Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too early for Christmas Lights?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    you people can have your fancyschmancy dancing houses . Im sticking to Christmas Tree Lane this year and every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMmVulKK88
    Its just something you have to experience

I grew up in Palo Alto California and they have a really cool one; the city replaces the regular streetlight bulbs with dimmer pink ones, everyone puts out a small tree with Christmas lights along the curb, and then the houses get decorated. Some of the decorations get passed along from resident to resident when the houses get sold; there's one large house that has elf cutouts climbing all over the house, another has a mechanical tin soldier in a guard house out front...it's really cool. Maybe some year I should do a video and post it...

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    My family always does it on black friday!
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    It's never too early, I love it. I'm already watching all the Christmas Movies on Christmas 24 and Sky Christmas, although where I live it's usually 12 days before Christmas the lights go up, but the house across the street already have their tree up and Snowman in the window.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    you people can have your fancyschmancy dancing houses . Im sticking to Christmas Tree Lane this year and every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMmVulKK88
    Its just something you have to experience

I grew up in Palo Alto California and they have a really cool one; the city replaces the regular streetlight bulbs with dimmer pink ones, everyone puts out a small tree with Christmas lights along the curb, and then the houses get decorated. Some of the decorations get passed along from resident to resident when the houses get sold; there's one large house that has elf cutouts climbing all over the house, another has a mechanical tin soldier in a guard house out front...it's really cool. Maybe some year I should do a video and post it...

very cool
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If you leave them out all year... it's the perfect time for them to be on. ;)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Just one of my favorite carols all time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A3i0GATnRI

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Is it too early for Christmas lights and music?

No. It's pratically December.

• Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member

I think not, yesterday my local Four Seasons had already put up the Christmas decoration, so I snapped a picture as proof :)

fourseasons.jpg
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    MrGodard wrote: »

I think not, yesterday my local Four Seasons had already put up the Christmas decoration, so I snapped a picture as proof :)

fourseasons.jpg

Thats beautiful!! What were you at the Four Seasons for? Anything fun?
  • Options

fourseasons.jpg

Unfortunately not, just for a meeting :( . But the nice Christmas lights lightened my spirit :)
  • Options

fourseasons.jpg

Unfortunately not, just for a meeting :( . But the nice Christmas lights lightened my spirit :)

Well that sucks..... :( I am glad that the Christmas lights lightened your spirit though! Did you get anything fun.........like hot chocolate or cookies for being there? LOL!! ( I am such a kid lol)
  • Options

fourseasons.jpg

Well that sucks..... :( I am glad that the Christmas lights lightened your spirit though! Did you get anything fun.........like hot chocolate or cookies for being there? LOL!! ( I am such a kid lol)

No, but they're serving champagne for meetings :D
  • Options

fourseasons.jpg

No, but they're serving champagne for meetings :D

Even better!! LOL!! I'd at least have three or four of those.....LMAO!! ;)
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    presents-under-the-tree.jpg

^ Lots of pressies!
  • Options
    plopppo wrote: »
    presents-under-the-tree.jpg

^ Lots of pressies!

Speaking of which.......I hope to get some kickboxing sessions for Christmas.......I asked, but Mom and Dad seem kind of iron clad on not getting me any more kickboxing sessions cause they are way expensive. I understand, but I really want it. My second big gift is the ps4. I have a feeling that I am going to want to up my gaming console cause there will be more ps4 games out than ps3 games out soon.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I always get a block of wood for Christmas - because, apparently, it can be anything you imagine it to be - truck, spaceship, etc, etc.

It's the same block of wood that gets re-wrapped. Sometimes it is painted, but it is the same chunk of wood.

It's got years of teeth marks in it.
  • Options
    plopppo wrote: »
    I always get a block of wood for Christmas - because, apparently, it can be anything you imagine it to be - truck, spaceship, etc, etc.

It's the same block of wood that gets re-wrapped. Sometimes it is painted, but it is the same chunk of wood.

It's got years of teeth marks in it.

This reminds me of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium........
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    *hugs* @Bear31 I am doing just fine! Hope all is well your way also :D

I usually wait till Thanksgiving Day and decorate for Christmas (over the years)
    Now I leave it for the kids to do, so who knows when it will get done, LOL

I would say go ahead and decorate, its cold outside anyways, so it feels like Christmas to me!
  • Options
    *hugs* @Bear31 I am doing just fine! Hope all is well your way also :D

I usually wait till Thanksgiving Day and decorate for Christmas (over the years)
    Now I leave it for the kids to do, so who knows when it will get done, LOL

I would say go ahead and decorate, its cold outside anyways, so it feels like Christmas to me!

Things are going well for me here!! I am just sitting down to breakfast and thinking about what I want to accomplish today. I am re-organizing my room which is LONG overdo and have a crap ton of books and things that I want my sister to sell at her garage sale. Its hard for me to let go of some things, especially when it comes to books, clothes, cards of any kind with sentiment in it.....so hard. But a life less cluttered means a room less cluttered! AND I am more organized too when that happens. So all in all, it will be a good thing. Its all just a matter of getting off my butt and doing it. I am not going to spend a good amount of the day on it, just until I can clear away the stuff in the garage so I can put my car back in my own spot. Also, I am hoping and praying beyond hope that I just won't have to fill a HUGE bin to the top with books seeing as how I have a lot. I really don't know how much I have left in my storage facility, but I am hoping its not that bad.