Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Don't Get Toddlers...

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    Honestly how could you not want toddlers..I mean look at them!
    Screenshot-54_zpsa8e0fa7a.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zps4000700c.jpg

You forgot to add the pics of them pooping screaming, and throwing tantrums like horrifying little monsters. Truthfully, there's nothing to like about them when they're like that.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited November 2014
    I really don't see myself buying any future EPs. Heck, I didn't even buy the Base Game--it was gifted to me by my sister. Since then, we've both stopped playing the game.

So freaking cute!!! <3
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, I will continue playing the game. It'd be cool if they added toddlers back, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't.
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    No. We need toddlers. And more stuff.

• abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    It really does come down to what type of things they put into expansions, stuff packs, and online Cash Shop. What it does to give the player more to do than repeating what it has now over and over, which is boring. Depends if OFB is fun without all the stupid quests (this game was never an rpg or MMO.. and there are better developers for those types of games).

I am NOT against toddlers and family, just seems silly to add them when all it does is give you a few moments of different before they grow up and have the same limited and repeated things to do.

I give up on this whole TS4 iteration if the OFB and other EPs have even more RPG/MMO plum 'quests' to do. No, my sims DO NOT want to sell X number of widgets to X number of people to have a successful store, etc. Ugh.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I didn't buy Sims 4 and if I did I wouldn't fund them further. They just try to see how little they can put in a game and how much they can charge for it. I'm actually done with EA games because none of their new releases even have a good reputation.

Dragon Age Inquisition :

giphy.gif

The Sims 4 :

tumblr_na8mn3N6tY1rfduvxo1_500.gif

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Right now, I'll take anything they give me
  • mellowyellow311mellowyellow311 Posts: 171 Member
    I got TS4 as a gift when it first came out and after having a few months with it I'm happy I didn't go out and buy it at release. I started with Sims 2 and after TS2 and TS3 TS4 feels so incomplete. With or without toddlers I know I won't consider buying any expansions for this game until they've been out a year or longer. With all the lets plays on youtube I'll really be able to see if the expansion appeals to me and get it on sale.
  • LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    I never really used toddlers as much as I should have. I did towards the release of the Sims 4 and just thought about how many features were missed out (in the Sims 3). I would definitely like them in the Sims 4 however.

I will no doubt buy the expansions because I "have" to. I have every single expansion and stuff pack because I wanted them all :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Actually the real OFB ep actually was designed like that in order to get a top rate business. So it was sort of goal oriented just with the way business worked.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2014
    Definitely no. I might continue playing the game as it is mostly for experimental purposes, but I'm not going to buy anything else regarding The Sims 4 until they patch a family tree and toddlers for free. I mean, I can play without toddlers. I got my Sims 3 toddlers anyway, but I need the generational gameplay and that should include them. It has to everything or nothing at all.
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'll be very happy - they were a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    But Generations added to what was already there. All that EP did was to enhance the life stages.

Well not exactly as new eps always have new animations and play. So it is a lot more than just sps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Since I've heard of the possible introduction of pre-teens, it would just seem so odd to go from baby to child to pre-teen to teen etc... all those phases now broken up without the toddler phase would just seem really strange to me.
    HSau :)
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    This is their chance to make people enjoy toddlers more. Toddlers are ages 1-3, and coming from a substitute daycare teacher, and someone who's babysat and helped babysit my mother before (she's a full time nanny), Toddlers don't cry as much as babies do.

So hopefully these toddlers do less crying and are able to be controlled more than S3 toddlers. If anything, it's the baby stage that does more crying ..
    LaAbby wrote: »
    This is their chance to make people enjoy toddlers more. Toddlers are ages 1-3, and coming from a substitute daycare teacher, and someone who's babysat and helped babysit my mother before (she's a full time nanny), Toddlers don't cry as much as babies do.

So hopefully these toddlers do less crying and are able to be controlled more than S3 toddlers. If anything, it's the baby stage that does more crying ..

The promise of aging them up is a great way to get me to enjoy them more :)

Don't get me wrong. I always played with my toddlers in S2. They just weren't my favourite. The demands are too high, just like real toddlers.
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    Maybe when they are in the bargain bin and after I see what they have to offer me. But not right away. I'm still mad about buying s4 in the first place. I only bought s4 because I said I would give it a chance even with the missing stuff because ea said they made up for the missing things. IMO ea lied. So I now have a $70 door stop that I will not invest any more money into until I get my money worth out of this over priced under developed base first.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited November 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The promise of aging them up is a great way to get me to enjoy them more :)

Don't get me wrong. I always played with my toddlers in S2. They just weren't my favourite. The demands are too high, just like real toddlers.

All they do is poop and eat like all the other sims. Lol forget what I said, they need help building skills ...

But I get it, all I want is for them to cry less. I did think they were annoying in S3. Hopefully there can be a nanny npc for service, not the lousy teenagers that stood all day at the door until the parent sim came. I was afraid my toddler was gonna die so I had to keep using cheats just in case ...
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member

Yes, they are cute in pictures, but after having reared three children myself, I distinctly remember the glorious day when they could read and fix their own breakfast and go to SCHOOL. I had the cutest kids I ever saw, but I also had to live with them. I sure don't want simulated toddlers. I am not that impressed with living toddlers. I see them, and think, "Pretty cute. Now take it away."
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    No and no. I'd rather play The Sims 5
    But I get it, all I want is for them to cry less. I did think they were annoying in S3. Hopefully there can be a nanny npc for service, not the lousy teenagers that stood all day at the door until the parent sim came. I was afraid my toddler was gonna die so I had to keep using cheats just in case ...

I don't know what they were like in S3, but in S2, there was no way in Tartarus they were going to sleep through the night. What bothered me most about the demands from them was my own RL babies and toddlers did sleep through the night. That's all I want from them, really. Just sleep through the night!
  • WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2014
    If the expansions interest me I'll buy them. Toddlers aren't a big deal to me since I'd age them up uber fast anyway.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2014

You forgot to add the pics of them pooping screaming, and throwing tantrums like horrifying little monsters. Truthfully, there's nothing to like about them when they're like that.

Well, that's your opinion..
    Personally I feel sorry for you..

p.s. There is secret to end those little tantrums.. Its called whip there a.🐸🐸🐸🐸! My child would only do it once.
    and I'm an adult I still poop and scream :p
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

Well, that's your opinion..
    Personally I feel sorry for you..

p.s. There is secret to end those little tantrums.. Its called whip there a.🐸🐸🐸🐸! My child would only do it once.

So child abuse . got it
    and I'm an adult I still poop and scream :p

You did that when they pooped? :o