Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is it that you DO love about TS4?

We all know what's lacking from TS4, actually, it seems that we notice more and more things as time goes on (or at least I read more and more things that I didn't even notice first but now I miss), and it's sad.

But what are the things that TS4 DID bring, and you REALLY love? It can be features that only TS4 has, or things they kept from the previous games, etc.! [I mean, other than the obvious features LOL]

For me, it's the houses in the background, the ones in Willow Creek when the ship passes I just ahhhhh.... I have already taken a zillion snapshots of it - in different daytimes - and have set it as my wallpaper and I'm thinking of putting it in a real life picture frame and hanging it on my wall, not even kidding.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love the way the sims look and fit in their world. I love the look of the world. I love the build mode. I love their autonomy, (and I always have played all series full autonomy). I love their multi-tasking. I love the "look" of this iteration.

• Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2014
    - The whole look of the game, to me, is very vibrant. Really like it.
    - Various facial expressions and overall liveliness of my Sims.
    - Gardening is much easier this time around. For me, anyway. I was pretty darn excited to find out I could just evolve plants instead of having to plant different qualities of seeds. (Was "evolve" possible in the previous ones? I guess I gave up on gardening pretty quickly, lol.)
    - Emotions are snazzy. I hope they add more in the future and build on ones currently in the game.
    - The different walks add some pizazz. I find myself using the feminine one often. You go, gurrrl!
    - Rockets make me happy.
    - I actually build houses now that don't end up with weird gaps or holes or having overall wonky issues.

There's plenty of other stuff I enjoy, too. Figured this was a good starter list.
  • Options
    DazleneDazlene Posts: 163 Member
    the body movements to me r awesome from walking to dancing and the flirty movements lol love em
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I love how the kids turned out. They're really cute and fun to play. Oh! I also love the multitasking, and the scenery.
  • Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    How could I forget multitasking!? So glorious.
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    I know there are things lacking, but the things they did put in are FULL of detail. Like the food options. I love making different kinds of cakes for my sims!!! I also love the graphics.
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2014
    I love the short loading time upon starting up the game, and not having to wait for a launcher to load. Sometimes with TS3, by the time it loaded, I wasn't in the mood to play anymore or had to go do something else. I also like the new emotions system, with its associated actions and interactions, and the multitasking.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    AlmaMM wrote: »
    We all know what's lacking from TS4, actually, it seems that we notice more and more things as time goes on (or at least I read more and more things that I didn't even notice first but now I miss), and it's sad.

But what are the things that TS4 DID bring, and you REALLY love? It can be features that only TS4 has, or things they kept from the previous games, etc.! [I mean, other than the obvious features LOL]

For me, it's the houses in the background, the ones in Willow Creek when the ship passes I just ahhhhh.... I have already taken a zillion snapshots of it - in different daytimes - and have set it as my wallpaper and I'm thinking of putting it in a real life picture frame and hanging it on my wall, not even kidding.

I love that it's not TS3.

On a serious note:

I love the:
    • backgrounds
    • Build mode
    • Lighting options that I can use to manipulate how colours show in my game
    • Multitasking
    • Socializing
    • Branching careers
    • Rotational play in real time
    • CAS
    • Wall and pool heights
    • Adjustable foundations
    • Adjustable placement of wall objects
    • The cute and charming graphic style

The only thing I find I'm missing more as time goes on are the two things I thought I wouldn't miss. It's toddlers and family trees.

The things I've gotten over that are missing and I thougt I wouldln't be able to get over are the large hoods, lot placement, terrain/pond/puddle editing, and the ability to fake a basement.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    AlmaMM wrote: »

I love that it's not TS3.

Me too! And I do not want to see 4 turned in to 3 all over again. I want 4 to be 4. I want it to be different. And I want to see where it goes in terms of what the devs saw and see that we don't/can't right now
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Everything.
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    > @Trashmagic said:
    > I love how the kids turned out. They're really cute and fun to play. Oh! I also love the multitasking, and the scenery.

Hahahha yes oh my god, in Sims 3 I really loved kids' voices, and then I heard them in TS4 and I was absolutely disappointed, but by now I grew accustomed to it, what's more, I grew to absolutely love it! (I don't want them to turn into teens! T_T)
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I like a lot of stuff but one of the main things is genetics. The sims have never looked so pretty & distinctive.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > * Lighting options that I can use to manipulate how colours show in my game
    Do you mean changing the light of the lamps? Because I haven't found any other lighting options yet :o
    > * Branching careers
    Ah yes, I just experienced this with one of my sims and I was so shocked and excited!
    > * Rotational play in real time
    What does rotational play mean? Do you mean that unlike TS3 now the households' time-flow doesn't affect other households?
    > * Adjustable placement of wall objects
    Ah yes, although I do find some frustrating things about it, such as not being able to place something directly next to the wall if it's in a half meter proximity of a lamp and stuff. Of course I'm exaggerating, but sometimes I really hate it that I have to put my lamps almost onto the ceiling if I want to put items next to the wall.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    "AlmaMM wrote: »
    Ah yes, although I do find some frustrating things about it, such as not being able to place something directly next to the wall if it's in a half meter proximity of a lamp and stuff. Of course I'm exaggerating, but sometimes I really hate it that I have to put my lamps almost onto the ceiling if I want to put items next to the wall.

