Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    @Derekjohnson, you learn to take things one day at a time; after all, that's really all we have; we're not guaranteed a tomorrow. Crystal's birthday is on Monday...she would have turned 43. My youngest and I will be celebrating it together with dinner at my apartment and simply being grateful for the time we had together, thankful that she is no longer suffering the many physical problems that eventually led up to her dying. We take comfort in the thought that her beautiful spirit lives on in a better place...and I, at least, hope to see her one day when my time comes.

That she found peace and is no longer in pain must be source of some solace.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    This is why I love Sims so much. It gives me a moment to pretend I can be loved, get married , have kids, have a nice family on both sides , have a job I love. And its a way for me to bring some life to some of my stories I write that will never see "daylight" .

I have that escape too.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    I am glad to have come across this thread and to see how much support is here. We all go through rough times and need love and support. I do hope you all can come through whatever is causing you problems with your head held high , knowing others care about you and you got through it . *hugs everyone*

I even have my own physical and mental problems ,that keeps me from living my life. I have to live with my father and I hate it because he is in his 70s , but at least I was able to get SSI and able to pay him "rent". But once he is gone , my life is soon to follow though. Sure the money will be there but my mental issue will be too , one keeps me from being able to go shopping. My late mothers family always treated me well, while she was alive but since her death , left me and my father behind since neither one of us have been family. His family has been the same since day 1 , always treated me poorly except when they want to kiss up to him . I am very glad I do not share their DNA . My father is my only family I have . Friendship is only online and even then its barely a friendship. I am not one that knows what it is like to have your mother and or father has your best friend but kinda wish I knew what that meant. Yeah , I am was not close to my late mother , nor am I close to my father. Though , I can openly speak to him about anything , though I do limit it to a point.

This is why I love Sims so much. It gives me a moment to pretend I can be loved, get married , have kids, have a nice family on both sides , have a job I love. And its a way for me to bring some life to some of my stories I write that will never see "daylight" .
    Hello @faceless341 I am sorry that you are having to cope with physical and mental issues and that you feel alone without the support of family members and friends . Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts. I care about how you are feeling and you have simmers here that will be thinking of you as you cope with all that life holds for you each day.
    edited November 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    @Derekjohnson, you learn to take things one day at a time; after all, that's really all we have; we're not guaranteed a tomorrow. Crystal's birthday is on Monday...she would have turned 43. My youngest and I will be celebrating it together with dinner at my apartment and simply being grateful for the time we had together, thankful that she is no longer suffering the many physical problems that eventually led up to her dying. We take comfort in the thought that her beautiful spirit lives on in a better place...and I, at least, hope to see her one day when my time comes.

We do need to take and live one day at a time.
    I will be especially thinking of you and your family on Monday.
  • faceless341faceless341 Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you for your kindness. I really am glad that you and other simmers do care bout others . In fact Simmers have been in my experience the sweetest people around. :D
    Hello to everyone. Sending a bunch of colourful flowers to each person who reads this post, for you to see and to add a touch of beauty to your day. :)
    Hello to everyone. :) It is snowing and raining in many areas of the world. The weather is also quite cold. Wherever you may live in the world and whatever the weather, I send an umbrella made of flower petals which you can shelter under as you cope with whatever concerns and worries that you have in your life. The petals will provide a comforting and nice scent as you walk through the day.
    Just sending a bunch of colourful balloons to everyone, and each balloon contains a hello from me and a little ray of sunshine. As you hold the balloons in your hands and look up at them floating in the air, may you also feel uplifted by the support of your loved ones in your life, both family and friends. If you feel alone without family and friends, I send an extra special balloon for you to hold in your hand, and that will contain thoughts from me that I thinking of all people that feel alone.

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Thank You for this thread Rose!! You are such a sweet, kind, and caring person!!
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    I've read all of your posts, and I just want to send love to all of you, and tell you that I care.
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Wow thank you for starting this! I am constantly amazed by the supportive people on this site. Reading through everyone's stories has me in tears!

