Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Threats.

Comments

• RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Asuka7794 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 will be better than the Sims 2 when it gets expansions and stuff packs.

All the complainers, including YOU Asuka, will enjoy it when there is enough content.

Good luck trying to eat me, because I am very unhealthy for you - I would end up giving you diabeetus.

Ate you already. It was delicious.

Ah... So you wanted diabeetus? Fine with me. XD

By the way, what ever happened to your profile picture Asuka?

Lost permission.
    tumblr_lkugwduSPh1qct2jyo1_500.gif

Be careful bb, don't get yourself banned. <3
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    The Sims 4 will be better than the Sims 2 when it gets expansions and stuff packs.

All the complainers, including YOU Asuka, will enjoy it when there is enough content.

Good luck trying to eat me, because I am very unhealthy for you - I would end up giving you diabeetus.

Lost permission.

You know me best:
    giphy.gif
  • katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    It's kind of understandable from a business point of view...
    Happy Simming
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    katycat737 wrote: »
    Business? They just ate these poor souls' money! And what did they give them?
    tumblr_mor1ysYP4J1r14o02o1_250.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »

Lost permission.

You know me best:
    giphy.gif

I get that feeling alot... just not on the forums...
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Blame the older computers for the loss of open-world and create-a-style. ;)

I want to say false. Blame Justine Keaton, I mean EA trying to make this game an online game and then realizing it was going to fail so they changed it to Sims 4 rather than giving us an actual Sims 4 game.
    dmel25 wrote: »

I want to say false. Blame Justine Keaton, I mean EA trying to make this game an online game and then realizing it was going to fail so they changed it to Sims 4 rather than giving us an actual Sims 4 game.

Nah, I think they've revealed their true motives. They're trying to make the game mobile/ iPad friendly, hence the gradual cut down of content and cheap, low-grade game play.

Though even Freeplay has toddlers so half of it is just sheer inadequacy when it comes to developing games lol.
    Jimil wrote: »

It's actually simple economics.

If demand is low, obviously it will be un-motivational (~is that even a word?) to make another.
    Businesses see trends, statistics and facts. EA is first and foremost, a business [Now if they were to give publishing rights to another company...well....]. They are out to make money first, and if the predecessor is unprofitable, why make a successor? For fan-service? LOL
    Happy Simming
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

If demand is low, obviously it will be un-motivational (~is that even a word?) to make another.
    Businesses see trends, statistics and facts. EA is first and foremost, a business [Now if they were to give publishing rights to another company...well....]. They are out to make money first, and if the predecessor is unprofitable, why make a successor? For fan-service? LOL

Perhaps if they made something that was playable they wouldn't be in this situation.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

You make it seem like this is the first game they ever made. But let me tell you, hun. They've been swimming in money from this game for over a decade now.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Ohh never blame Justine Keaton we will never hear the end of that from Colton. >:)

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    613211.gif
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    edited November 2014

Perhaps if they made something that was playable they wouldn't be in this situation.

They got c0cky and lazy.

With their monopoly on the life sim genre, they assumed Simmers would fork out for anything EA threw at them regardless of the amount of effort put into it, and now half their fanbase be like

tumblr_inline_mzq1m1ABIX1rr9jm3.gif

This is what happen to sheeps that don't get eaten....
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member

Ohh never blame Justine Keaton we will never hear the end of that from Colton. >:)
    I'm willing to take my chances. :D

You make it seem like this is the first game they ever made. But let me tell you, hun. They've been swimming in money from this game for over a decade now.

So? It doesn't matter. Would you continue a franchise if it seems like it's already reached it's peak, and is going in a downward spiral? It would be better for them to focus resources on other revenues, hence cancellation of a series [or selling it's rights, which can be a good thing]. Businesses will always look for optimal profit revenue, no matter what circumstance.

Gameplay is in the domain of developer competency, however marketing is in a different dimension itself; something we cannot comprehend. I'm awfully certain EA has top marketing employees/accountants/economists; I can't say about the developer team though.

The only game I can think of at the top of my head which actually took fan criticism to heart would be Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The original was horrible, but they pulled through and made one of the most successful MMO games presently.
    Happy Simming
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Apparently they are working on something else in secret. My fingers are crossed that it is a spin off much like Urbz or a console game that can save this franchise from its fall to rock bottom.
    Also Asuka you need to lay off the sheep. You must be putting on a ton of weight I can csll my girl JENNY to help you out if you want?
    Forget jenny she a hippie....
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

I'm willing to take my chances. :D

throwdrinkslapafter1_zpskpwwfpet.gif
    Apparently they are working on something else in secret. My fingers are crossed that it is a spin off much like Urbz or a console game that can save this franchise from its fall to rock bottom.
    Also Asuka you need to lay off the sheep. You must be putting on a ton of weight I can csll my girl JENNY to help you out if you want?

Everyone here needs a cucumber.. and I don't mean for eating purposes.

Honhonhon

*burp* Can I have another one... I accidentally ate mine. :(

tsk tsk colton -gives you a half eaten on-

*eats the other half*

*burp* Can I have another one... I accidentally ate the half one Robot gave me. :(

*eats the other half*

*burp* Can I have another one... I accidentally ate the half one Robot gave me. :(

Colton these cucumbers don't go in.our mouths! *Throws you a copy of 50 shades of plumbob*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top