Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread closed/deleted please!

Hey all,

I used to love playing wishacys with the Sims 3. Ive just played a sim to death (literally) without cancelling a single whim and fulfilling as many of them as I could. It was great fun, with a total of 164 whims fulfilled in her 117 days. If anyone would like to try it I have put together some rough guidelines below.

GETTING STARTED

Begin with a fresh game. Create your founding sim. Only rule here is that he or she must be a young adult.

The sim life span will determine the difficulty of this challenge.

Long life span - novice challenge, subtract 2000 points.
Normal life span - intermediate challenge, score 2000 extra points.
Short life span - hardcore challenge, score 4000 extra points.

One created, pick a lot and move in. You can create your house however you want, but there must be no decor or items that influence a sims emotions. So basically, plain and basic to begin. No money cheats.

THE RULES

* no cheats at all!
* No moving from the founding lot.
* No cancelling whims. Not a single one. Nada. If your sim changes its own whims that's fine.
* No buying any objects that have an emotional aura. However any created items by your sim with auras are fine.
* You cannot use satisfaction points at all! They go towards your final scoring.
* No Book of Life or Ambrosia.
* Soon as the grim reaper appears, pause game and screen shot sim stats.
* if your sim has a whim for an item that has an aura, either buy it then sell it immediately on the whim completing or just don't enable the aura.

GAME PLAY

You CAN control your sim. As scoring takes into account your positive and negative emotion scores, leaving your sim to get in a state is only going to ruin your final score. So boss your sim about all you want, just dont neglect those whims, because they rack up the satisfaction points which help your final score.

You should aim to complete one life time aspiration. You could say these are the biggest whims of all. If you fail to complete a lifetime aspiration, you fail the challenge. You can switch aspirations whenever you want and complete as many as you want. No extra bonus points for completing more than one though, the satisfaction points gained are more than enough!

You can make this challenge into a Whimacy if you want. To do this, start as above. Have a child or adopt. DO NOT switch game play to the child/teen at any time. No fulfilling any whims. As soon as your heir becomes a young adult, the next generation begins. Score each generation for a final Whimacy grand total.

You can also just play a single sim with a single life time. When the grim reaper shows up, its all over. Screenshot those sim stats and see if you can do better with another sim or post your score and sim stat screenshots on here for everyone to see (and be competitive over!)

SCORING

Your sim stats are important here. They show the completed number of whims in your Sims life time. For scoring open up your sims stats in the Simology tab and:

1. Take your total whim count. Multiply it by 10.
1a) Add or subtract any extra lifespan points to the above.
2. Take your total satisfaction points and add together with the above.
3. Add each of the positive emotion counts in the sim stats to the above. (Confident, Energized, Flirty, Focused, Happy, Inspired, Playful)

4. Deduct each of the negative emotion counts in the sim stats from the above. (Angry, Bored, Dazed, Embarrassed, Sad, Tense, Uncomfortable)
5. Deduct 1000 points for each and every cancelled whim from the above. (ouch, don't cancel them.
6. Deduct 1000 points for dying with an incomplete lifetime aspiration selected.

If your sim dies having never completed one lifetime aspiration, F for fail. Try again and good luck!

This challenge post will be updated to reflect any questions or score changes should they arise so please check back.

SCORING EXAMPLE

I just played through the lovely Whimsy Simsy, an artistic sim that died of old age. These are her stats, though her satisfaction points were $12770 not $2000. I forgot to take a shot before i carried on playing her after the challenge ended.

Her Stats:

Her Scoring

12770 points from satisfaction
2000 points for normal lifespan
1250 points for whims completed x 10
568 points for positive emotion stat count added together

Total: 16,588

Deduct 95 for negative emotion stat count added together
No cancelled whims
No aspiration deduction.

Total: 95

FINAL TOTAL: 16588 - 95 = 16493
Post edited by PurpleThistles on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I didn't notice which life span to select - normal or long? And once the first aspiration is completed, time allowing, can we begin another? Any bonuses for completing more than one lifetime aspiration? Any points for skills?

Sounds really fun!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Added to the List of Challenges pinned at the top of this forum.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    For a harder challenge you would have a normal lifespan. For an easier one you would have a long life span :smile:

you can switch and start as many lifetime aspirations as you would like, just be careful not to die with an unfinished one selected! No extra bonus points for completing more than one aspiration as the satisfaction points gained will far outweigh any bonus I could suggest!

