Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansions?!

I making this thread so I can see what other "Simmers" liked from past expansions and such.

Personally I loved TS3 university... I think that should be the first one they put out. I also feel there arent enough Wallpappers and flooring so i would totally buy a cosmetic expansion.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    The sims 3 university was good in terms of being able to go to class with them but in the sims 4 that would mean a loading screen and i doubt many players would be happy with that. I liked the sims 2 university and the sims 3 university. It was fun in both. i liked the sprinkler prank from the sims 2 university lol. We do need more wallpaper and floors. I make wallpapers with the sims 4 studio but you cant make floors with it yet sadly.

I hope we get open for B back as i loved that ep. I never actually managed to create a successful shop tho as i found it to be a little confusing. I never had a proper understanding of what you were meant to do. Would be nice to give this a go in the sims 4.

I also hope for a superstar ep like the sims 1 superstar. And i would like the ep to focus 100% on fame not mash it together with other things like in the sims 3 did. Id like modelling, runway, singing, acting, the option to make music videos and movies. Everything that was mentioned in the fame and fortune ep on the ep questionnaire that was going around a while back also. I do hope they keep it to one paparazzi also like they did in the sims 1 superstar. It was fun to go and find him in studio town and try to get him interested enough to take a pic and not reject me lol. Also they could use the tram in the sims 4 for tours of your celebrity sims homes (or make a hood that has a tram system that does that).
  • StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2014
    I love supernatural ep's, so I'd love for one of those to turn up eventually. Especially if they have werewolves!
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm pretty much fine with most expansions as long as they don't heavily deal with supernatural themes. Just not my cup of tea.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I'm pretty much fine with most expansions as long as they don't heavily deal with supernatural themes. Just not my cup of tea.

I agree about the supernaturals
  • Roula10642Roula10642 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yeah i wasnt a huge fan of the supernatural stuff. i like my sims game to feel as realistic as possible. Oh and seasons would be awesome in this game... I dont find the loading screens as long in ts4 as they were in ts3, Is that just me?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Really just pets, seasons, open for business, vacations and late night/nightlife/hot date/what they'll call it this time are my "essentials" though I would also probably buy a family life EP as well as Free time.

Chances are this time around I'll pass on University, Supernatural/Magic and a fame related Superstar/Showtime (Late Night 1.5) EP they'll likely put out. If any of the ones I want are done in a lite version "such as ambitions being the lite version of OFB, Island Paradise/World Adventures "sort of" being vacations" I'll be on the fence.

One thing I WOULD like to see that they haven't done yet is a theme park/zoo/aquarium EP. Granted Makin' Magic had rollercoasters, but if they did an EP devoted to this stuff I would definitely buy it.

Don't even get me started on ITF. Unless you want to also provide with things from past eras as well and not give us only half of what you were describing in your survey, EA. >:)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Roula10642 wrote: »
    Yeah i wasnt a huge fan of the supernatural stuff. i like my sims game to feel as realistic as possible. Oh and seasons would be awesome in this game... I dont find the loading screens as long in ts4 as they were in ts3, Is that just me?

The loading screens are short for now, that will change tho. I do hope they dont get too long tho.
    @steve7859 why do you say that the loading times are gunna get longer?
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Vacations and OFB
    > @jcp011c2 said:
    > Really just pets, seasons, open for business, vacations and late night/nightlife/hot date/what they'll call it this time are my "essentials" though I would also probably buy a family life EP as well as Free time.
    >
    > Chances are this time around I'll pass on University, Supernatural/Magic and a fame related Superstar/Showtime (Late Night 1.5) EP they'll likely put out. If any of the ones I want are done in a lite version "such as ambitions being the lite version of OFB, Island Paradise/World Adventures "sort of" being vacations" I'll be on the fence.
    >
    > One thing I WOULD like to see that they haven't done yet is a theme park/zoo/aquarium EP. Granted Makin' Magic had rollercoasters, but if they did an EP devoted to this stuff I would definitely buy it.
    >
    > Don't even get me started on ITF. Unless you want to also provide with things from past eras as well and not give us only half of what you were describing in your survey, EA. >:)

^^ That would be awesome if they added a theme park
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Really just pets, seasons, open for business, vacations and late night/nightlife/hot date/what they'll call it this time are my "essentials" though I would also probably buy a family life EP as well as Free time.

Chances are this time around I'll pass on University, Supernatural/Magic and a fame related Superstar/Showtime (Late Night 1.5) EP they'll likely put out. If any of the ones I want are done in a lite version "such as ambitions being the lite version of OFB, Island Paradise/World Adventures "sort of" being vacations" I'll be on the fence.

One thing I WOULD like to see that they haven't done yet is a theme park/zoo/aquarium EP. Granted Makin' Magic had rollercoasters, but if they did an EP devoted to this stuff I would definitely buy it.

Don't even get me started on ITF. Unless you want to also provide with things from past eras as well and not give us only half of what you were describing in your survey, EA. >:)

I think it would have been better to have made a time travel ep, if they had focused more on time travel with 3 worlds set in 3 different times. like medieval, futuristic and prehistoric or something. Didn't like into the future.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    My favorite expansions were Supernatural and World Adventures. I also loved Seasons.

