Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3, I'm coming home

Does anybody going to play sims 3 again (and probably forever?)

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    *raises hand*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm still playing TS3, well between that and TS2.
  • Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    I find the game too addictive to play and balance with a normal lifestyle most of the time, but I am playing a ton of it lately because my foot is broken and I can't work or anything.
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I haven't stopped playing TS3. I will likely play this version for as long as it works on my computer. TS4 just isn't for me and I have no clues which direction TS5 will move.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I would continue to play sims 3, but I always end up having crashing problems with it :( I'm playing sims 4 atm & even though I really love how the sims look in s4, but it's getting boring lol...I just got back from vacation & I haven't even touched the game at all...*sigh* I miss so much from sims 3 that isn't in s4 gaah, but I suppose only time will tell if we hear anything about an ep etc,etc
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I planned on playing both 3 and 4, but right now I just play 3.
    Don't know if I will forever though, that depends on (4...? and) 5.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Like many, I am still playing Sims 3. To solve your crashing problem, have you opened your computer case and blown out any dust around the fans? Have you checked your computer for viruses? Have you added ts3w.exe to your computer's DEP list? And, have you renamed your sims 3 folder (in your documents folder) to something like Sims 3 old? Sometimes a game will just get corrupted from too many file overwrites or doing things that the programs didn't plan well. For example, did you know that adding too many lots via the world editor can corrupt a game?

Anyway, when I have major crashing, I rename my sims 3 folder and then place in a copy of my fresh Sims 3 folder with installed store content and just start fresh. If that does not help, then I go looking for an update that messed with my game or a possible virus on my computer. If all else fails, I use compressed air to blow out the dust around the fans. Good luck.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Been there weeks ago.
    I am on a minor TS3 break as I try new games.
    I don't think The Sims 4 is in my future.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    I will be playing TS3 for many years. I really hate TS4 and never thought I would say that about a Sims game. I suppose that could change in the future with EP's but I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    TS3 is my game.

TS4 looks boring.
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't see myself stopping anytime soon
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

DarkMirage wrote: »
    I will be playing TS3 for many years. I really hate TS4 and never thought I would say that about a Sims game. I suppose that could change in the future with EP's but I seriously doubt it.

Can I get an Amen?!
  • Options
    roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    In the beginning, I pre-ordered The Sims 3.
    It's "over," and I am still playing it.

The Sims 4 looks nice and one day I will probably get it just because I have been a simmer since the Sims 1. But The Sims 3 has some features I really love that 4 is lacking.

I don't know if I could function not having an open world, story progression, and, yes, my toddlers. Oh, and I don't want to wait all over again for cats. I need cats. Lots of cats.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I still have loads of things to explore in TS3, so yes :smiley:
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Still playing TS3, haven't even tried TS4 yet. TS3 sounds way more interesting to me and has features I don't want to part with. Even if I ever get TS4 I think I'll always play TS3 too.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm sticking with TS3 for a long time even if I get TS4 soon because it's just a base game and I was just playing sims earlier.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    I go between TS2 and TS3 myself.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I've been away from the game for many expansions and stuff packs. Now that I have a little patch of time, I've been playing catch up in the past month or so with TS3. Luckily it's Black Friday sale at Origin and for less than the price of two worlds, I have been able to complete my expansion packs with the addition of four stuff packs I had lacked and one world (Roaring Heights).

I think many of us will go back to TS3 and TS2 as long as we have systems able to manage or emulate the 32bit resources it needs.

I hope your foot heals well, DeathJohnson. Have fun with your game.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    > @AstroX1424 said:
    > DarkMirage wrote: »
    >
    > I will be playing TS3 for many years. I really hate TS4 and never thought I would say that about a Sims game. I suppose that could change in the future with EP's but I seriously doubt it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Can I get an Amen?!

Amen! B)
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Again? I never left! Screw Sims 4. Unless they add toddlers, I'll stick with my pudding faces thanks.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Forever. The Sims 3 is still the most advanced Sims game yet.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    Never left sims 3 or sims 2. I didn't bother getting sims 4 because I knew from the start I would not like it.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    I'm sticking with my original plan, same I used for TS3. TS4 has one year to impress me, if I'm still not liking what I'm seeing, I stay with the current version. Right now, it looks like I'll be playing TS3 for a while longer than a year at the rate they're (not) progressing the game.

Regards,

Krammy
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I'll definitely stick with TS3 for as long as my computer will allow me. I have played a bit of TS4, and, to be honest with you, I'm not that impressed with it. It's okay, but it feels like they downgraded a bit. Maybe when they release a few EPs, I'll start playing it again.
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I am still playing TS3...I might complete the collection of worlds so that I have them all. I have a new computer on layaway because my current one won't support TS4. When I get that computer, I plan on putting TS3 and TS4 on it.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p