Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    @Feetinstockings Thanks! Interestingly enough, that wasn't the first time Malcolm paraded around the house in the altogether. I love the looks he's getting from Dad and Minnie. Oh, and it took Minnie 11 weeks and 3 days. It felt like it took me just about as long in RL, given how many Groundhog Day events I had :).

Heh I just can't get over Phillip -- he's a hoot! I don't know how he manages to get everything done, but he's right on top of things. I could barely manage Minnie. Don't know how Phillip can handle so many relationships. Go, Phillip, go! :).

@Ashtonline, so glad you're going to give it a go! Good luck and have fun with it :).

Thanks SimPoseyYum
    here are his stats so far.
    his books

His skills

Phillip You have BEEN busy! Triplets!! :o Yes I agree you should woo Callie and make her your wife when this is all over. Look at those beautiful children! They are so precious! :)

You are doing Awesome and take great screenshots @feetinstockings! Keep us updated!

Add: I had to remove the photis because the site gets all silly with photobucket telling me it needs approval :\ So I remove them and no problem silly site! :p

I use photo bucket, what you do is post one pic, and post comment, edit your post and add another pic, do post comment, edit again and add another pic, again post comment, you keep doing this. once your pics are there you can go back any time to edit it and just do post comment, but the pic go on one at a time.

It was your screenshots the site was being silly about! LOL When I quote one of your post it tells me waiting for approval. Geez So I just remove the screen shots and posts fine.
    I quit using Photobucket because it sets my Avast off and is laggy/buggy to me. Think I will go with tinypic or my wordpress. :)

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    ...Got the flash yesterday. I will have David up wed or thurs to meet you all! :D

Woot woot! I'll bring the party hats and streamers!!!

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

It was your screenshots the site was being silly about! LOL When I quote one of your post it tells me waiting for approval. Geez So I just remove the screen shots and posts fine.
    I quit using Photobucket because it sets my Avast off and is laggy/buggy to me. Think I will go with tinypic or my wordpress. :)

[/quote]

I'm so sorry Teerylin, I'll look into using someone else.

I'm so sorry Teerylin, I'll look into using someone else.

[/quote]

Not problem at all! Use Photobucket it's the site that is messed up here. ;)
    When I posted my builds in TS3 we could use our studio to post screenshots. Now I have to find a secondary source. Probably tinypic since I see so many using it. :)

• laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    edited November 2014
    Alright, I'm ready to start over lol i finally got over my frustration so here is my new sim.... Valerie Pollard
    2ewp9cp.png

hopefully this time she doesn't starve to death :p
    Post edited by laladottyspotlala on
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Alright, I'm ready to start over lol i finally got over my frustration so here is my new sim.... Valerie Pollard
    2ewp9cp.png

hopefully this time she doesn't starve to death :p

remember she can eat at anyones house, I put a kitchen in each of my community lots to, just a microwave fridge and work top. So if My sims are out and about they can always get something to eat.
    Alright. So Valerie has befriended the ever so lovely but ever so rude Nancy Landgraab and has been crashing at their mansion and writing novels. they don't seem to mind one bit. Also, this place is great they have tons of computers to choose from, an easel, and work out machines.
    elte1.png

She's even started dating Malcom Landgraab. I think thats his name haha. But it wasn't long before she got bored.2qisnqg.png

So now she is dating Don Lothario and making friends with the Caliente family. so she travels back & forth between the two houses. writing novels and music.
    m746is.png
    Don seems pretty smitten. Maybe I'll have them marry once the challenge is complete.

but for some reason the Caliente house is prone to fires....
    24yock9.png

also I'm not sure why Nancy stopped by the Caliente house in her lingerie :o

11cbic4.png
    Alright. So Valerie has befriended the ever so lovely but ever so rude Nancy Landgraab...
    Interesting. Nancy was always super gracious to Minnie. Alas, they didn't spend very much time together before Nancy burnt up in a fire. But even after that, Minnie and Nancy's ghost became fast friends.

...Also, this place is great they have tons of computers to choose from, an easel, and work out machines...
    One of the bestest things about the Landgraab's multitude of computers: if one breaks, just go to the next and continue writing. If you break 'em all, leave the lot and come back. Voila, some mysterious techie type repairs them and yer good to go!

...but for some reason the Caliente house is prone to fires....
    The problem isn't the house. It's that dadblamed grill! That same brand caught fire twice while Minnie was at the Landgraabs (hence, Nancy's ghost), David (@Terrylin's Moocher) said the same brand caught fire at the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house, and I recall it burnt up at yet someone else's house. I'm tellin' you, that grill should be outlawed! Or at least recalled...

In any event, Valerie seems to be off to a rip-roaring start! Go, Val, go!

