March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello :) I've spent more time building than actually playing my Sims, so I figured I might as well join the club and create a thread to show some of them off, instead of letting the houses gather dust in my neighbourhoods :D. I really enjoy watching the other builder threads, very inspiring.

Feedback and/or critique regarding the builds are welcome! You can ignore my crappy decorating and gardening skills though, since those are not my strongest points (and I lack the patience for it). I'll post lots I've made which I like enough to share :) None of them use any CC. I usually do use MOO!

Lots in this thread have been uploaded to the gallery, find them using #cerrydd or by my Origin ID Cerrydd :)

Visit my Tumblr to see a preview of my builds, from new to old!

A little impression:

tumblr_ptgia4m9au1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Archive:

Starters
Dissel
Orange
Hunter's Cabin
Blokje
Toot

Drizzle
Heartless
Jinek
Flash
Revision

Pink Brownie
Strawhead Cottage
Stonemaison 1
Old Smithy
Firmament
Privacy Schmivacy
New Light
Pierfect Start
What's in the Box?
Red Cabin - Micro

Traditional
Rikki
Bricky
Boeim
Outdoor Treat (rental cabin for Granite Falls)
Ciz
Revival
Ridiculously Pink
Kapelle
Greenhouse Farm
Grand Dormitory
In Bluem
Aïcha
Selamat Pagi
Riddles
Brightness
Châlet du Laerbeek
Noobcrest
Gilded Cage
Red Red Glühwein (rental cabin for Granite Falls)
Loosely Lawnless
Summer Skin
Stonemaison 2
Stonemaison 3
Stonemaison 4
Stonemaison 5
Sonne
Burgundy Bay
Lluvilla (rental for Selvadorada)
Lemon Tree
Triplexatops (triplex)
Sulset
Selamat Siang
Red Cabin - Tiny
Red Cabin - Small

Modern
Brering
CPs
Morn
A Certain Shade of Green

Burble
Total Ellipse
Wednesday
Quirk
Zig-a-zig Aaaahh
Pas de Deuxplex - Duplex
Hip to be Square
Shed My Skin
Red Red Line
Jubel
Contemporary Cat Lady
Lovebird
The Mullet - Duplex
Marrymakers
Block Breeze
CPs V2.0
Sulrise

Public lots
Temple of Matari (park)
Muzzy (museum)
Libby (library)
Gymmyg (gym)
Zohee (museum)

Whiskey in the Bar (bar)
Brick Books (library)
Cerry's Gallery (retail)
Simoleon Supermarket (retail)
Whiskey in the Bar V2.0 (bar)
The Eatery (restaurant)
Into The Fold (museum/arts center/cafe/lounge)
Furrytails Vet Clinic (vet clinic)
Strangerville Archives V2 (library)
Ebb & Glow (beach)
Green Wing Hospital
Foxbury Lots-In-Commons
UBrite More-In-Commons
Hungry Hungry Hipsters (restaurant)

I'll start off with a house I've built a while back. I based it on 2 rowhouses near my home and tweaked it to make it one house.

tumblr_newh1aGfRr1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_newh1aGfRr1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_newh1aGfRr1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

(this is also secretly a test to see whether I should post single pics or stick to collages ;))

I built it on a 40x30 lot and has ~4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It also has a study and space for a pool in the back. I made it far before the pool patch came out and thought about adding one, but I like the house enough as it is :) Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9546FFBD6DDC11E48B5372FCAC36EC2C
What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
Post edited by Cerrydd on

Comments

• DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
    I love your style, especially your interior decorating. I love your use of varying color, it's really pretty. Can't wait to see more of your work!
    Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    It is great that you have created a showcase thread for your builds :) Your home that you have posted is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of it! The roofing looks very nice! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers, trees and plants in the front garden area of the home! The water fountain there looks nice and it looks great how you have a pathway there. It is a nice sight for sims to see when coming to the home, and sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat bench enjoying being outdoors in the air. Very nice back patio for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meal at the table there, enjoying the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels in the back door area. It looks very nice how you have done the patterning on the ground of the back patio! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. The master bedroom is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets there! The vanity tahle looks nice. The floral wall pattern looks nice. The butterflies picture on the wall is very nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst laying in bed. The candles are a nice touch on the bedside table. The clothes wall shelf and the shoes rack are nice home touches in the room. Very nice design of the kitchen and dining room! The bar stool counter is great! It looks nice how you have used alternating colours for the stools and for the dining seats. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The fruit bowl and bottles on the counter and the hanging pots are nice kitchen touches in the room. The fruit picture on the dining room wall is nice for sims to see when dining there. Very nice living room! It looks great how you have placed the cabinets around the tv! Sims will enjoy sitting and resting on the sofa and armchairs there, watching tv and enjoying listening to the music from the grand piano being played. The music alcove area looks great! Sims will enjoy playing the piano there or have fun dancing to the stereo. Nice family room sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting on the red coloured armchairs and sofa and have a chat together in front of the fire. The study room is great! Sims will have fun playing chess there or enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer. The book reading nook is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the armchair there reading a book from the bookcase.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    edited January 2015
    @DawnbreakEdge thanks! It's funny you say that, because it's one of the things I pay the least attention to. I usually just put down some furniture, change some colours, see if it meshes well... and if it doesn't, I leave it anyway LOL. I've noticed I tend to fall back to certain basic colours (red, green, blue) and reuse them over and over again. It'll show once I post more pics :)