As for me, I've been chronically ill my whole 27 years. I have applied for disability three times since 2011 and have been denied each time, I am now waiting on a hearing. I can't work and my husband tries to support us but had his hours cut to part time (they simply don't need anyone in his position full time anymore). I don't have health insurance and even with the new ACA can't get any because we actually don't make enough for a subsidy! Financially we are supposed to get medicaid but in our state you can't unless you have a child. Unfortunately I miscarried our only child Jesse a little over two years ago. Now my doctor has ordered $1,100 worth of bloodwork and tests that we have no way to pay for. My symptoms are worsening and I have no hope for treatment until I get these tests done. I can't sleep half the time and when I do it's not restful. I am in constant pain that is not managed. I have pain meds for endometriosis but I can't use them for this pain or I won't have any when that flares. I'm not allowed to take any OTC meds like motrin or advil. I am being treated for depression but it is only getting worse. There are times I think things I know I shouldn't, like why even bother going on as my situation only gets worse never better. My mother set up a gofundme campaign for me to see if we could raise the $1100 but have only raised $350 so far. I am extremely thankful for everyone who has donated but I'm just not sure how much longer I can go on like this. When I'm feeling particularly bad I try and look at this picture and it does help some.

rough-days1.jpg?w=682
    edited November 2014
    I've read all of your posts, and I just want to send love to all of you, and tell you that I care.

Hello @noodlesandme Thankyou very much for your caring support for everyone that has posted on this thread.
    Wow thank you for starting this! I am constantly amazed by the supportive people on this site. Reading through everyone's stories has me in tears!

As for me, I've been chronically ill my whole 27 years. I have applied for disability three times since 2011 and have been denied each time, I am now waiting on a hearing. I can't work and my husband tries to support us but had his hours cut to part time (they simply don't need anyone in his position full time anymore). I don't have health insurance and even with the new ACA can't get any because we actually don't make enough for a subsidy! Financially we are supposed to get medicaid but in our state you can't unless you have a child. Unfortunately I miscarried our only child Jesse a little over two years ago. Now my doctor has ordered $1,100 worth of bloodwork and tests that we have no way to pay for. My symptoms are worsening and I have no hope for treatment until I get these tests done. I can't sleep half the time and when I do it's not restful. I am in constant pain that is not managed. I have pain meds for endometriosis but I can't use them for this pain or I won't have any when that flares. I'm not allowed to take any OTC meds like motrin or advil. I am being treated for depression but it is only getting worse. There are times I think things I know I shouldn't, like why even bother going on as my situation only gets worse never better. My mother set up a gofundme campaign for me to see if we could raise the $1100 but have only raised $350 so far. I am extremely thankful for everyone who has donated but I'm just not sure how much longer I can go on like this. When I'm feeling particularly bad I try and look at this picture and it does help some.

rough-days1.jpg?w=682

Hello @frozenorangejuic. I send lots and lots of special thoughts to you! I am so very sorry that you are in constant pain. I wish I could put lots of soft pillows to surround you and take away the pain, and place a flower petal blanket over you to give you relief from your pain. I know that I can't , but please know that you will be in my thoughts. I hope that there will be a way that you can have the tests done that you need to have. Sending many caring thoughts to you. Also sending a little posy of flowers that you can imagine is sitting on the window sill in your home, and each bloom contains thinking of you thoughts from simming friends here.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Very sorry to hear of all the losses -- my mom's been gone for close to 10 years (anniversary will be end of January 2015), and my dad died way back in 1970 when I was 11 (Mom never remarried).

Right now the issue isn't totally in my life, but it's with my mom-in-law -- she's been having trouble getting what she needs at her skilled nursing facility, including some important stuff like blood test results not getting faxed over to her doctors at the clinic. It's handy that they'll draw the blood because it saves my husband and brother taking her to the clinic all the time (she's been in a wheelchair for over 25 years after failed scoliosis surgery, and takes two people to help her in and out of the car; my brother-in-law is stronger than I am, at least till I get my plumming rear end to the gym!), but not when they don't send the results where they're supposed to go. My husband is dealing with the situation for the most part but it might be time to get a meeting with the regional ombudsman who handles elder care issues for the state. And we really don't want to have to move her, nor does she want to move again; she's actually made a few friends among some of the other long-term residents, and she's enjoying activities like bingo -- she even got to go on one of the outings to a local historical museum since they used the bus that has a wheelchair lift. Not sure how much time she has left (she'll be 83 in January) but I'd like them to be as quality as they can be, and right now they're close but not quite there.

