Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm a family player-I've always loved creating families in sims, starting a family from scratch and watching as my family progress over multiple generations. I can play one family for years-and I loved seeing their progress from the original sim down to my current sim with a family tree. I love how different each family can be from another previous family-they all have different traits and it's so funny to watch the family dynamic in each family shift. I used to look at my family tree with pride-I would look back at all their photos with fond memories of the time I shared with those sims.

I love toddlers-they have much more personality than babies and are the start of a beautiful relationship with their family-their siblings and parents are challenged by them but they are very rewarding. They have so much potential for fun and mischief!

Babies in the sims 4 leave me cold-I really feel that making them be stuck to the bassinet is such a loss-with multitasking being the amazing new tool in the sims it seems ridiculous that they can't utilise that for new parents-the time when sims need the most help!

At first I was hopeful they would finish this game and add the omissions from family play. But given the lack of announcements and the patches being anything other than family play related I worry.

I felt like we really need to make it glaringly obvious to EA that family players exist given the lack of acknowledgement for our play style being thrown out-and that the omissions from sims4 can be game breaking for many of us.

I shouldn't have to ask this but please be polite and respectful in this thread-I'm not here looking to threaten anyone else's play-I'm just trying to give a voice to those of us who feel like we are being ignored by EA and want sims 4 to be universally loved!

Feel free to show us what you love about family play in previous sims games, a little story, a screenshot of a family you've loved to play with etc :-)
Post edited by sparkfairy1 on

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    "We hear you." They said that before when the Sims 4 was in development. And seeing and playing the game, and what is missing (open world, CASt, vehicles, etc.) makes me think they were not listening, and I wonder if they truly are listening now. I know we all have our own ideas of what should be included in a base game, but it's 2014, many games now launch with basics such as weather. Why are we still not getting that? And the toddlers, teens who look like adults, and of course there's more. It just makes me sad. I really do feel let down by EA with the Sims. I don't think it's fair that we have to continue to shell out money for things that could easily be included in a base game that is $60.

Even after it's launch and I watched Youtubers and their "Let's Plays", and I read over here on the forum, I was still on the fence, I wanted to play the game for myself. I finally got it last Sunday, and I'm already tired of playing it. :( I did not want that to happen. Right now I don't feel valued as a long time player - been playing since 2000 - and then ignoring us is like a slap in the face.

Please, EA and Maxis, listen to us. Make this game awesome! We know you can do it! Take what was so great with the previous Sims and improve upon their greatness, that's the game we want!

That's exactly how I feel. Let's make sure we are heard properly by continuing to campaign for the areas that are missing that mean the most to us. It's the only way we will get change! :-)

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I think I'll go post toddler clothes in the Ideas & Feedback section - we keep being told that particular staff keep an eye on that forum area. And it beats working on a Sunday morning :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I think I'll go post toddler clothes in the Ideas & Feedback section - we keep being told that particular staff keep an eye on that forum area. And it beats working on a Sunday morning :)

Please do post :))

And I love the idea of sims knitting. If they can programme sims to skate then they can get them to knit :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    They are listening. Otherwise SimGuruRachel wouldn't have posted that excuse about leaving stuff out to focus on the foundation. They had originally stated that *all* life stages would be in the game, so they were working on them before. I understand the frustration of them being mum, but they always go mum during the development stage. I doubt EA could have ever made it this far as a company if they would miss something as obvious as there are a ton of simmers who want toddler-inclusive family-oriented play.

I'm not so nervous about toddlers not returning. I'm more anxious about the baby stage that already exists. I hope that they update bassinet monsters to make them more like TS2 babies but improve upon them so that sims don't drop them on the floor every other second. Unfortunately, I don't think the babies will improve, so let's hope the toddlers will make up for the failed TS1 in 2014 baby life stage.

See, I get that they can't talk about it or they will have to be killed. LOL But at little heads up would be nice. Let us know besides the "We hear you." Okay, you hear us. You've said it before. Their past actions have shown us that they have not heard us. Look, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Sims 3. The biggest selling point for me was the open world and CASt. I remember when they announced the game I literally was jumping out of my seat. I couldn't wait to get the game, silly me thought that Sims 3 would be a continuation of the Sims 2 only better, and an open world.