Will update the rules when I jump on my computer and any other questions etc let me know! Have fun :D
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Sounds like a fun Challenge @frasersim. I have a few questions:
    • Will scoring change based on lifespan? Does the player earn a bonus for using Normal and a (big) bonus for using Short?
    • I know we can't buy any items that create aura, but what if the Sim has a whim for one? How would we complete that whim?
    • I'm assuming our Sims will earn satisfaction points in the thousands, given that we can't spend any. Are the bonus and penalty points high enough to make a difference? Perhaps they should be x10? Or higher? There should definitely be a huge penalty for cancelling whims. Make it hurt.
    • This question is more general about TS4: All my files/games so far are Aging Off. If I turn Aging On for this Challenge, will it affect (in other words, ruin) my other games? Is Lifespan/Aging determined universally or is it individual by game?
    Thanks for putting this Challenge together!
    Hey!

I've been in the middle of playing through another attempt at this challenge to try give me a better idea of scoring etc :)

The life spans I hadn't intended on additional scoring more than different levels of difficulty if that makes sense, epic for a novice challenge, normal for a normal challenge and short for a difficult challenge. However if those playing the challenge want scoring for life spans please feel free to make suggestions and I will update the main post!

If the sim has a whim for an item with an aura, you can purchase the item and either keep it and don't enable the aura or sell it straight away after the whim fulfills.

I agree there should be a huge penalty for cancelling a whim, really I'd rather make it mean a challenge fail as I know it can definitely be played without cancelling. However accidents happen (accidental click maybe) so a penalty of 500 points per cancelled whim can be applied?

With the scoring I will update the main post now with a few changes :)
    Oh and life span is individual by game. With the ageing option select auto age (player sims) only active household. As long as it's a fresh game file it won't affect your other games :)
    Main post updated. Ive never put together a challenge so the scoring aspect is quite new to me, feel free to suggest changes!
    frasersim wrote: »
    ...The life spans I hadn't intended on additional scoring more than different levels of difficulty if that makes sense, epic for a novice challenge, normal for a normal challenge and short for a difficult challenge...
    The issue I see here is that those playing an epic lifetime have much more time to rack up points than those who choose to play a short. They have a better chance of completing an Aspiration before death than does the person who chooses short. Thus, the person who chooses short should have some point incentive to do so and those who choose epic should have some detriment. Opinion, of course.

...If the sim has a whim for an item with an aura, you can purchase the item and either keep it and don't enable the aura or sell it straight away after the whim fulfills...
    Excellent! Thanks!

...I agree there should be a huge penalty for cancelling a whim, really I'd rather make it mean a challenge fail as I know it can definitely be played without cancelling. However accidents happen (accidental click maybe) so a penalty of 500 points per cancelled whim can be applied?
    500 points sounds like a great compromise, in case someone accidentally clicks. Also, for some, it may be a strategic click -- provided they think they can afford the 500 point penalty. It gives an option.

Looking forward to giving this one a go!

Yep I agree there, with the lifespans so have updated to actually subtract 2000 if choosing to play on epic. Also changed cancelling a whim to 1000, which is very high but I think important to the theme of this challenge. Thanks for your help! Can't wait to see how people do!
  • Rockinchica777Rockinchica777 Posts: 131 Member
    Question. Sims can sometimes change their own whims, would that count against you?

...6. Deduct 1000 points for dying with an incomplete lifetime aspiration selected...

Quick question with regard to item 6. I want to make sure I understand this rule.

Let's say my Sim has already completed Freelance Botanist Aspiration 100%. He then selects Computer Whiz and completes the first two Milestones. While he is working on the third Milestone, his computer goes kaput. He makes a stab at repairing it but, alas, he gets electrocuted. Since Computer Whiz is the active Aspiration and since it is incomplete at time of death, he has to deduct 1000? Even though he already has one fully completed Aspiration?

Rockin no that won't count against you as they have done it themselves.

Yes simposey, if they have an uncompleted aspiration at the time of death deduct 1000 but you can switch back to a completed one....if you remember in time!

I played through another attempt and my sim died. I stupidly forgot to take a screenshot of her stats so waiting for her to come back as a ghost to add to household and get them that way. Duh!
    edited November 2014
    Untitled.png

Thats the stats picture for the original post. For some bizarre reason I cant add a picture to it!
    ...Yes simposey, if they have an uncompleted aspiration at the time of death deduct 1000 but you can switch back to a completed one....if you remember in time!
    Whew, that's tough! I may as well deduct the points now because I know I'm going to get caught with an incomplete on the books :D.

I played through another attempt and my sim died. I stupidly forgot to take a screenshot of her stats so waiting for her to come back as a ghost to add to household and get them that way. Duh!
    Clever! You've done a great job with managing moods. I played through a week of Whims and I bet my poor Sim has already been Uncomfortable 200 times. I keep forgetting that I can't let him sink that low for this Challenge.

MOVED THIS CHALLENGE TO A NEW THREAD HERE

(Couldnt add pictures etc to main post, must have been on the restricted new member group or something)