@rosemow thank you for your very kind words!

Here are some more: (sorry for the picspam, but I've built quite a lot ;))

tumblr_newiqm2rsK1s873l7o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_newiqm2rsK1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_newiqm2rsK1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

I initially intended this bungalow to be a starter, but I failed and couldn't keep the price below $20,000. When I was taking screenshots, I decided to add a pool since it was never going to become a starter anyhow. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/71C549D96DD611E4856A72FCAC36EC2C

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I came across a cute train station a while back, took a pic and made this house based on the station. I really like how it turned out. Originally, all the outside walls were plain white, but I wanted to make it less flat and changed the wallpaint. 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a hobby room and 2 balconies. I also added a pool today. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/89ABE8416DDA11E4894672FCAC36EC2C

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqy2dvGe1s873l7o5_1280.jpg

This is one of my more recent builds. I postponed creating a gym until the pools arrived, and this is what I made of it. The only idea I had was that I wanted it to look modern, and to have treadmills in front of large windows. I have no idea if the rest of the actual 'gym area' really looks like a gym, since I've never set foot in one IRL... but eh :P Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9476CF006DD711E4866872FCAC36EC2C

I'll add more pics tomorrow :)
    Each of your builds are very nice! :) The exteriors of the homes look very nice! The flower box windows in your bungalow build look nice and it is great that you have a pool in the back patio area. It looks very nice how you have done the windows in your train station home build! It looks a nice light filled home for sims to enjoy both the sunlight coming in and also to enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The Gym looks very nice! . Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the different types of equipment there. Very nice indoor pool area! The bar alcove area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink there and a chat.
    They are very nice homes :)
    Would you like me to add a link to your showcase thread in the showcase links thread ? The link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread
  • DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
    @Cerrydd I guess that's what I like about it. There are a lot of contrasting colors and it looks really nice.
    Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your builds are beautiful! I especially like the first one and the house that you first intended to be a bungalow/starter and turned into a big lovely family house! Great job! :D
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Really awesome builds, each unique and beautifully designed! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    edited January 2015
    Thank you @yanti68 and @Chris2fer03! I'm quite fond of how the bungalow turned out too, though haven't played in it yet. I did play in the very first house and I really liked it. Only downside is that it takes a bit long for sims to get to the kitchen in the morning, but eh :D

Here are 3 more:

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

This is a museum. I figured, if I'm going to build a museum, I might as get inspired by art. It's probably not hard to guess ;) but it's Piet Mondrian and his composition in red, blue and yellow. Interior isn't that interesting, but I'm happy with how this colourful block turned out. And the exterior flooring took quite a while. I put down the black lines, and then drew it out on paper to see where I should put which colour. Too bad my sims hardly ever visit the museum :) Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5C14A6AE6DD811E4871072FCAC36EC2C

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_newr20QUfq1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

This is probably the first 'modern' build I tried a long time ago. The making of this house started out a bit weird; I just wanted to make a kitchen. And when the kitchen was done, I decided to build the rest too. I was afraid it would look too much like a bunch of containers stacked on eachother. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a study and a big party area with a bar. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2002A1706DDB11E489D072FCAC36EC2C

tumblr_newqtaRZhS1s873l7o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqtaRZhS1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_newqtaRZhS1s873l7o8_1280.jpg