They said back then they heard us. So again, I figured Sims 4 would give us a truly wonderful base game, the sims would return to being their awesome selves with their many layers, made more awesome with their new more advance emotions. And the game itself, with current technology would also include a smoother open world, better CASt, and more blended graphics, etc. But again, I have been let down. So can you understand why I'm giving EA the side eye right now? :( If they had listened to us from the start they never would have run out of valuable time work on the game, instead they wanted to make it an online game. Remember TSO? We did not want that to happen again. Yet they ignored us. So then they had to rush to meet their deadline and we got a bootleg version of a base game.

YES! I would LOVE an improvement on the babies. Why did they have to turn them back into objects? That was a huge peeve of mine with S1, that and the fact that they turned into kids which never grew up. I love how in S2 the babies are so cute. I utilize that swing and baby mate. LOL And I love how in S3 your sim can sit and watch T.V. while holding the baby. In S4, I figured with multitasking they'd be able to hold, eat, talk on the phone, etc. with their babies. And no longer placing them on the ground! Could you just picture them walking around the hood in a stroller? So cute, if done right! And more interactions between older kids and babies. Like they should be able to feed their siblings too, and maybe play with a rattle with them or something. I miss bathing babies (and toddlers) too!

Yes I totally agree. I *thought* they were listening to the community while in development-we all know how much effort people in this community put into giving them ideas-especially with dlc. They should have used that to understand the fan base.
    @nanashi-sims I felt the same way too initially, but the further we go down the line the more nervous I get because we've heard about all these other patches to bring us to a finished base game, but still have no more info on family stuff. I also don't happen to believe the stable base thing-since having 4 I've had more bugs than I had in 3, and even had to reinstall after the pool patch because I got jumbled command code on pool tasks instead of the correct words.

I totally agree with you on the baby stage too-multitasking has the opportunity to be fantastic with raising children from baby, toddler, child and teen and sadly so far it's missing out on how amazing it could be.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Deshong04, I can't speak for everyone, just myself. But I got the game because I wanted to make an informed opinion based on actually playing the game. But I do agree with you. Not sure if I said it in this post or in another thread, but we, the players are guilty too. Even when we were upset with some of the features or lack there of in Sims 3 we still continued to buy the EPs and the stuff from the store. I hate the store, but I broke down and got MV because it's a beautiful world and I wanted that darn oven. LOL

In an ideal world EA would actually listen and give us the game that we want to play. Will they, probably not. But I still have hope can't I? Will I continue to support the Sims 4 if what I, and many other players want are not included? No. Why keep feeding a machine that cares nothing about you and only spits in your face?

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    "We hear you." They said that before when the Sims 4 was in development. And seeing and playing the game, and what is missing (open world, CASt, vehicles, etc.) makes me think they were not listening, and I wonder if they truly are listening now. I know we all have our own ideas of what should be included in a base game, but it's 2014, many games now launch with basics such as weather. Why are we still not getting that? And the toddlers, teens who look like adults, and of course there's more. It just makes me sad. I really do feel let down by EA with the Sims. I don't think it's fair that we have to continue to shell out money for things that could easily be included in a base game that is $60.

Even after it's launch and I watched Youtubers and their "Let's Plays", and I read over here on the forum, I was still on the fence, I wanted to play the game for myself. I finally got it last Sunday, and I'm already tired of playing it. :( I did not want that to happen. Right now I don't feel valued as a long time player - been playing since 2000 - and then ignoring us is like a slap in the face.

Please, EA and Maxis, listen to us. Make this game awesome! We know you can do it! Take what was so great with the previous Sims and improve upon their greatness, that's the game we want!

I agree with everything you said. I really miss playing the sims like crazy (Especially the base games) they had so much to keep you entertained until the first EP. I rarely play now, and already ready for a EP/SP/DLC something.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited November 2014
    I really hope they add in a family tree, and that it incorporates sims that have already passed on. I'm into the second generation, but don't want to go into a third until there's a family tree. Making one on the web/other program or writing it down just isn't good enough for me.

I don't think that will be possibly logically. There is no way for a program to link an unrelated item to another without linking all unrelated items to that. Unless there is a identifier already that indicates that there is a relation between sims, I really don't think your past generations before a family tree are going to be incorporated. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top