Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are topics needing to be approved on this site?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
I don't get it. I tried to make a topic in the ideas forum and it said it would appear after it was approved. It was an idea about a beach and pool stuff pack. The ideas forum is where you post stuff like that. My topic had no pictures in it either. I think this is a site glitch and needs to be fixed.. It was probebly missed during testing of the site before it went up.

These topics never get approved and never show up.

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    That's odd it needs approval for you. I just made a topic here and it already showed up. I guess you could summon a guru?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    That's odd it needs approval for you. I just made a topic here and it already showed up. I guess you could summon a guru?

Oh oh! How do you do that? Is it like rubbing a lamp 3 times and poof a guru appears?
    jnscoey wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Oh oh! How do you do that? Is it like rubbing a lamp 3 times and poof a guru appears?

LOL. No, it's just that @ and whatever guru's name, I don't know how long it takes but maybe it alerts them somehow. I can't imagine that chat support would have a clue as it's about the forum, not the game, so that's my only real suggestion.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    Ah man, I was hoping for my own guru in a bottle....
    jnscoey wrote: »
    Ah man, I was hoping for my own guru in a bottle....

Now I've got that Christina A. song stuck in my head.... :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
    Maybe I'll bring it up in the guru thread Tuesday and see what they say. I think it's a glitch because it happens randomly and I was able to post this.
    Maybe I'll bring it up in the guru thread Tuesday and see what they say. I think it's a glitch because it happens randomly and I was able to post this.

facepalm @ myself for not even catching that it must be random since you have this thread.
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    The sad part is it doesn't get approved. :'(
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    I have an answer to your question, but it is currently pending for approval
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    Prehaps their testing a future feature on this site. Other forums do do that.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I've had the same problem, randomly.
    So I posted it on a Guru's wall.
    They're "looking into it".

*lt seems to me, that it mostly happens when the site "logs me out", occasionally, for no reason .
    It also happens more often, on PC, than my phone.
    On PC, it logs me out, then back in, as I switch threads - and go to Members Walls, and back again.

Quite frustrating at times, and am forced to refresh pages on walls, or I can't even post!

Luckily, it doesn't happen often.
    But is strange.
    Well my thread is now in the ideas forum. I'm suprised.
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    I noticed last weekend, when I was posting "Have a good weekend" messages on my friends walls, that I could only post 5 in a row and then I would get the message about needing approval on the 6th one. I would have to wait an hour before I could do any more. Really odd system they have here :/
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    That reminds me I had this happen to me a few days back, I couldn't post anything for a whole day. And they're not even pics or gifs, anyone encountered the same? :(
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    That reminds me I had this happen to me a few days back, I couldn't post anything for a whole day. And they're not even pics or gifs, anyone encountered the same? :(

Yes that's what I experienced last night though it was just one topic and it actually showed up after 30 minutes. I didn't have that issue though were I couldn't post anything for an entire day.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    It happened to me a couple of times. But when I reposted, everything was fine.