Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch today!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I was wondering why my game was updating. YAY BUG FIXES!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yay, bug fixes. Now awaiting new bug reports. Game development is never easy. :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Ooooh 5 things fixed, another 15 broken.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Teens can't be pregnant anymore - LOL

No more teen pregnancy in the gallery
  • WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2014
    I haven't gallivanted through the gallery much yet, so I never knew that Sim teen pregnancy was a thing.

I blame the MTV.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @SimGuruGnome deserves a raise; I swear their patch release statements make me laugh when I read them.
    edited November 2014
    I haven't gallivanted through the gallery much yet, so I never knew that Sim teen pregnancy was a thing.<br />
    <br />
    I blame the MTV.

The most Downloaded Sims were pregnant Teens
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It looks like there's been an attempt at adjusting culling, but it's not clear to me whether or not it is just a two-generational fix.
    We fixed a bug where close family relationships were still getting pruned if they lived in different households. Previously, we were looking at each household individually, which was incorrect. For example, say you have a Sim with two children and one of them moves out. The second child then has a kid who also has a kid who also has a kid. Then the original Sim dies, but the child who moved out is still alive. That dead Sim should not be culled because he/she still has a living child.
  • WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    > @ImNoComedian said:
    > WhereAreMahPants wrote: »
    >
    > I haven't gallivanted through the gallery much yet, so I never knew that Sim teen pregnancy was a thing.

>

> I blame the MTV.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The most Downloaded Sims were pregnant Teens

This...depresses me slightly.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    @SimGuruGnome deserves a raise; I swear their patch release statements make me laugh when I read them.

They often make me laugh too, but for different reasons.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited November 2014
    None of the issues fixed have personally affected me but nice that we keep getting these patches. Now for a clever person to search the new game files for evidence relating to the Decemeber patch. There must be something???

Funny patch notes as usual. Hope you gurus are feeling healthy again. I haven't had a cold since like..January.
    they make me laugh so hard too...........
    giphy.gif

• JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Sigh, still no family tree lol. I had my hopes up when I saw my game updating.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

They often make me laugh too, but for different reasons.
    they make me laugh so hard too...........
    giphy.gif

Ok, I didn't say they were the biggest laughs, but I still appreciate the pure irrelevancy that they inserted into official release notes.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I love our Guru's sense of humor, glad to come back to some updates.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    One of my favorites:
    The game will no longer fail to save if you have over (Step 1: Face computer. Step 2: Place fingertip marked A next to lip corner marked B. Step 3: Say clearly but elongate the quoted phrase) "1 million" satisfaction points.

dr-evil.jpg

And they fixed the door bug! Yippee! B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Teens can't be pregnant anymore - LOL

No more teen pregnancy in the gallery
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    * Children and Teens can no longer be modified with the sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3 cheat.

Thank you devs.

Amen!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope they cleared all the previously altered Sims out of the Gallery. Maybe even suspended some of the worst offenders so they have a "time out" from posting to the Gallery.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Thank you, now I don't have to make a duplicate thread. See ya'll doing a search or scanning the threads keeps there from being multiple threads on the same topic. Easy Peasy!!!!!!
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I notice most of the fixes were for the pool patch instead of some of the older bugs. :/
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    It looks like there's been an attempt at adjusting culling, but it's not clear to me whether or not it is just a two-generational fix.
    We fixed a bug where close family relationships were still getting pruned if they lived in different households. Previously, we were looking at each household individually, which was incorrect. For example, say you have a Sim with two children and one of them moves out. The second child then has a kid who also has a kid who also has a kid. Then the original Sim dies, but the child who moved out is still alive. That dead Sim should not be culled because he/she still has a living child.
    I think it basically means they fixed the disappearing tombstones.
  • simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    Yay, now I can roam the Gallery without coming upon pregnant teens and children! :smile:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    "Pool ladders have an interaction "Get In" that you can choose when clicking on them. Now, when you choose that action, it will do something.
    " that's weird, when I click on the pool ladder there is no interaction...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    **If a Sim decided to cancel their adventure in the Forgotten Grotto to go swimming, the Forgotten Grotto would forget that Sim existed, preventing them from adventuring within her forgotten realm. We have spoken to the Forgotten Grotto, explaining that the pool is just another place that Sims want to go, that they have not forgotten the Grotto, they will return once again, but that the Forgotten Grotto can’t forget them, and they must be allowed once again to enter the Forgotten Grotto, lest they be forgotten and thusly forget the Forgotten Grotto. The Forgotten Grotto, jealous... yes. But also forgiving**

Love this lmao
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Oh thanks for this, had no idea there was going to be a patch today.