Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims continue life after I save and exit

2...Next

Comments

• GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    This is something similar to me sometimes i comeback and my sim has more friends or the day has changed or something. It's very weird. and at times for instance all of my sims were sleep and then I saved and exit. I play again about 6 hours later and one of my sims went on the computer and the other was just sitting randomly in a chair...i don't understand lol
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    One scenario: If you save, exit, and then reload the game and return to the same family, they should be more or less where you left them. SG Graham said that during loading, about 5 Sim minutes pass while they instantiate the Sims. Sometimes the ones I left sleeping are standing by their beds, and the ones I left eating are standing by the table, but they usually resume whatever I left them doing without their help. If you happened to save and exit while your Sim was in labor and she was less than 5 Sim minutes from giving birth, I could see where she might give birth. Unattended births will result in a random name.

Another scenario: If you save, exit, and then reload the game and go to a different family, the last family you played will not freeze where you left them. If you return to them at about the same time of day as you left them, they may be doing similar things to what you left them doing. That's why I always switch families in the wee hours of the morning, when everyone is sleeping. If the last family you played had a pregnant Sim, she will give birth while you are gone and the child will get a random name. There is no way to prevent that.

Summary: If you want to be there for the birth, don't switch families while your Sim is pregnant, and don't save and exit when she's in labor.

Also make sure you age up your babies before you switch households or the babies will age up to children with a random trait. (They do in inactive households.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    This is the Sims forum not the Virtual Villagers forum. Sims don't do things when the game isn't loaded
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    This is the Sims forum not the Virtual Villagers forum. Sims don't do things when the game isn't loaded

So sayeth @Coffefreak4Life!

However, things *do* happen.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
    Jonalin wrote: »

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes, yes i do

giphy.gif

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes, yes i do

giphy.gif

You're wrong, but feel free to say whatever you like schaweetie ;)

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes, yes i do

giphy.gif

Tday3_zps00758527.png

ebf.gif
    edited November 2014

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes, yes i do

giphy.gif

Tday3_zps00758527.png

ebf.gif

Chillax darlin' ;)

Kidding aside, the sims do continue on (in a manner of speaking). The guru addressed this by saying SG Graham said that during loading, about 5 Sim minutes pass while they instantiate the Sims. in case you didn't see that part (it was part of a longish post). My sims definitely are not in the same place performing the same action when I reboot. Subtle differences, but they are not frozen in time.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    One scenario: If you save, exit, and then reload the game and return to the same family, they should be more or less where you left them. SG Graham said that during loading, about 5 Sim minutes pass while they instantiate the Sims. Sometimes the ones I left sleeping are standing by their beds, and the ones I left eating are standing by the table, but they usually resume whatever I left them doing without their help. If you happened to save and exit while your Sim was in labor and she was less than 5 Sim minutes from giving birth, I could see where she might give birth. Unattended births will result in a random name.

Another scenario: If you save, exit, and then reload the game and go to a different family, the last family you played will not freeze where you left them. If you return to them at about the same time of day as you left them, they may be doing similar things to what you left them doing. That's why I always switch families in the wee hours of the morning, when everyone is sleeping. If the last family you played had a pregnant Sim, she will give birth while you are gone and the child will get a random name. There is no way to prevent that.

Summary: If you want to be there for the birth, don't switch families while your Sim is pregnant, and don't save and exit when she's in labor.

^this^
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    edited November 2014
    My sims continue life even after I save and exit. I come back to play and my character has had a child and named it some weird name. Is there a setting that can be changed so that when you leave the sims stay in the last place you left them? Or is the game supposed to continue without you? And If It is supposed to continue after saving and exiting is there a way I can change my children's names upon my return?

I have noticed this too, especially after Ive actually shut my pc down. I always save then exit.

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes, yes i do

giphy.gif

Tday3_zps00758527.png

ebf.gif

Chillax darlin' ;)

Kidding aside, the sims do continue on (in a manner of speaking). The guru addressed this by saying SG Graham said that during loading, about 5 Sim minutes pass while they instantiate the Sims. in case you didn't see that part (it was part of a longish post). My sims definitely are not in the same place performing the same action when I reboot. Subtle differences, but they are not frozen in time.

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Key phrase loading screen . the OP is suggesting the sims runs when the game isn't up at all which is a major difference .

Key phrase loading screen . the OP is suggesting the sims runs when the game isn't up at all which is a major difference .

sideeye_zpscsrztvqo.gif

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Yes, people don't need to shut off their PCs because they think their sims are running. They are not.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    I knew they were alive and partying it up every time I exit the game!
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    So there is life after the "save and exit"...
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    So there is life after the "save and exit"...
    No, but there is a little randomization sometimes during "load".
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    At least no one died, good to know sims can live without us.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TheKarateKimTheKarateKim Posts: 1 New Member
    This is the same thing that is happening to me. I saved and exit the game, shut down my computer for the night. The following morning wake up and start the game and my Sim had twins and a new job without me doing anything. Please help!! Reading from the comments this can't be normal.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited April 2015
    This is the same thing that is happening to me. I saved and exit the game, shut down my computer for the night. The following morning wake up and start the game and my Sim had twins and a new job without me doing anything. Please help!! Reading from the comments this can't be normal.

What method are you using to save and exit? I highly recommend using Save As (you can save over an old game, it doesn't have to get a new name) and only when it's totally done saving, use Exit. The "Save and Exit" option has been glitchy in the past and might be again.

Also, were you starting in a different household than you ended with? Because in that case, you could be seeing 1 - normal birth (the game does not wait till you rotate back to a house for birth) and 2 - a current glitch in the job-allocation system that is including played Sims you've rotated away from. Both those things could have happened while you were playing a different household.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    Whenever I go back to playing there standing outside of their house with blank stares on their faces, even if last time I left them they were in the middle of doing something, there always standing outside of their house looking stupid. What the heck.

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    This is the beginning of TheSimspocalypse or more like EntertainmentArtspocalypse.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Shadow08Sims3Shadow08Sims3 Posts: 711 Member
    That happen to me too. I play my Sims and save it and exit the game and haven't play it for a while and I decided to play my game and my sims had a child and last I play with it. The wife was pregnant and their was a baby in the bassinets. My family had a child without me.