Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Bad Launch for EA

mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
Has anyone bought and played Dragon Age Inquisition? I did and it's a great game, when I can get it to work. So far I have 12 hrs into the game and it has crashed on me 5 times. Some can't even get into the game and many of these problems should have been picked up in beta. A large portion having issues, me included, are related to Nvidia cards, though some AMD users getting the same issue. BF4 had issues similar to the ones being experienced in DAI. The link between the two games is the Frostbite 3 engine that is used. Makes me wonder if these issues can even be fixed?

Sims City, BF4, Sims 4, and not DAI. All lack luster launches. From this point on I'm done with all EA products. It's clear they don't properly test their products before release. Profit above all else for them.

If your thinking about getting it, wait until they have these game breaking bugs fixed. By then the price will probably be down. At the rate people are dropping the game, it won't be long. They can't rely on modders to fix the problems like they have with some of their other games, since the game is almost impossible to mod so you have to rely on Bioware to fix it.

The game is beautiful to look at, the lore is great, and the fact that you can import your story from the the first two installments into this game is awesome, but the bugs make the game a either impossible to get into or an effort in frustration if you do get into the game.

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    No offense but I have no sympathy for anyone who knows EA's track record and expects anything different without EA having even proved by actions that they changed for the better. What do you (plural) expect? Because I expect the same old, same old. Consumers complain yet they still buy anyway so what's the point? I really don't understand. You (plural) support and condone this behavior of EA all the time since whenever it began.

I'm only interested in TS Series and they messed that up so that is where I draw the line and say I'm not supporting a company like that until they change their ways which seems so far fetched that it actually seems impossible. Hey, consumers put up with it so who cares to fix the business model? Just rush everything out the door with way too many problems than need be. Because as the CEO of EA said, "The biggest complainers are the biggest supporters." Consumers have no one to blame but themselves. You all allow it time and time again.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'm not one to debate, nor to start a never ending fight, but I honestly am sick and tired of people dissing EA. I may not know every single game that they made with shoddy workmanship against the ones that actually work well, but you all forget some things. First is that people make mistakes. I can't really elaborate on that, but its inevitable because the world is not perfect. Second is that no matter how you slice it, the games that come out won't be this bug-free/glitch-free/crash-free perfect game. It amazes me that people think this way because its impossible. You might say "well they need to test the game out more" or "they should have coded like 'X' instead of like 'Y'", but really? The fact is that this is for multiple computers........all kinds with all different working parts....ect. So how can they achieve a perfect game that won't crash/glitch/bug out when they only program/play it on their computers that may only be one type of computer. Third, and finally, is if you aren't prepared for the life of a gamer, then youre in for a huge disappointment. The life of a gamer means going through the muck before finding a game that you like and click with.

I get it that if EA is to succeed, then they need to produce games that work on every computer out there. This is something that they need to consider, on the flip side, because of people's unhappiness with the game not running right. I feel as though, if they are going to put out these games, that once you identify the reason for the game not working correctly that they ought to really try hard with you to fix it. If it can't be fixed, I feel like they ought to have a return policy for it even if you play it. Provided of course the reason for it. If its because your machine is just not up to snuff (don't have the right requirements), then that's when they can deny you of getting your money back. BUT if they can't find a solution for you.........and if that solution doesn't work.........and you still have issues upon them patching the game, they should have a policy that will allow you to get money back.
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I'm not one to debate, nor to start a never ending fight, but I honestly am sick and tired of people dissing EA. I may not know every single game that they made with shoddy workmanship against the ones that actually work well, but you all forget some things. First is that people make mistakes. I can't really elaborate on that, but its inevitable because the world is not perfect. Second is that no matter how you slice it, the games that come out won't be this bug-free/glitch-free/crash-free perfect game. It amazes me that people think this way because its impossible. You might say "well they need to test the game out more" or "they should have coded like 'X' instead of like 'Y'", but really? The fact is that this is for multiple computers........all kinds with all different working parts....ect. So how can they achieve a perfect game that won't crash/glitch/bug out when they only program/play it on their computers that may only be one type of computer. Third, and finally, is if you aren't prepared for the life of a gamer, then youre in for a huge disappointment. The life of a gamer means going through the muck before finding a game that you like and click with.

I get it that if EA is to succeed, then they need to produce games that work on every computer out there. This is something that they need to consider, on the flip side, because of people's unhappiness with the game not running right. I feel as though, if they are going to put out these games, that once you identify the reason for the game not working correctly that they ought to really try hard with you to fix it. If it can't be fixed, I feel like they ought to have a return policy for it even if you play it. Provided of course the reason for it. If its because your machine is just not up to snuff (don't have the right requirements), then that's when they can deny you of getting your money back. BUT if they can't find a solution for you.........and if that solution doesn't work.........and you still have issues upon them patching the game, they should have a policy that will allow you to get money back.

I don't care whether you are sick and tired of me and/or others who speak their minds. I say what I say because that's what I observe and it's so illogical to me of why anyone that knows about EA would expect anything better. If consumers all united then maybe we could actually help change EA in a positive direction for both customer satisfaction and make more money for EA than just EA being in business just for money. It's no different than why some voice their constructive criticism of TS4, so in hopes it gets attention and seriously thought about on how to really give consumers what they want and not what EA wants.

