Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DAVID SIMS AND MOMOSIMS FEUD!!

WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
edited November 2014 in General Mods Discussion
Ok so I went on my daily search for Sims 4 CC and after seeing a few comments on David Sims' blog about him being reported for converting hair, I came across this post on Momosims' (leahlilith) tumblr, and it had a cross through David Sims' picture of a bunch of hairs he had converted, and basically a whole rant about how it is unfair for original creators and that people who download it should delete the hairs. And now David is getting anon hate and homophobic messages sent his way. :|
Funny thing is that momo mentioned NewSea in the list of creators that don't want him to convert any more hairs, when I'm sure I saw on a whole bunch of peoples tumblr's that NewSea had LET THEM convert them with permission.

In my own opinion, I agree with Momo on the fact that you should respect creators original work,but some of these creators may be letting people convert it for them, as it would take AGES for somebody like NewSea or Peggy to convert all of their hairs AND fix them.

Comments

• SigmundSigmund Posts: 25 Member
    I think part of the problem is stemming from David Sims' use of AdFly, meaning he makes money when people click the links. So not only is David Sims converting other creators' hair without their permission, he is profiting financially from it.

To be fair, David Sims might have permission from some of the creators. We do know that Darko, one of the original creators, stated that he did not give permission and wants David Sims to stop.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    Lol and this is why I have a browser tool installed to bypass that dumb AdFly junk.

Not like I need it in my game anyway because the hair textures don't even look that great IMO.
    // take me back to 2018.