Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Game Newer Version Need Update?! Edit: Saved on Potters Splay

celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
edited November 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
I saved my game at 8:13 pm 11/21/13 eastern time. I went to play my saved game at 9:36 pm and received this message before I could even load:

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game."

I then went into Origin and "repaired" and "update" my game only to still receive the same message.

Help?
Post edited by celdys0n on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Try refreshing Origin's cache (see my sig). If that doesn't help, try refreshing the game folder (see my sig re factory settings, and note the part about how to keep your Saves and Tray and Mod folders and put them back afterward).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Thanks for the help @luthienrising. I did clean out my cache but I am still receiving the same notice. I guess I will have to see what happens when I try to start a new load since that is the only option the game is giving me right now.

On a side note, does the fact that my last saved game was being played on Potter's Splay have anything to do with the error that I am currently experiencing? I mean, I read the patch notes about having fixed issues there but this...my game is up to date, my last save was on Potters Splay just after my sim married and I started adding to the build. So why am I getting this message? So confusing...
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    This error usually occurs if the auto save corrupted which happens often when the game crashes (+other reasons).

Do you have any other save games then the ones called slot0001.sav ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial