Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they remove the pool interactions?

I thought we were getting the "sit at edge of pool" interaction and "pee in pool" interaction, did they seriously remove those interactions before they released them? It's EA so I'm not surprised.

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You can sit on the edge of the pool, mine does it all the time. You cannot purposely have them 'pee in the pool' but they will if they don't get to the toilet in time.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    You can sit on the edge of the pool, mine does it all the time. You cannot purposely have them 'pee in the pool' but they will if they don't get to the toilet in time.

Thank god.
    Peeing in pools is so barbaric.
    Anybody who does it should be shamed publicly.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    There was no pee in the pool interaction to begin with.

They did not make it clear enough. They meant to say that you could have a bladder failure in the pool, but cannot pee in the pool.

Thank god.

Public pools put a chemical in the water that is anyone pees in the pool the area around him turns dark blue, be funny to have this in the game.
  • ASimsFanatic2014ASimsFanatic2014 Posts: 331 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

They did not make it clear enough. They meant to say that you could have a bladder failure in the pool, but cannot pee in the pool.

How do you make them sit at the edge of the pool then? because my sims never got the option to do it neither did Lifesimmer, and knowing EA they probably did remove them because it's "EA" they like to remove everything like toddlers, cars, services, hot tubs, grocery stores, bookstores and not to forget shower woohoo and beaches RANT OVER.
    edited November 2014

How do you make them sit at the edge of the pool then? because my sims never got the option to do it neither did Lifesimmer, and knowing EA they probably did remove them because it's "EA" they like to remove everything like toddlers, cars, services, hot tubs, grocery stores, bookstores and not to forget shower woohoo and beaches RANT OVER.

Just click on them when they are in the pool and choose 'sit on edge'
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member

How many times do you need to be told it wasn't removed before you believe someone? :( They CAN sit poolside. I have done it. It is a thing you can do. And unless you've updated your game since having pools introduced (which you haven't because they shouldn't have any update yet) then yours is the same.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    You can sit on the edge of pools yes but it's a lot harder if their irregular shapes like diagonal.

How many times do you need to be told it wasn't removed before you believe someone? :( They CAN sit poolside. I have done it. It is a thing you can do. And unless you've updated your game since having pools introduced (which you haven't because they shouldn't have any update yet) then yours is the same.

Yeah whatever, I know I updated my game and still no interaction, Lifesimmer also doesn't have the option and we both have straight edge pools so you go talk it up with her so bye
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Just click on them when they are in the pool and choose 'sit on edge'

You can also click near the edge of the pool when they're not in it and select sit. They'll sit by the pool with their legs dangling in the water.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    You just have to click on the edge of the pool to sit on it. Really that simple.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014

Thank god.

Public pools put a chemical in the water that is anyone pees in the pool the area around him turns dark blue, be funny to have this in the game.

Actually, that's an urban legend and not true. There is no chemical that can detect the presence of urine in a pool.

Source: http://www.snopes.com/science/ (editing out the rest of the link 'cause it contains a censored word).
    Origins: No matter what your parents might have told you, there isn't any magical chemical that when added to a swimming pool will reveal the presence of urine in the water by producing a brightly-colored cloud. As "Alan" at the Aqua Clear web site says: "There is no chemical that can function as an indicator for urine in a pool." Others in the industry concur: this belief is all chimera and no substance.

Those in the pool supply business are routinely confronted with requests for the "urine-indicator dye" (as the mythical substance has come to be known). The belief in such a
    chemical spans many countries, as does the juvenile certainty particular pools are spiked with it.

Experts on such matters say although a reliable urine-detecting dye could be produced, the trick would be getting it to react only to urine and to not trigger in the presence of similar organic compounds likely present in swimming pools. It's not a compound anyone appears to be working on either, and with good reason: who'd want it? Kids are kids, and their expected reaction to the news that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in the pool would produce bright purple or red trails would be to jump right in with the intent of putting that theory to the test. Especially in a public pool where one's indiscretions can be blamed on the fellow swimming by, what kid wouldn't avail himself of the naughty pleasure of invoking billowing clouds of dye?

Or, as one old-time Boston-area poolman put it, "If such chemicals did exist, every municipal pool in Boston would be bright purple." (A heartening thought, that. One could drown Barney, and the body wouldn't be found for days.)