With this one, I decided to turn things around, so the 3 bedrooms are on the ground floor and the living area on the first floor. I love how the sun shines into the dining area in this screenshot :) Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/40667A8A6DD711E4861872FCAC36EC2C
    The exterior design of your three new builds look so very great! :) The Museum looks so very nice! The red, blue and yellow colour of the exterior of the building looks very nice, and it looks so very great how you have done the exterior ground flooring pattern! Your use of colours in the build both for the exterior and the interior looks very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the indoors easels there. It looks nice how you have placed the easels facing the glass windows so as sims can enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst painting. Very nice light filled armchairs sitting nook area. It looks nice how you have placed the arnchairs there, for sims to enjoy sitting, resting and having a chat. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the two homes. The layout and architectural shape of the homes looks very nice! Very nice party and bar area in your first home. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The island stove and bar stool counter looks great! It looks nice how you have used the different coloured stools around the counter, as well as using the different coloured dining chairs too. It looks great how you have designed the second home for the living, dining and kitchen area to be on the upper level and the bedrooms on the ground level. The floor pattern in the kitchen and dining area looks nice.
    They are very nice builds! :)
    Lovely builds! I like the style of the first! The cubic style and the vibrant colours really stands out! The museum looks great too! Nice decor! :D
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Great stuff here! I love the cube build...the exterior flooring is fantastic and the colors really pop. The row house inspired build is also a favorite of mine...love the shapes and decor.
    Lovely work. :)
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm happy to see people enjoying some of the things I come up with :)

tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

So greeeeeeen... :D And quite spacious! 3 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and a small study. The space in the backyard could probably use a pool. This is probably my favourite modern build I've done so far. And I like green, so it doesn't hurt my eyes as much as it should :P Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F3E1B40A6DD811E487B972FCAC36EC2C

tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o3_400.jpg
    tumblr_nf224tIA3c1s873l7o5_1280.jpg

So piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink... haha! This is an oldie, but it holds a special place in my heart. I built it for my SimSelf once she earned enough money. Can you guess what my favourite colour is? ;) It's almost a barbie dollhouse. She didn't have any kids, which is why the other bedrooms are unfurnished. Could've put even more pink in there :D changed the fountain into a small pool. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/73ACBDC36DDD11E48C1B72FCAC36EC2C
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wow! I like all of your builds @Cerrydd. They're very cute and gorgeous. :D
    I like your museum, the exterior design is colorful. Also, I like your first modern build, the mixing of wall patterns looks gorgeous with the greenish feel on some of your rooms, and colorful chairs in your dining area and bar. And about your latest lot, really like each of your color schemes. Your first one is very modern, yet greenish feel, while the second one is more traditional (not sure about this architecture), yet pinkish feel.
    Gonna love them both. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Your two new homes are very nice! :) The green and the pink colour schemes of the homes look very nice. Very nice exterior desjgns of them! The outdoors living and pool area in your second home is a very nice place for sims to have fun swimming and dining outdoors at the table there. It looks nice how you have placed the island bird bath in the pool. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the tv in the living room! Nice study desk nook area there for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer whilst other sims are enjoying sitting watching tv. The flower cart is a nice touch there. The wraparound porches look great! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the first home. It looks great how you have done the car port and have the enlarged vehicle there! Very nice layout of the home. The roofing looks great! Great playground area. Child sims will have fun playing on hthe monkey bars, and the jigsaw flooring looks colourfully nice there.
    They are very nice homes :)
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Awesome work, cerrydd! Love the wraparound porches or decks-that's one of my favorite things!
    Thank you for your comments :)

@RyeCris16 To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what style the pink house is built in myself, haha! It has a bit of cottage-y looks to it, but not entirely. It's definitely more traditional than the green one though :)

@rosemow Your comments are always so lovely. I think you are the most positive person I've ever seen on the internet. If you were Earth's leader, there'd probably be world peace now (*)

@Mandylcd I looooove porches! Probably because I've never lived in a house with one and will probably never be able to buy a house with a porch. I'm just living the dream... Sims style ;)

I'm on a bit of a building spree. With Dragon Age coming next week, I'm trying to put a lot of time into building, because I'll lose myself in Thedas for a while. I'm really enjoying myself though, I've always liked to build but often lacked the patience in the previous games. I think I've built more in TS4 than the first 3 games combined, yay!
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Little bit awkward to lead off with, but if it wasn't for you and Bry commenting about Inquisition coming out I'd have totally forgotten! :o

Anywho, I really like the design on the first house and the scheme you've used. The only part I thought might be a little funky is the yellow striped awning in the back, I believe it has either a red or brown option (maybe both?) so you might ponder swapping it if you haven't already. I think you've done a nice job on landscaping the front yard, you aren't that bad at it. :p Same thing with the interiors you have decorated, they look well put together and you've used the objects in the catalog quite well. :)

I also like the museum, the floor pattern is very cool and the alternating yellow/blue/red is a classic but effective scheme. Sometimes I find it helpful to just lay out the basics and come back later with rugs and other decor items so I don't go crazy clicking all over the catalog for one space at a time.

