Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Saddest Thing You've Heard

2...Next

Comments

• JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Jennygg wrote: »
    That my new baby son had cancer. He didn't make it. I really think The Sims saved my sanity.
    I'm truly sorry to hear that. Sending you positive vibes.
  • JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    Thank you @Juana
    hC6F85532
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Well. There are two top things for me.

1. The thought of my parents dying. (I have a really strong relationship with my parents. They are my best friends...)
    2. The thought of me growing up, getting a degree in college, then realizing it was all a waste of time and that the field that I got my degree in was only good 4 years ago. (This degree is computer science btw)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    "The Dance" by Garth Brooks.

It's the song my son-in-law chose for the video tribute he made for my daughter and played at the funeral home and at her funeral.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Juana wrote: »
    The saddest thing I've ever heard was an old neighbor of mine beating the plum out of his chihuahua. It would happen a few nights a week, and just listening to the poor thing scream was absolutely awful.

I'm sorry I have to ask why you didn't call the police or the SPCA? That's animal cruelty and it's against the law.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    "The Dance" by Garth Brooks.

It's the song my son-in-law chose for the video tribute he made for my daughter and played at the funeral home and at her funeral.

My sympathies for your beloved daughter.

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    That my two year old cousin died from her heart defect during surgery.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    edited November 2014
    The saddest thing I've ever heard was an old neighbor of mine beating the plum out of his chihuahua. It would happen a few nights a week, and just listening to the poor thing scream was absolutely awful.

I'm sorry I have to ask why you didn't call the police or the SPCA? That's animal cruelty and it's against the law.

Because in my neighborhood, calling the cops would make you a snitch and he would've known it was me. Sorry, wasn't worth it. Sadly, minding your business isn't always a "choice" - it's a matter of surival.

*cue dramatic music, but that's facts.
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member

Because in my neighborhood, calling the cops would make you a snitch and he would've known it was me. Sorry, wasn't worth it. Sadly, minding your business isn't always a "choice" - it's a matter of surival.

That would break my heart if it happened to me, i will beat the #@343 of out your neighbor myself

That would break my heart if it happened to me, i will beat the #@343 of out your neighbor myself
    It truly did break my heart, I love dogs way more than people and it hurts me to hear people scream. And a freaking chihuahua?
    I tried to nudge my boyfriend at the time to do something about it, but he didn't really have any of the same sympathy.

It truly did break my heart, I love dogs way more than people and it hurts me to hear people scream. And a freaking chihuahua?
    I tried to nudge my boyfriend at the time to do something about it, but he didn't really have any of the same sympathy.

Poor thing :/ Chihuahuas are so cute and tiny

Right? My dog's 80 lbs and I still don't hit him...how heartless do you have to be to hit a chihuahua?

Right? My dog's 80 lbs and I still don't hit him...how heartless do you have to be to hit a chihuahua?

My dog is small like a chihuahua and I could never do that to him actually I can't imagine someone being so evil, he probably was so cruel because it was a small dog!

Pinscher-2.jpg

• DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Literally anything about animal abuse or death. It's part of why I'm a vegan.
    Now I want a chihuahua of my very own. Preferably a teacup chihuahua.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    A few months ago, I saw a homeless lady sleeping in the grass behind a Carl's Jr., surrounded by plastic bags of all of her belongings. She was in the fetal position, cuddling a torn and dirt-covered teddy bear to her chest. My heart broke for her when I saw her.

I know this is supposed to be the saddest thing you've heard, not seen, so I'll add that she was snoring.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    I work in a hospital, so I'm kind of de-sensitized by sad things (strangely, Doctors and Nurses use dark humour to cope with so much negative news ; I'm a PCA for now and hope to get into Med school later in my life)

Anyway, while I was trying to buy coffee one day from the hospital coffee shop, this lady comes rushing down the stairs crying her eyes out. Of course, I try to calm her down and I know what's already happened. I was wrong though. (I assumed she lost a loved one)

The doctor actually gave her the number of days her mom was supposed to live. The mom's death was inevitable, and all she could feel was impending doom. I've never heard such a horrifying cry in my life.

To lose a loved one is horrible, but to get a time stamp on losing someone? In my opinion, that is worse. I think the feeling of impending doom greatly outweighs the emotion of a lost loved one.
    Happy Simming
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hearing early in the morning that my grandmother died. This was 8 years ago when I was in high school. We'd been visiting her in the hospital prior to that, and she's been hospitalized before, so I thought she'd get well eventually just as before.

We also had a golden retriever who passed away 4 years ago. I simply got a text while I was in my class. My mom took it the hardest.

This isn't exactly something I've "heard", but once when I was at a cemetery, I saw a gravestone plastered with little matchbox cars. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    my grandfather passed then the day before his funeral another ralative of my had an asthma attacked and passed as well. Now my dog has lymphoma..its been a rough couple of weeks.
    giphy.gif