Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The holidays........come and share yours!

Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
So we reach that time in our lives where things get a bit more hectic, nerves are shot or being stepped on, drama ensues, ect. So, I have decided that if anyone needs someone to share their woes/concerns/happy times/ect with, you can share it here!! :) We will listen and be very respectful and help celebrate with you/give helpful solutions to issues brought here.

Today for me, is a busy one. I actually need to get my butt out the door to go deal with all my stuff from the storage place. I am revamping not just my wardrobe but the stuff I have collected through the years of my being in a place that I haven't been in since 2011. Wardrobe actually comes in later........next week actually..........but right now, its my stuff from the storage place. Its hard, especially with the books cause I love to read and all. There are just some books though that need to go. That I know I won't read anymore or don't think I will read any more. It's not so overwhelming to be honest cause I have just only two to three boxes left to go through. Then I am going to be rearranging stuff so that they all fit in the plastic bins I have cause I have room for those in my closet.

As far as the holidays are concerned though, Thanksgiving won't be too bad as I really don't cook with Mom........I just have to show up. The real issue is getting started on my holiday shopping. I'll just have to bear down to do it at some point. On Thanksgiving though, I will be celebrating with my Mom and Dad and then with my work as well since I have to work.

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    As a canadian

I went to work

Ate food

Slept

No specific order

TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    The real issue is getting started on my holiday shopping. I'll just have to bear down to do it at some point.

Hahahaha, I get it! Because you're a bear! xD
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I don't get this Thanksgiving racket.

It's like, in the USA only, they celebrate Christmas a month early - then have Christmas when everyone else do.

Typical.
  • Options
    Wait a minute - Canadians do it too!
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited November 2014
    plopppo wrote: »
    Wait a minute - Canadians do it too!

Nope, we do Thanksgiving and THEN Christmas.......we don't have Christmas twice.......it may seem like it though since everyone starts in on the Christmas chatter right after Halloween though........As for Canada, they have Thanksgiving REALLY early.......
  • Options
    This is a Thanksgiving meal:
    thanksgivingdinner.jpg

There are hundreds of these types of pictures.

You deffo get Christmas twice.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    edited November 2014
    plopppo wrote: »
    I don't get this Thanksgiving racket.

It's like, in the USA only, they celebrate Christmas a month early - then have Christmas when everyone else do.

Typical.

in the usa we only have one Christmas in december either kwanzaa o Hanukkah depending on your religion , and thankgiving 4th thursday of november.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    So we reach that time in our lives where things get a bit more hectic, nerves are shot or being stepped on, drama ensues, ect

I thought you were talking about the forums :p

My Daughter is having Thanksgiving at her house, so all my kids will be there. I told them they need to get together and start making the holiday memories together because my family (brothers) don't get together anymore due to differences?
    I am going to try to pop in, doubt my husband will go though.

We (husband and I) will have our own little Thanksgiving Dinner, for the first time in years, LOL

I have to get some sleep tomorrow because I will be working tomorrow night :s I volunteered to work though!