Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career patch

Compared to the last pool patch, I don't see you guys talk about the next patch much.

Am I only one who soooo exciting for the next patch? Come on! It's December next week!

Keep wondering what and how many careers EA will add in. Any idea?

I think there maybe 6-7 careers added. Surely not the new but the old one from TS1,2,3 that was lost. But I still wish they will add something new either. :D

Let's guess
1274306.large.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I'm actually more excited about the career patch than I was the ghost/pool patch. Honestly, I haven't updated my game yet :relieved: But I will update my game to test the careers. I really like the concept of split careers in TS4 and I'm looking forward to playing all of the careers in the future.

I heard that EA has started working on the first EP. I'm even more excited about that! I seriously hope it'll for family game play like a generations game.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm always happy to see more careers, but honestly, I have not had time yet to fully explore all the careers there are already. I guess it's because I'm playing a legacy challenge and am only on Gen. 3.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    From what I've heard it's 2 careers, business and athletic. On another thread someone posted a reply on Twitter from a guru confirming this. It would have been nice to have more.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm okay with just two new careers in the patch. I'd prefer the work on fixing things like family names, family ties, and numerous other little bugs and glitches.....for now.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm okay with just two new careers in the patch. I'd prefer the work on fixing things like family names, family ties, and numerous other little bugs and glitches.....for now.
    Here! Here! I agree, please fix the bugs!

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm not really excited about the new careers. I like the concept of the careers in S4 but I don't actually like them. I know many people like them, but for me I just want the traditional jobs back but branch off like say medical, you can decide if you want to be a doctor, a nurse, or pathologist. Careers like that. Does that make sense? LOL

@fullspiral, I agree. I went into the game and half of the hood was floating in the air, and sims were walking through the river canal. Is that normal? LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @GoldenBuffy well I haven't seen that in my game, but yes, there's many little things that need tending to over a snowman sweater and other careers.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do miss the standard careers that come in the base game, like athletic and medical. Careers come just after pools on the list of things I'm excited about. I only wish they'd tell us more, though.

After all, how will the Asian dad sims be proud of their kids if they can't be doctors?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I do miss the standard careers that come in the base game, like athletic and medical. Careers come just after pools on the list of things I'm excited about. I only wish they'd tell us more, though.

After all, how will the Asian dad sims be proud of their kids if they can't be doctors?

I liked and agreed your post minus the needless Asian stereotype. For the record, the majority of Asians in Asia proper are not doctors and their parents are just fine with them. :wink:

Anyway, I totally agree with you about the standard careers. I look forward to more of those being added to the game as TS4 grows. It would have been nice to include all of the standards in the upcoming, but careers are a bit more complex this go around (which is a WONDERFUL thing) so I reckon it takes a lot more time to create them.

Still... business is one of my career favourites! I'm excited about the athletic career because one of my main 2nd gen sims is an athlete (but ts2 doesn't have a buff body shape that I always wanted my sim to have). Unfortunately, his dad's a cop, so his dad and mum haven't been reincarnated in my TS4 game yet so he won't be born in game for some time. I had to play his uncle who is a musician.
  • Options
    MitheledhMitheledh Posts: 14 New Member
    Personally, it's not new careers that I want. I want an overhaul of how careers work. I've gotten tired of the way my sim walks out her door and disappears into a black hole to do her job in complete isolation. Why doesn't her job have a physical location? Why is it that she has no co-workers? When she socializes with co-workers, why isn't she making any friends that she can hang out with after work? I would rather see that fixed before I see new jobs as the new jobs would just be more of the same.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Two new careers and one new sweater. Wooo..... :( I'm sorry I don't mean to be ungrateful but I kind of thought we were going to get several new careers and just one holiday sweater? Ok I am being ungrateful but none the less I appreciate the work that will be put into it.
  • Options
    Mitheledh wrote: »
    Personally, it's not new careers that I want. I want an overhaul of how careers work. I've gotten tired of the way my sim walks out her door and disappears into a black hole to do her job in complete isolation. Why doesn't her job have a physical location? Why is it that she has no co-workers? When she socializes with co-workers, why isn't she making any friends that she can hang out with after work? I would rather see that fixed before I see new jobs as the new jobs would just be more of the same.

I love the bring a colleague home from work feature. That would be a nice addition to TS4.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Im not exited for December, because then the exams begin :(
    But a new patch is always welcome :)
  • Options
    simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    @Mitheledh I completely agree with you. Hopefully they will fix those issues sometime.
  • Options
    looksolooksolooksolookso Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2014
    altad1 wrote: »
    From what I've heard it's 2 careers, business and athletic. On another thread someone posted a reply on Twitter from a guru confirming this. It would have been nice to have more.

Really? Just two!?
    I'm so disappointed. :(
    That's ruin my excitement. I don't understand why it has to be just 2! When that's just rabbit hole careers. At least we should to get quantity instead of quality. But it looks like we won't get both. Argh.

1274306.large.jpg
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'll be happy getting a couple or a few more careers. Although, I definitely agree that they should put in the feature of making friends at work so you can know who your coworkers are. I always enjoyed that feature and really wish that would be brought back. I also agree that there should be more branches for certain careers like the medical field that was mentioned. I like options and it keeps your story more interesting when there are more options.