Yeah. It has to be within one square. Not all items apply and some of the ones that do make no sense, like some of the curtains can't be placed next to stairs or near some objects. *shakes head*

Never said the game was perfect and I recall running into these issues in previous games. Just wish they would have finally found a workaround for it. :\
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Me too! And I do not want to see 4 turned in to 3 all over again. I want 4 to be 4. I want it to be different. And I want to see where it goes in terms of what the devs saw and see that we don't/can't right now

Exactly. S3 is S3. 1 is 1, 2 is 2, et cetera... I want 4 to just be 4.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    The sims. The look of them, the walk styles, the animations, The certain quirks different sims have. The interesting things they do when you take your "hands off" and let them roam free has opened up the sims game in a whole new way to me.

And I figure as long as I enjoy my sims, I can wait for whatever other features they add down the road, and do without any they don't add. :)
  • Options
    EcongEcong Posts: 42 Member
    I love a lot of things about sims 4 and I want it to be different from the sims 3 too. I love the gallery, CAS, the graphics, multitasking, etc and one thing I love about the game that must continue being like this is the travel between worlds!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I clicked on this thread and I won't leave till I can think of something I actually like about this game...

It's hard :(

Does this one count? I like that Sims 4 made me appreciate Sims 2 and 3 more.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I clicked on this thread and I won't leave till I can think of something I actually like about this game...

I couldn't help but notice how much more popular The Sims 3 has become lately. Its funny because never before in history has a predecessor become more popular AFTER a new game has come out. Funny world we live in
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2014
    I rode the bandwagon on hating the Sims 4 when it was launched but when my Sim had 2 kids I honestly loved it.

Even though emotions have a lot of room for improvement, I love how I get to see my Sims smiling, in pain, tense (however I hate confident and especially that penguin walk. When I need to pee, I RUN; not do a penguin walk!)

Also the biggest thing for me was that, in real life I would go down to the Music building in my university to study for classes. However, there's this guy who is always playing his guitar and it actually helped me focus (not a pun) on my math problems. One day I logged on the Sims 4 and one of my Sims starts playing the exact same song this "guitar guy" played, and he looks almost the same : blue eyes with brownish blonde hair. I could see this guy in the music building really loved his guitar and music, and I saw the same in my Sim.

A bit creepy but it's the realistic (and highly coincidental) relation between a Sim and some real life person that made me love the Sims 4.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    Things I love about TS4:
    -The graphics
    -The emotions
    -CAS
    -Build mode
    -Many options of showering and working out
    -Gourmet Cooking Skill and tons of yummy new recipes
    -Multitasking
    -Cowplant :mrgreen:
    -More challenging bills
    -The interactions you can have with stuffed animals
    -The writing career (lots of different genres and being able to self-publish your book)
    -The hidden lots (I haven't gone to them yet but they sound awesome)
    -So many ways of death yet it's not super easy to kill your sims
    -Ghosts
    -Pools
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    -Build mode, adjustable walls and foundations. Curved foundations look great. Great tools for building a roof. Even I can make cool ones and i'm not a great builder.

-CAS, the Sims look better than they ever have and the click and drag sliders are sooo convenient.

-The overal polished look of the world map and the scenery around the lots. Even CAS looks polished and slick.

-Emotional buffs and mutlitasking add a lot of convenience and charm to the game.

-More realistic community lots. I've mentioned in another thread how the lack of Sims on a community lot used to really bother me. That's not a problem in this game as at any time there's always a decent number of people there and it feels populated which is something that really lacked in the Sims 2.

-Humour, i've had a giggle many times at some of the little quirks they've put in the game. I also think the music and tv stations are entertaining.

-Much better placement options for objects. I like how objects can fit together and be more compacted. I like the cluttered look and I often litter my kitchen counter tops with random stuff. In previous game it was less realstic looking with space required for even small things. I also love being able to adust wall hangings in terms of height.

-The artist table for kids. It's great that they can draw pictures which become hangable on walls. I love that sort of thing.

-The way some of the curtains blow a little against windows. I wish more curtains did it.

I can probably list a bunch more if I really think about it.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I love CAS and building!
    He/Him
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

How about... everyday clothing as maternity wear? No more being stuck in the same few ugly outfits just because you got knocked-up.
    How about... the search function in buy mode? If I could port that sucker over to TS3 I'd be a happy camper.
    I dug deep, c'mon Bon, you can too!

Think positive

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

How about... everyday clothing as maternity wear? No more being stuck in the same few ugly outfits just because you got knocked-up.
    How about... the search function in buy mode? If I could port that sucker over to TS3 I'd be a happy camper.
    I dug deep, c'mon Bon, you can too!

Think positive

Maternity wear never bothered me much, I usually ignore the pregnant sims because their duck walk annoys me.
    The search function -meh
    Hhahah see I really can't find anything I really like.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    ok... how about that it doesn't eat up hours of your day at a time? That you can pull yourself away to clean a litterbox or wash your socks?