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Yes, I love the Landgraab's home! Nancy's so snooty in my game. She likes Jack, but she's just a cold fish otherwise (especially to poor Geoffrey!). And did Malcom walk around naked in your game? He did in mine, and I noticed that he did in some of the others', too! Nancy heading over to Calientes' in her negligee... hmmm... does she have a flame for Don?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Alright heres my update with valerie. We are getting close. $110,000!
    and some pics of whats going on.

After a long day of trying to produce a best seller, Valerie went to check on boyfriend Malcom Landgraab who was trying to fire up some burgers for dinner...well as said this grill needs to be recalled...because....death thats why lol
    oh6br8.png

Valerie was so sad she tried pleading, but failed.
    110bouh.png

which led to a terrible heartbreak, but great inspiration for her next big hit.
    zswr61.png

So off she ran to write novels and songs about her lost loved one.
    119z8yw.png

hopefully Valerie can recover from this lol. thank goodness it wasnt my sim who died this time :p
    Oh, poor Malcom and poor Valerie! She's making lots of Simoleans!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    it's really sad. this grill is evil.
    Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA! :( Getting it worked out slowly but surely! :)

@laladottyspotlala Nice to meet Valerie! LOL Nancy is really nice to David when he visits. As you can tell by the way she is dressed to go to the Caliente house! :o Looks like she wants to be nice to Don L also! ;) Yep she paraded around the Landgraab house wearing that for David too! :o David is to committed to Shayla to have noticed though! :p
    Looks like Valerie is moving right along in this challenge and through boyfriends! ;)

Yep That grill is a killer! Hum wonder if it was EA/Maxis idea to help us kill sims? >:)

I have my screenshots loaded in tinypic so should get some up today finally! I really am playing a sim named David honest! :p
    I am missing some that were in my other game before I had to restore TS4 folder so these are from my game last weekend. Thank heavens I didn't have to start over, just lost a week.

Keep the Moocher stories coming! :)
    OK!! Let's see if I can do this right! ;)

Meet David and his girlfriend Shayla!

1zqfpr7.jpg

I did it!! See old dogs can learn new tricks! :p
    David met Shayla while doing his book a day chore at the library about 4 weeks ago. I was really surprised how fast both the relationship and romance bars went up because no matter what I do poor David can't make friends. She is all over him every time he goes to the library! I personally don't think of the library as a romantic place but hey whatever works for ya I guess! :p

2q2lt93.jpg

His second money making place is the museum. He has the most perfect spot to paint!

2f0aubt.jpg

ajo7z7.jpg

I just noticed that the steamboat goes both directions! :o
    I also have the woodworking bench at the museum for handiness skill and of course extra cash too! ;)
    David makes the rounds in both of the neighborhoods.

The Pancakes are really nice people. They love it when David comes to visit and even opened their arms to Shayla also.
    25tyrr5.jpg

They didn't even fuss when David and Shayla took their bed! :o
    f1dzdg.jpg

The Landgraab home is also a really nice place to stay! Nancy is quite a flirtatious thing and Malcholm is mean but once you get to know him he isn't quite so bad! Geoffrey is at work a lot so David only sees him once occasionally.

Malcolms room is a nice quiet place to write.
    xfb3h0.jpg

The treadmill in Nancy's room helps to take off those hot dog pounds and learn cooking skill at the same time!
    20z1p1j.jpg

David tried to get the easel upstairs but Nancy beat him to it so he can't paint there. :(

Wow, @TerryLin - he's a really good painter! For me, personally, and for several of my Sims (including my legacy founder), the library is the center of romance! My moocher, Jack, hasn't had any romance yet, despite feeling flirty a few times and writing a successful romance. He did roll the wish to ask someone to go steady, despite being noncommital, even though he hasn't had any romantic encounters yet! For some reason, I have the feeling he might swing both ways... (Maybe it's that Beat influence.)

Woot woot @Terrylin! So so so glad we finally get to see David because I was beginning to wonder if we were being catfished (hehe just kidding :D) /hugs.

So, he was sitting in the library one day, working the computer in his skivvies :o eh? Some suspicious people (not me, oh no, not me!) might give him the side-eye for that, but apparently it floats Shayla's boat. Whatever works, right?

I love his painting spot. So inspiring. Sadly, whenever Minnie tried painting in public like that, she was swarmed with onlookers who distracted her. Took forever to get anything done. Doesn't look like David is having that issue. Good for him!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Wow, @TerryLin - he's a really good painter! For me, personally, and for several of my Sims (including my legacy founder), the library is the center of romance! My moocher, Jack, hasn't had any romance yet, despite feeling flirty a few times and writing a successful romance. He did roll the wish to ask someone to go steady, despite being noncommital, even though he hasn't had any romantic encounters yet! For some reason, I have the feeling he might swing both ways... (Maybe it's that Beat influence.)