But of course to be honest, I've lost all hope for EA...especially when the CEO thinks of consumers the way that he does. But you know what? It's true and so many prove him right time and time again. That is why EA never changes, because their ill business model works. All thanks to who? Consumers.

Now as far as glitches, well that's common sense all games have them. Duh. It's not so much the glitches at all that's troubling, it's how EA handles it that is. My experience is with TS3 so that's where I get my personal experience from. I just expect better since EA keeps throwing around best selling PC game. Cause if that was the case then why is the development team so small for a game of this nature? Why do the resources seem so limited to a point The Sims will never reach its fullest potential?

If I have no hope in EA then why do I even speak up? Because I can and I will when I'm moved to say what's on my mind. As long as I'm not breaking any forum rules, then anyone who disagrees and can't handle my observations/opinions can easily skip over all posts of mine/ignore. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    "I don't care whether you are sick and tired of me and/or others who speak their minds"

To the response of the above.........its not all about you first and foremost. Not only that but I did NOT mention about people speaking their minds.......I said "dissing EA". Two totally different things........speaking one's mind is not the same as dissing someone just to dis them. Speaking one's mind means that you are using constructive, positive, criticism to help/put your two cents in to any subject/to anyone.

"Now as far as glitches, well that's common sense all games have them. Duh. It's not so much the glitches at all that's troubling, it's how EA handles it that is. "

You may not like how EA handles it, but in all honesty they have millions of games out and everything. They can't run off to every little minute problem and fix it til it works and let the other games go......they have a system for everything in order to run the company in a smooth manner. Yes, there are some bugs/glitches that have taken them forever to patch up, but in the grand scheme of things their work load is gigantic. I cut them SOME slack at least where that is concerned. If I don't like it, I go to a different game or better yet go do something else. Yes, I agree that their system is somewhat lacking, but still.....they do the best they can with the man power that they have. And how are you not surprised at this when you know very well, cause I am sure that most people have worked retail before, that this is exactly how companies work. Its the age old answer to an age old question "why hire more people when we can scoot by on the amount of people we have so far?". If they can get away with less, they will.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    EA is way beyond making mistakes, I doubt they care anymore. People keep buying their games since they are often the only company making a very specific type of game, such as Sims. I've learned my lesson so I no longer buy any EA games and I'd advise everyone to do the same, the amount of bugs in EA game are inexcusable.
    @Bear31 If you and others want to cut EA slack then be my guess.

I'm having fun playing other games both old and newly bought such as The Vanishing of Ethan Carter which I'm about to go play now. So TS future is something I can easily forget and move on since it no longer interests me. I have TS/TS2/TS3. All good things must come to an end.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I'm preloading it - praying it is fine for me. It goes live in 3 hours.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    I was waiting for reviews before I even think about purchasing it.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    There's tons of official review all grouped here (PC version):
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition
    plopppo wrote: »
    There's tons of official review all grouped here (PC version):
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition
    Thanks. ;)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    @Bear31 - the problem is titles produced under EA (e.g. EA defines the budget, sets the goals, sets the rules etc) just seem to have a much higher rate of either failure or not living up to expectations. This has become quite noticeable over recent years.

In the 90's I'd get excited when I spotted the EA logo. Now I wait a few weeks for reviews, and often try to find games at sale price. Where as companies like Naughty Dog and Rockstar, I'll pay full retail and have them on preorder.

Whether or not that is fair is up for debate, but a lot of us seem to have this same opinion. It's not limited to the Maxis label or people on this forum. If I talk about an upcoming EA game I'll get chuckles/eyerolls - but if I say "Rockstar is bringing out a new..." I'll get eyes wide open.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    @Bear31 - the problem is titles produced under EA (e.g. EA defines the budget, sets the goals, sets the rules etc) just seem to have a much higher rate of either failure or not living up to expectations. This has become quite noticeable over recent years.

In the 90's I'd get excited when I spotted the EA logo. Now I wait a few weeks for reviews, and often try to find games at sale price. Where as companies like Naughty Dog and Rockstar, I'll pay full retail and have them on preorder.

Whether or not that is fair is up for debate, but a lot of us seem to have this same opinion. It's not limited to the Maxis label or people on this forum. If I talk about an upcoming EA game I'll get chuckles/eyerolls - but if I say "Rockstar is bringing out a new..." I'll get eyes wide open.
    I agree with this 100%.

I just used the refund option that Origin (has for the first time) - they refunded me straight away.

Basically, although it looked okay graphically, it was just boring to play - the long dialogue trees were doing my head in. Bioware have still not realised how to do these dialogue, so I took a refund - plus, it IS a console port - you only have to look at the PC audio options to see this thing is screaming console port.

I got by £49.99 back straight away.
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Let me clarify something in my original post, I have the PC version of the game. This is the version that is having most of the problems. There are problems on console as well, but the game breaking bugs are on the PC. It's also one of the worst ports from console to PC I have played yet. It seems that Bioware has given PC users the middle finger on this one. I have a feeling after this, Bioware won't bother with anymore games for the PC. If they went that route it's fine by me.

I don't own a console and never will. They are so much more limited in what you can do with a game than when designed for a PC. Great games designed for a PC are becoming a thing of the past and so is my hobby of playing them.