What the loading screens lack in length, they more than make up for in frequency. My rather extensive store habit is what made my loading times so long in TS3.
    > @jcp011c2 said:<br />
    > Really just pets, seasons, open for business, vacations and late night/nightlife/hot date/what they'll call it this time are my "essentials" though I would also probably buy a family life EP as well as Free time.<br />
    > <br />
    > Chances are this time around I'll pass on University, Supernatural/Magic and a fame related Superstar/Showtime (Late Night 1.5) EP they'll likely put out. If any of the ones I want are done in a lite version "such as ambitions being the lite version of OFB, Island Paradise/World Adventures "sort of" being vacations" I'll be on the fence.<br />
    > <br />
    > One thing I WOULD like to see that they haven't done yet is a theme park/zoo/aquarium EP. Granted Makin' Magic had rollercoasters, but if they did an EP devoted to this stuff I would definitely buy it.<br />
    > <br />
    > Don't even get me started on ITF. Unless you want to also provide with things from past eras as well and not give us only half of what you were describing in your survey, EA. >:)<br />
    <br />
    ^^ That would be awesome if they added a theme park

I was SO hoping when they announced the SIms 3 stuff in early 2013 that (along with OFB) was going to be one of the last three - instead we got IP and ITF. :'(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited November 2014
    steve7859 wrote: »

The loading screens are short for now, that will change tho. I do hope they dont get too long tho.

It honestly depends on your computer.

My loading screen right now for the Sims 4 is 3 seconds.

My loading screen for the Sims 3 (with all expansions, four stuff packs, and a lot of store content), it is only around 1 minute. Bridgeport, on the other hand, only takes 5 minutes. XD

---

EDIT: Anyway, I would want Pets, Seasons, and Justine Keaton-themed expansion. ;)
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    I've only had Sims 3 Expansion packs but my favorite was either Generations and Late Night.
    It was just so different and it gave my Sims more of a realistic family feel to it.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • mnopxs2mnopxs2 Posts: 2,119 Member
    Pets and Open For Business :) I enjoyed both a lot, and would love Pets in the family, always!
    Death.png
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I think it would have been better to have made a time travel ep, if they had focused more on time travel with 3 worlds set in 3 different times. like medieval, futuristic and prehistoric or something. Didn't like into the future.

That would have been great and that was also what they kind of inferred with their survey. I really felt like they short changed us with that EP, given how the survey was set up. #neverforget.....
    @steve7859 why do you say that the loading times are gunna get longer?

Becasue with the more stuff you add (eps) the longer they will get. Its inevitable as the game will have to load more stuff.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I would have a vacation EP with sims able to own two homes and, live full time in the vacation world if they wished. I'd also add mermaids there, but they would be restricted to that world only, and, if your sim became one, they could not leave the vacation world until they were cured. An Isla Paradiso sort of world, but better of course.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    edited November 2014
    I would have a vacation EP with sims able to own two homes and, live full time in the vacation world if they wished. I'd also add mermaids there, but they would be restricted to that world only, and, if your sim became one, they could not leave the vacation world until they were cured. An Isla Paradiso sort of world, but better of course.

That sounds wonderful! I also know someone else who's going to like this suggestion! ;) Edit never mind I see she already commented on it. ;)

I would love to see a vacations world have a snowy ski resort but I imagine they'll make EPS independent of anything but the base game, and snow would come in seasons. Maybe seasons could have a world that features a snowy alpine world - I know snow can be in non mountains but wouldn't it be wonderful to have skiing?

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I liked University because I've been to the school that they inspired in the game. they did a banging job.
    Seasons made the game seem real
    Pets Ditto
    Supernatural, I love supernaturals but I feel the makers did't try as hard on it. the spells were cheap, wands looked like flamethrowers and it stereotyped each of them way to hard. I hated how sorcerers had wands by default, and we had to pay to do hand magic. I hated how sims mumbled "spells" and pranced around like idiots. Why was it every time they were about to cast a spell on another sim the one receiving the spell always looked scared? and they were good spells to benefit them. Werewolves could not make a single sexy one, had something to do with their jaw. EA needs to actually try this time.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

I agree about the supernaturals

I agree with your agree.
    I want more building options, larger neighbourhoods (more spots per town), careers - semi-realistic content.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    My must haves are aways late night, seasons and generations. I only let myself get a few more after those ones. I really liked OFB and Apt living as well. I never tried island paradise, world adventures, or into the future.

Sometimes I consider going back to try those EP's but I don't want to deal with the painstaking process of reinstalling that game.
    > @SpidersWeb said:
    > steve7859 wrote: »
    >
    > EasyToRead wrote: »
    >
    > I'm pretty much fine with most expansions as long as they don't heavily deal with supernatural themes. Just not my cup of tea.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree about the supernaturals
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree with your agree.
    > I want more building options, larger neighbourhoods (more spots per town), careers - semi-realistic content.

I would love larger towns with more spots... And maybe being able to choose the lots sizes on each spot. I hate that i cant put stuff down from the gallery without looking around for the right sized lot :neutral_face:
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I liked most of The Sims 2 expansion packs (when I had them). The ones I really didn't like were Pets (didn't really like the animals in that expansion pack) and Bon Voyage (only because of the questing aspect of the vacations). I haven't really played The Sims 3 expansion packs, even though I own World Adventures, Generations and Supernatural (I will one day play The Sims 3 again, don't you worry), and it's been so long since I had The Sims and the one expansion pack I had for it (Livin' Large) that I can't say whether or not I'd like that expansion pack.

So, I basically want a repeat of The Sims 2 expansion packs but with new features, plus brand new, never before seen expansion packs.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif