that suits the place that you are doing a simform of. The security office is great. The noticeboard on the wall is a great touch there and it looks great how you have placed the chairs there for sims to sit and talk to the person who is sitting behind the desk. Great layout of the common room. It looks great how you have placed the seating there. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! It looks great how you have placed the counters there! The island row of stove and sink counters looks great! The teapot and mugs rack are nice kitchen touches on the counters in the rooms. It looks great how you have set up the tables and chairs in the dining room for the sims to enjoy sitting and eating their meals at. The wooden texture of the tables and chairs suits well the theme of the build. It lis great how you have furnished the bedroooms and used colours that you felt reflected the people who slept there.
    It is a great simform version of the Manor.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    luvtitanic wrote: »
    Very creative! Your version of Briarcliff is so true to the original it's scary!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you think so! That's really what I was hoping for! Especially since, when I first got the idea for the build and then started looking for references, there was pretty much nothing to go by. So I thought I was getting in way over my head! But as I was going through the manor, room by room, I just tried to envision what I remembered it felt like both for myself (seeing it) and for the characters. There's a lot more I wanted to add, especially for Dr. Ardon, with that secret tunnel where he transported the bodies to the woods to be eaten, but sadly no basements :(
    @rosemow

Thank you very much! I love your detailed response and I'm glad you liked it! I hope I did the eerie and horrifying place enough justice! I know some of the bedrooms for the staff are little more extravagant looking then I remember them to be, but at one point I kinda just went off of my impression of the character and I thought each room might represent them, rather than what the bedroom actually looked like. Otherwise I'd have a manor full of sparse and dark rooms! XD

Could be a great manor for those doing the Asylum challenge too~
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    Love love love!!!!
    Asylum is my fav series (so far) of AMH. You've done a great job creating Briarcliff.
    Love love love!!!!
    Asylum is my fav series (so far) of AMH. You've done a great job creating Briarcliff.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :) It was one of my favorite seasons as well
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I am not familiar with the tv series but I do like your architecture and the bedrooms looks great! :D
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    I don't know the tv series but you did a very good job.
    This is really scary !
  • AnarayneAnarayne Posts: 47 Member
    > @luvtitanic said:
    > Very creative! Your version of Briarcliff is so true to the original it's scary!

Agree!
  • jiriki42jiriki42 Posts: 17 New Member
    HeHe! I haven't watched American horror story but this is true to a psychiatric asylum. Good job!
    edited November 2014
    I don't know the tv series but you did a very good job.
    This is really scary !

That's what I was going for! :D Thank you~

@jiriki42 , @Anarayne , @superbibi11 , @yanti68

Thank you all very much~ ^_^ Also, Happy Turkeyday!
  • harry_dunkharry_dunk Posts: 1 New Member
    do you still have this up for download in the gallery, because I’m interested in getting this lot but I cannot find it, do u have a title of the lot on the gallery coz if you do it would be greatly appreciated!! :)
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hi, I think you're out of luck here as the thread has been quiet for quite a while. We'll close it as a necropost, please run over the rules here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946943/necroposting#latest

Thank you, and I hope you can find the content you're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top