Chalk this belief up as what it is: yet another sneaky parent trick meant to keep kids in check. A similar baseless rumor about naughty perpetrators being caught red-handed (so to speak) has to do with school fire alarms. A number of kids have heard these mechanisms are booby-trapped with a packet of red dye that will spray upon whoever pulls the lever, marking him as the one who did the deed. (Yes, dyes are sometimes used with fire alarms to help catch pranksters who take perverse delight in setting off false alarms, but those dyes have come into widespread use only fairly recently, and they are most commonly used as booby-traps set by investigators who have some idea who the perpetrator is or where he will strike next, not as a permanent feature of the alarms. Most kids who were told that all of their schools' fire alarms were set to mark anyone who triggered them with a special dye were being hoaxed with a bit of deterrent fiction.)

I love urban legends so I'm sort of a trivia buff when it comes to them.

Post edited by LokiSimsies on
    Sims do and can sit on the edge of the pool. They have to be in a conversation, then click the edge of the pool and select sit (or something like that, don't remember the exact wording).

Visual proof of my Sims sitting on the edge of the pool.

11-16-14_4-24nbspAM-2_zps62a57c55.png

11-16-14_4-23nbspAM-3_zps4e46a082.png

11-16-14_4-26nbspAM-5_zps8910e970.png

Yeah whatever, I know I updated my game and still no interaction, Lifesimmer also doesn't have the option and we both have straight edge pools so you go talk it up with her so bye

Do you have any cc or mods in your game? If so move them to the desktop and try again. I don't know if Lifesimmer has any mods but this sounds like a mod issue though it could actually be a bug that is effecting some.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Actually, that's an urban legend and not true. There is no chemical that can detect the presence of urine in a pool.
    I heard a rumour that the stronger the scent of chlorine, the dirtier the pool. I prefer that method of detection. This means that if I actually wanted to swim in a large toilet bowl, I could pee in it all I want. No one would know. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    It seems to be a glitch because although my pool actions are in code (I need to reinstall just to fix it and to tell you the truth im too lazy to do it) I still have the option to sit by the pool.

There's a really neat interaction where a swimming sim can splash a sim sitting on the edge of the pool and they can splash them back and sometimes jump in the pool after them. I was pleasantly surprised at that one :)
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

My sim got that interaction.
    I'm so glad we got pools and now we need for some pool games to return. Hold breath contest would be perfect because of the different pool depths. I've got some pics of TS3 pools and I'm going to put them up and show the comparison later.
    Sims do and can sit on the edge of the pool. They have to be in a conversation, then click the edge of the pool and select sit (or something like that, don't remember the exact wording).

I love this. Who would have ever thought sims would be able to talk and do romantic interactions on the side of the pool.

I love this. Who would have ever thought sims would be able to talk and do romantic interactions on the side of the pool.

Have you had them blow a kiss in the pool yet? I thought that one was kind of sweet. I also like that splashing is a fun thing and not like in Sims 3 where most of the time the other Sim would get mad.

@shearsy - that's a new one for me! I have been mostly building and doing a challenge so haven't tested the pool interactions all that much. Will have to try this one.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

You click on the edge of the pool and there should be an option to sit on the pool edge.

Don't click the pool edge, click beside it.

Ah thank you, yeah these people didn't tell me you have to do all of this first, they were all like "You just click the edge of the pool and do it"

Have you had them blow a kiss in the pool yet? I thought that one was kind of sweet. I also like that splashing is a fun thing and not like in Sims 3 where most of the time the other Sim would get mad.

@shearsy - that's a new one for me! I have been mostly building and doing a challenge so haven't tested the pool interactions all that much. Will have to try this one.

Yes I've had them blow kisses to each other in the pool and to a sim outside the pool.
    edited November 2014

Ah thank you, yeah these people didn't tell me you have to do all of this first, they were all like "You just click the edge of the pool and do it"

Feel free to post on my wall here if you need some further help in figuring this out.

Have you seen the interaction appear where it says "sit here together" or "go here together" when your Sim is talking to another? It will be exactly the same but with the pool.
    edited November 2014
    Notice she's toasting
    11-04-14_9-44nbspPM.png

And this is my all time fav my simself kissing Summer Holiday at the park pool
    11-07-14_9-29nbspPM-2.png

11-07-14_9-27nbspPM.png

11-07-14_9-21nbspPM.png