The green themed modern looks nice, looks rather 'atomic age' to me as well. Again here the landscaping and decorating you've done look nice and the puzzle-piece flooring under the monkey bars is a fun addition! :)

Those are the ones I like the best, on another note are these up on the Gallery? Didn't see ya specify an Origin ID right off or names for them. Not too bad really, you might also think about utilizing premade rooms for some of your builds to help your patience out. :p
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    You have some really nice homes here!! I love how diverse they all are, and you have some really creative ideas!! As TGL said above, I did not see any mention of your Origin ID anywhere. I like to go into the gallery and favorite other builders lots.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    2 builds! WOW! I see that you have been busy! The first one, has a nice contemporary feel! Loving the carport and the roof! The second one looks like a house of a fairytale! Very pretty! :D
    Little bit awkward to lead off with, but if it wasn't for you and Bry commenting about Inquisition coming out I'd have totally forgotten! :o

Anywho, I really like the design on the first house and the scheme you've used. The only part I thought might be a little funky is the yellow striped awning in the back, I believe it has either a red or brown option (maybe both?) so you might ponder swapping it if you haven't already. I think you've done a nice job on landscaping the front yard, you aren't that bad at it. :p Same thing with the interiors you have decorated, they look well put together and you've used the objects in the catalog quite well. :)

I also like the museum, the floor pattern is very cool and the alternating yellow/blue/red is a classic but effective scheme. Sometimes I find it helpful to just lay out the basics and come back later with rugs and other decor items so I don't go crazy clicking all over the catalog for one space at a time.

The green themed modern looks nice, looks rather 'atomic age' to me as well. Again here the landscaping and decorating you've done look nice and the puzzle-piece flooring under the monkey bars is a fun addition! :)

Those are the ones I like the best, on another note are these up on the Gallery? Didn't see ya specify an Origin ID right off or names for them. Not too bad really, you might also think about utilizing premade rooms for some of your builds to help your patience out. :p

How on earth can you forget about Inquisition dropping this week? I've been going mad from anticipation for it :D I'm glad I had TS4 to keep me busy for the last few months.

I've thought about changing the colour of the yellow thing, but for whatever reason I'm so used to the yellow, it doesn't look 'right' in my eyes when I change it x_x People are free to change it in their worlds :). Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

I think the problem I'm running into right now is that I'm getting 'bored' with the catalogue. Modern build? I'll use this, this and that. Traditional? These items, and that. Same windows, same clutter all over again. I hope we'll have more to choose from when I'm done with Dragon Age ;)

@Tiki5872 and @yanti68, thank you for your comments!

Aaaand I've uploaded the lots in this thread (and a few old ones) to the gallery. Since I'm not creative with names (most of them are just random words), you can find them using #cerrydd or by my Origin ID Cerrydd :)
    edited January 2015
    Phew, my latest build:

tumblr_nf6tkzdLuU1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Old city hall...school...hospital...building... repurposed as appartments. It holds 4 seperate appartments, all with their own living areas and bed/bathrooms. Three of them have 2 beds 2 baths, one has 1 bed and 1 bath. Small garden to chill in and do some BBQing.

tumblr_nf6tkzdLuU1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nf6tkzdLuU1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nf6tkzdLuU1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/363822BA6EA511E480CC16E9A4081AAA

I think it could work as a library as well! Or a museum maybe.
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Beautiful new builds! You definitely a creative eye for design, each build is unique and well executed! Love the museum and the modern build, great job!! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    Your new apartments build is very nice! :) The exterior design of it is so very nice! The roofing looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the clocks on the roof sculpture towers. It looks great how you have placed the windows in the build! The colour of the exterior looks nice, and it looks great how you have used the roof trimming! Very nice curved front patio entrance! It looks great how you have steps either side of the patio. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants corner nooks in the front area of the build. It looks great that you have placed the top hat and head sculpture outside the front of the home for sims to see when coming to the house. Very nice back garden area! The water fountain features there look very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there ahd eating their meals in the outdoors air at the tables, in nice flowers and plants surroundings. The shield banner loks nice how you have placed it on the back exterior of the home. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior of the home! It looks great how you have set the build up as four different apartments with their own kitchen and living areas. Very nice designs of each of the kitchens, and it looks very nice how you have placed the sofas in the living rooms. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating watching tv.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you @rosemow and @Chris2fer03!

I uploaded it to the gallery, but had to pull it off when I noticed the house came with dirty empty plates of the previous owners, LOL! I didn't even know things like that were included if you save a house. I re-uploaded and it should be fine now :)

I'm currently working on a park with a temple, and ran into a window glitch :(