Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I seriously think that its time for the sims game to evolve and lose the simlish and use real langua

Hello to all,

after nearly 20 years of the sims game i seriously think thats its time for the sims games to evolve and lose the simlish language by using real language like french form french players english ect as i fine that as a simmer simlish language is nothing and after 20 years the sims game should use real language.
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited November 2014
    The sims started in 2000 I think. As I can't understand what they're asking I have to pay attention to their needs and what's happening around them, this helps keep the game interesting.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Disagree. I like the simlish just fine.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I'd rather have new game content than lots more money spent on voice talent to localize the game's speech into umpteen different languages.

I agree. Also the amount of time and effort just going in to making real conversations that didn't feel repetitive would be enormous, and there are slightly better places to allocate that resource (if it was available).
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    I hope Simlish never goes away, which I doubt it would. It allows players to be extremely creative in their game and allows for more fun.
  • Options
    CarnieCarnie Posts: 1,237 Member
    It's one of the most well known things about the game. Absolutely not.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    It has been explained a million times why this would be unworkable and a bad idea for several reasons. Why do people keep bringing it up?
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    It would be inrecidbly repetative and boring to hear them say the same thing over and over. With simlish we can IMAGINE what they're saying which makes for much more fun gameplay. If we already know what they're going to say then how are we suppose to make our own stories?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    tabarnaque non se n'est pas une mauvaise idee vous ne pensez meme pas pensez il n'y as aucun dialgue le dialogue es nul et nous ne comprenon pas les besoin de nos sims alors que avec un veritable language nous pourrions savoir leur besoin veritable
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    TheTwinSimTheTwinSim Posts: 8 New Member
    There's bigger problems in Sims
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    lol....no
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I much rather keep the Simlish in the game. It's more fun- imo. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Never. Simlish is not only iconic to the game, but it makes sence not to have a single language that sims speak, I mean english is NOT by any means the only dialect on earth!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    This will never happen. Why do people keep asking?

Sims wouldn't be Sims without Simlish.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    As has been said before using real language wouldn't work for the exact fact that people would know what they're saying.

With simlish they can repeat lines and nobody minds because it doesn't actually mean anything to begin with and most people wouldn't even notice becuase it is pretty much just gibberish. As such it gives the idea of langauge without having a massive voice acting requirement for the game.

To add actual languages they would have record lines for every interaction in every language, and eventually when sims start repeating the same lines over and over again it would get annoying (such as the numerous memes from other games such as arrow in the knee). This would take a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of effort to accomplish while at the same time adding almost nothing of actual value to the game and causing some people to feel left out if their language doesn't get featured.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I'm sorry but I love the Simlish! To me it's integral to the game.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Hello to all,

after nearly 20 years of the sims game i seriously think thats its time for the sims games to evolve and lose the simlish language by using real language like french form french players english ect as i fine that as a simmer simlish language is nothing and after 20 years the sims game should use real language.
    Do you have any idea how boring and repetitive that would be?

He/Him
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Comensnada????
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    Ummm No! Simlish is the heart and soul of The Sims Series!