Yep he cranks out at least one masterpiece a day out of 4 paintings! He maxed both Painting and writing in 4 weeks and completed both painting/writing aspirations. he is just starting his 8th week now.

The library seems to be the place to find romance. Shayla was in a flirty mood and well let me just say that if they could have done anything on their own I believe she would have done it to him that night right there on the desk! :o I have never had a sim so urm hot after one of my sims! :p They have been like that ever since. True soulmates! <3

I have found the noncommittal trait doesn't affect romance as much as work. They hate having the same job for long but don't mind being in a relationship/marriage.

Woot woot @Terrylin! So so so glad we finally get to see David because I was beginning to wonder if we were being catfished (hehe just kidding :D) /hugs.

So, he was sitting in the library one day, working the computer in his skivvies :o eh? Some suspicious people (not me, oh no, not me!) might give him the side-eye for that, but apparently it floats Shayla's boat. Whatever works, right?

I love his painting spot. So inspiring. Sadly, whenever Minnie tried painting in public like that, she was swarmed with onlookers who distracted her. Took forever to get anything done. Doesn't look like David is having that issue. Good for him!

LOL I hear you! :p I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get David on here myself! ;)

LOL That's not his skivvies! :p It's his speedo! He just came from the gym having swam his laps working off hot dog softness! ;) He seems to love his swimwear and especially the speedo. I don't control what he wears he puts on whatever he wants mostly the speedo. He likes showing off those abs! :p LOL

Oh he gets a crowd but I let him talk for awhile then cancel it out so he will paint. The time of day also helps. The screenshots are in the late afternoon when the crowd is going home for dinner I assume, they come back then leave both the library and the museum at 9pm sharp! :o So I you want your sim to have some quiet time 9pm is the time to go to the library/museum.
    I love watching the sims from that spot while he paints. It is a beautiful location.

David favorite house to stay is the Spencer-Kim-Lewis home. I think it was week 5-6 that we almost lost Gramps Kim to that dastardly grill and during that time the people living there have been,,,lets just say strange shall we. :p But at week 7 the SKL house has been very interesting.

David had a nice sit down breakfast with Eric & Gramps before going to town to work.
    35cnaww.jpg

When he came back he grilled up some Salmon for everyone. (told you he likes his swimwear ;) )
    xels1e.jpg

Called Shayla over to,,um,,hangout! :p
    31693xk.jpg

The spare bedroom is nicely decorated don't you think?
    2ugi8lz.jpg
    :p
    Finally had a first in my game! The next morning right after David woke up he was headed to the shower when DOOM music started playing! :o

Poor Gramps died in the dinning room! Finished his breakfast and keeled over! :(
    29d95yu.jpg

David rushed in there to see what all the noise was and was greeted by this
    9r0gmg.jpg
    2zs9x78.jpg

David had to sit down and chat with Grim while Granny and Shayla calmly eat their breakfast.
    30mpppw.jpg
    20h0nfb.jpg
    2ngtsbd.jpg

LOL Grim became David's second friend in this challenge! :p

As I have said this household is strange to begin with but I do believe gramps death made granny snap. She mourned over gramps urn the next morning and then she just lost her ever loving marbles!
    She came down stairs in the buff! :o I thank the makers for the censor now let me tell you there is a whole lot of woman there I don't want to see! :p
    16abjhw.jpg

She went to warm up some breakfast and chat with David! :o
    dq2otz.jpg
    j5bjis.jpg

Remembering her breakfast She and David move to the Dining room.
    9h303l.jpg

She didn't seem to mind at all and the rest of the house acted like they didn't notice a thing. ;)
    I love the SKL home! While I was playing it, I noticed that granny shared her bed with her son. Also, the grill started a fire, but no one burned--sprinklers were over it! And... I had a big huge crash-the-game glitch when Jack used the comp in the spare downstairs room (which I call the Gardener's room). He completed a novel right after skilling up in writing skill... and then, I couldn't cancel the writing action. He couldn't get up. His sleep and bladder meters were solid red... Even "resetsim" didn't work!

I'm afraid of that downstairs computer now!

@TerryLin - I really like your funny running-commentary style of writing!

edited November 2014
    That evening David invited Shayla over to stay the night. She wanted to dance, Eric and Alice joined the fun!
    5mleh4.jpg

Then Granny walked through still wearing nothing but her hair! :o
    29fqjpi.jpg

David grabbed Shayla for a kiss so she wouldn't see Granny!
    352ll5c.jpg

The next morning David went for his jog. After publishing his book on his home lot.
    ehf2w3.jpg

When he came back Granny finally put some clothes on and on that note I quit. I can't wait to see what the SKL do next! ;)
    Hope be able to play some tomorrow! :D

Happy Mooching! :)

Post edited by Terrylin on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top