The good news is that brother-in-law is doing really well with his medication and therapy for mental health issues; he called last night to get the phone number for our old church because he wants to volunteer with the Downtown Streets Team and maybe work at the Food Closet which the church hosts. I think that is super cool! I wish his dad was still around to see the changes that have taken place...but I think he's looking down from Heaven and smiling. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just want everyone to know that I am thinking of you, prayers go out for all of you, and imaginary hugs to you all too!
    I have this thread bookmarked. I don't really reply, but want you all to know that I understand. I feel your pain.

I can tell my memory is slipping away, I blame it on old age, LOL. I usually do not repeat something that someone told me anymore, because I don't remember exactly what they said and I am not one to start rumors, drama, or lies. I just honestly don't remember! I really don't want another MRI just to see how many lesions are lit up in my brain!

People park in handicapped parking for a reason. Just because I can actually walk doesn't mean I shouldn't park in that spot! I just got my sticker about 4 years ago. I cant walk far without being exhausted. I cant walk or stand long without my legs wanting to lock up on me. I drive to work with one eye open sometimes (they get blurry at times, usually on the days I take my injections). Sometimes my balance is not that good. When you have an *invisible* disease, people think there is nothing wrong with you ( I know because I was one of those people).
    Oh, and why do people place their empty buggies in the handicapped spots instead of the cart corral? This just bugs me! The cart corral can be two spots over but they will turn around and walk over and leave them in the handicapped spot!

I don't remember what I was leading up to now! LOL. I know there was something I wanted to say though :s I hate it when that happens!

We just take it a day at a time, I do anyway. We never know what tomorrow will bring. We don't know why it happens to us. But there is a reason and we may not ever know!

Have a good day everyone!

Very sorry to hear of all the losses -- my mom's been gone for close to 10 years (anniversary will be end of January 2015), and my dad died way back in 1970 when I was 11 (Mom never remarried).

Right now the issue isn't totally in my life, but it's with my mom-in-law -- she's been having trouble getting what she needs at her skilled nursing facility, including some important stuff like blood test results not getting faxed over to her doctors at the clinic. It's handy that they'll draw the blood because it saves my husband and brother taking her to the clinic all the time (she's been in a wheelchair for over 25 years after failed scoliosis surgery, and takes two people to help her in and out of the car; my brother-in-law is stronger than I am, at least till I get my plumming rear end to the gym!), but not when they don't send the results where they're supposed to go. My husband is dealing with the situation for the most part but it might be time to get a meeting with the regional ombudsman who handles elder care issues for the state. And we really don't want to have to move her, nor does she want to move again; she's actually made a few friends among some of the other long-term residents, and she's enjoying activities like bingo -- she even got to go on one of the outings to a local historical museum since they used the bus that has a wheelchair lift. Not sure how much time she has left (she'll be 83 in January) but I'd like them to be as quality as they can be, and right now they're close but not quite there.

The good news is that brother-in-law is doing really well with his medication and therapy for mental health issues; he called last night to get the phone number for our old church because he wants to volunteer with the Downtown Streets Team and maybe work at the Food Closet which the church hosts. I think that is super cool! I wish his dad was still around to see the changes that have taken place...but I think he's looking down from Heaven and smiling. :)

Hello @stilljustme. I hope that the problems with the care that your mother in law is receiving at her nursing home facility can be worked. It sounds like she enjoys living there and has made great friends there, and is involved with fun activities. It is nice that she been able to go out on outings.
    It is great news to hear about your brother in law! I am glad that his medication and therapy is going well, and it is very nice that he wants to volunteer with the Downtown Streets Team and Food Closet run by the Church. That is great! :)
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    @goofygoober25

I'm sorry to hear of everything you're going through. Life can seem tough, and it is tough, but keep on simming and keep up your sense of humor. It's that sense of humor, no matter how though things are, that will get you through it all.

Your family sounds about as messed up as mine! I'll go into details later.

John
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It would be great if you took pre ged classes and got your GED @goofygoober27. It would be great for both yourself and also for you to feel that you were honouring your Mum too. It is hard when health problems can make studying hard some days. I am sorry that your Mum is deteriorating after she improved a little. I hope that you will continue to have many special times just being with her, loving her and caring for her. :)

And I agree. Getting your GED will open up doors for you even more. Also check with your state's rehabilitation and work services. They maybe able to help you get a job, even if it's an easy one for you. This will help you get some money on the table, and get you out of the house and in contact with others, which really, really helps.

I just want everyone to know that I am thinking of you, prayers go out for all of you, and imaginary hugs to you all too!
    I have this thread bookmarked. I don't really reply, but want you all to know that I understand. I feel your pain.

I can tell my memory is slipping away, I blame it on old age, LOL. I usually do not repeat something that someone told me anymore, because I don't remember exactly what they said and I am not one to start rumors, drama, or lies. I just honestly don't remember! I really don't want another MRI just to see how many lesions are lit up in my brain!

People park in handicapped parking for a reason. Just because I can actually walk doesn't mean I shouldn't park in that spot! I just got my sticker about 4 years ago. I cant walk far without being exhausted. I cant walk or stand long without my legs wanting to lock up on me. I drive to work with one eye open sometimes (they get blurry at times, usually on the days I take my injections). Sometimes my balance is not that good. When you have an *invisible* disease, people think there is nothing wrong with you ( I know because I was one of those people).
    Oh, and why do people place their empty buggies in the handicapped spots instead of the cart corral? This just bugs me! The cart corral can be two spots over but they will turn around and walk over and leave them in the handicapped spot!

I don't remember what I was leading up to now! LOL. I know there was something I wanted to say though :s I hate it when that happens!

We just take it a day at a time, I do anyway. We never know what tomorrow will bring. We don't know why it happens to us. But there is a reason and we may not ever know!

Have a good day everyone!

Hello @charlotteprice I am continuing to think of you with your ill health. Like you said, we need to just take one day at a time. Sending special thoughts to you.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

rough-days1.jpg?w=682

I feel for your situation, but if you live in the US, have you every tried going on welfare? Or getting food stamps? You should look into getting SSI since you are ill and disabled!

http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-eligibility-ussi.htm

I feel for your situaation, but if you live in the US, have you every tried going on welfare? Or getting food stamps? You should look into getting SSI since you are ill and disabled!

Yes, we used to have foodstamps but stopped getting it for some reason. My husband just reapplied last week with his new income so we are hoping to get it again. It would help a lot because with my issues I'm supposed to eat low carb but carbs are by far the cheapest!

I know when I applied for disability it had a check mark asking if I wanted to apply for SSI too, but I was denied that too because my conditions are not considered disabling. I am hoping if my hearing goes well I can reapply for SSI and be eligible for that too. But thank you very much for thinking about me posting the link! Now others can look into it too.
    @stilljustme2 I'm sorry your mom is having so much trouble getting her info to the right people! It's hard when you are going everything right but someone else isn't. She is lucky to have such caring people in her life to help deal with the issue! Hopefully things get figured out soon. I'm glad things are going well for your BIL. :)

@charlotteprice I found myself relating to your post a lot, as well as laughing because it's so true!
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I feel for your situaation, but if you live in the US, have you every tried going on welfare? Or getting food stamps? You should look into getting SSI since you are ill and disabled!

Yes, we used to have foodstamps but stopped getting it for some reason. My husband just reapplied last week with his new income so we are hoping to get it again. It would help a lot because with my issues I'm supposed to eat low carb but carbs are by far the cheapest!

I know when I applied for disability it had a check mark asking if I wanted to apply for SSI too, but I was denied that too because my conditions are not considered disabling. I am hoping if my hearing goes well I can reapply for SSI and be eligible for that too. But thank you very much for thinking about me posting the link! Now others can look into it too.

Hope your hearing goes well, and you get what you deserve!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top